Official Car Design Competition (UE4 Open Beta)

2020 + imagination.

2 Likes

As for the ad, does it matter if the image is in landscape or portrait?

I answered my own question lol.

Indeed it has to be exactly 1920x1080, some photoshopping or gimping is required to make this work :slight_smile: you’ll want to add graphical elements and text and things to the ad, after all.

Hey!
Do I get extra points if my cars have their own lore? :stuck_out_tongue:
Like a hot hatch that’s actually a pumped up version of the basest base model in the history of base models?
A 1980s premium sedan that uses a detuned, emissions ridden version of the engine of a 1960s muscle car?

By that I mean, will you have the time to care about things we say in the mails or will you just extract the car files and that’s it?

I did consider having a category for best lore around a car, but as you point out yourself, that would be very time intensive so I decided against it. We’ll only be able to consider the car(s) themselves.

Understandable x)

Also just one other question, I think I F’d up.

So I have this car in the F category, and it’s also the car I made an ad for in the R category.

I already sent a mail containing the car, labeled Competition F - Username, and a mail contaning the ad, labeled Competition R - Username, without the car. Just the ad.

Shall I sent a second mail contaning both the car and the ad for the R category and ask to completely disregard the first mail, or will you be able to make the link?
Sorry for the inconvenience "^^

Yes, please PM me here which email you sent your submission from and resend the car+ad in a single email. Then I can just delete the first R category email of yours.

Heh.

Yet another F up.
I had to reinstall the game, and apparently it had the side effect to opt me out of the open beta.
I think I’m on R4 again, the game is showing the Freeroam button and isn’t showing the build number like it did before.

Anybody knows how to go in the R5 open beta? I can’t find it anymore and I remember it being very well hidden…

[EDIT]
nvm found it. Very well hidden indeed.

I f****d up, I sent in an email and car with the wrong category letter that’s not even one of the category letters by mistake. Could I send it again with the correct letter or am I screwed?

PM me what email you sent it from, your username / steam name, and I’ll remove all your previous submissions.

Is it possible to use different emails to submit different content for the same category?

In principle someone could cheat the system in that way, but that requires multiple Steam accounts, too :stuck_out_tongue: It is not something we endorse. One car per category per person.

1 Like

Cool. I use 2 steam accounts… :smiling_imp:

quick question, do you need to submit the car save file along with the advert for the R catergory?

Yes, definitely.

welp, i’ll be re sending that R catergory email then.

it’s the same as another one of my entries for the regular classes, so should i rename the save file to R, or keep the save file the same as the one i sent for the other catergory?

Renaming the savefiles doesn’t work, the name of the car needs to be changed and then re-exported.

that’s what i mean, i’ll resend it all ASAP

Kehem… reejected because of spam kehem , i send only one email kehem…