Official Car Design Competition (UE4 Open Beta)

Must admit I’m kinda curious to see what solutions other people came up with for some of the catagories.

I’m guessing you guys are going to need at least a couple of weeks to get through that volume of entries?

Yes, I think starting next week there will be one video each day going through the two rounds of judging category by category. First Round 1, then the finals, then the overall winner.

4 Likes

so. are we gonna start seeing people posting what they sent now? :stuck_out_tongue:

You can see mine here: Olympus Motor Group
I submitted to B, G, H, and Y. B and Y are currently in the thread. I may add G and H, with some lore backstory.

i was expecting people avoiding 90’s Fun/Hatchback category because the lack of appropriate year body shell. i wonder if they stick to hatchback body or create their own version of fun car

lol! This noob is guilty as charged.

At least I found out I can’t post pics! =)

My only submission was in Category C. I wonder why it’s proving to be so popular… among those who entered. I chose C because I felt it would be the easiest for me to attempt.

Don’t know about you but everytime I build a RWD car above 4m long with just a little bit of power, no matter what it is, it ends up scoring nice in the Muscle category.

Probably related :3

1 Like

what do you mean you can’t?

1 Like

+1 here. Because I want to publish the my ad to the Montes post…

Weirdly Cat C was one of the harder ones for me, not a musclecar guy so kinda went against my instincts.

Ended up going with a smaller body than I suspect most others will use, styling was a bit simplistic for the catagory though.

Went in With C, E, and R.

my E and R cars were, ostensibly, the same vehicular.

I put in a car for E only. I figured, I’m locked in with the whole 80’s design theme, so making a sedan isn’t that tough. That said, seeing that there’s that much competition, I don’t have high hopes.

I went C+R, E & F. And my F entry was an older version of my CSR62. Recycling FTW!

And here’s my crappy advert.

And I’ve just seen it isn’t the right fekkin’ size!! :angry:

1 Like

I designed for all the categories, but I wasn’t pleased with most of them. My Category C car was boring, so I scrapped it and tried something different; but that was ugly and undriveable, so I scrapped that. The only one I was truly proud of was my category Y.

We are progressing well in our prejudging phase. So far we have recorded 8h 40min of Round 1 judging footage and we are through about half of the submissions now. Pretty harsh but consistent judging going on, as illustrated by the current score distribution:

Yesterday I recorded the Category R judging with Mr. Regular and it was a lot of fun, some really good analysis, and I’m sure you’ll enjoy it… well… most of you. :stuck_out_tongue:

In the coming days we’ll record more of the prejudging phase until Round 1 is all completed and we’re ready to move to recording the finals, probably next weekend.

Cheers!

16 Likes

welp, I only got a cat c and r submission using the same car just due to time constraints with my classes. Hopefully they did ok. I did what I know best, time to learn how well I actually know it.

1 Like

well, might as well show you what i subjected Mr. Regualr too…

S O

FRIKKEN

M A L A I S E

3 Likes

Whelp, here’s my ad aswell then

16 Likes

Beautiful bell curve going on there; the engineer / mathematician in me is smiling ear to ear. I do note a slight positive skew, though. A few of the entries must have really outshone the others :hushed:

Ditto. Only managed to complete one car to a standard I felt was worthy of submitting. It was for the E category.

3 Likes