[OLD THREAD] Guardian Auto Group. [1973 Edriv Cyka Idi]

The Guardian Auto Group (GAG) is the hive/mother company for 5 companies and 2 sub-brands. these companies are:

Main Companies (As of Geneva 2016)
-Needle Production Cars (NPC) [From Australia]

-Stone Bank Experimental (SBE) [From England] {SBE Will be shut down by late 2016}

-Facciamo Cars (FC) [From Italy]

-BigFoot Off-Road (BFOR) [From USA] {BFOR Are no Longer a GAG Company}

-Denki Hogo-sha [電気保護者] (DHS) [From Japan]

-Fox Manor Automotive (FMA) [From Canada]

-Edriv Auto Cars (EAC) [From Russia]

-Terin Automobiles (TA) [From USA]

Sub-Brands (As of 2015)
-Imperator Automotive (IAM) [NPC Sub-Brand for South America and Southern Africa]

-Quantum [DHS Sub-brand for S.E. Asia and India]

GAG was formed in 1989 in a joint grouping of Denki Hogo-sha and Needle Production Cars. This was formed to keep DHS from going under, due to a lack of sales outside of Japan. NPC had the option of buying DHS outright, but decided to only buy half the company, and form an auto group, known as the Guardian Auto Group. in 1996, GAG purchased Facciamo Cars from its owner due to a large lack of funds. They began to convert Facciamo from an everyday car manufacturer into a luxury car brand. Then in 2001, GAG purchased the then flourishing BigFoot Off-Road (BFOR.) In 2007, GAG founded Stone Bank Experimental (SBE) to create some crazy super and hyper cars. in 2008, GAG created two Sub-Brands to enter four different markets, IAM and Quantum. They would be re-branded and stripped down models of their father companies.

There were two companies that GAG had purchased, but had failed, they were Nitro Car Company (NCC) and Midnight Cars (MNC.) NCC was purchased in 1991, but faltered that same year. MNC was purchased in 1998, and had an average three year run, collapsing in 2002, due to lack of sales and disinterest from the public.

Cars to come soon (I won’t abandon this thread like my others.)

Current (named) Staff:

James Nedle - CEO of Guardian Auto Group

Hiryo Deguchi - Asian Market COO

Amelina Facciamo - European Market COO

[Un-named] - American Market COO

Needle Production Cars: A Brief History.

Needle Production Cars, or NPC are a company from Australia, founded in 1977 by Gary Nedle. Gary’s wife at the time, Anna, was not amused with the prospect of her husband starting a car company out of a local aircraft hangar, but she did need a new car. Anna was an artist from Belgium, and began drawing up designs for the logo. Gary told her that it needed to represent Australia and Belgium. Some of her drafts were sub-par, but one stood out to Gary. That was a Kangaroo in the colours of the Belgium flag. Anna did change the design slightly, so that is was a circle, with an Australian flag on one side, Belgian flag on the other, and a kangaroo on top. This logo was painted on the side of the Hangar, and then Gary got to work three days later.

At the time, the company was known as Nedle Cars, but people couldn’t get around saying it, and it also sounded pretty horrid in an Australian accent. He kept the name until his untimely death in 1985, at the age of 52. His son, James, took over the company, and being only 22, he decided to change the name of the company to a nickname he was given in high school, and the company became Needle Production Cars in 1987. The Company had increased in size by around 800-900% since its inception in 1977, and the company was making 300-400 cars a month. Later that same year, at the Tokyo Auto Show, James Nedle met with Hiryo Deguchi, the COO of Denki Hogo-Sha, and they had a conversation about the lack of Funds in Denki Hogo-Sha’s (Known Then as Hogo-Sha Auto) wallet. This led to James saying that he’d be up for loaning them some money. The Year after, Hiryo Approached James about buying Hogo-Sha Auto. James proposed a joint venture between the companies, and the year later, 1989, Guardian Auto Group was formed, with James being CEO, and Hiryo becoming the Asia Market COO.

1955 Facciamo Staccacio Targa.

Let’s Jump back to 1954, and the then head of Facciamo Cars, Mario Facciamo, wanted to race. He had a chassis, and some parts, so he began building.

In Febuary 1955, at a local race meet, Mario debut his new racecar, then known as the Facciamo Aprire GT. He won his division after a solid 3hrs of racing. a month later, and one of his race engineers, Federicci Staccacio, had passed away due to an unknown reason. (He was a heavy smoker.) Mario decided to name this car after his good friend. He created a special version to race at the Targa Florio race that year, and then built another one as his then girlfriend decided she wanted to race with her brother. The car didn’t do to well, his girlfriend’s brother crashed his one during practice, and the main car was crashed half way through the proper event. Two keen spotters of old records saw another car, that had finished in 19th, that was labeled as number 745. this was another car, built by the factory, and raced by a couple of the factory workers, but Mario didn’t even know it existed.

The Car was powered by a 3.0L V8, but had an issue of its internals exploding if it reached too high of an RPM, so the car was limited to a 4400rpm redline, meaning only 164hp could be made. The car only weigh 833kg, meaning it reached a top speed of 211kph. This may not be the most sporty of cars to race, but it was damn drive-able.

Of the 3 made, one was a Soft-top, One was a Hard-top, and the final factory one was Open-top (No Windscreen)
Soft-top is Currently in the GAG museum in Australia
Hard-top is Currently in the personal collection of James Nedle
Open-top’s whereabouts is unknown

Looks nice :smiley:
I need to create a car like this too (and find a way to make people more about commenting also my work)

SBE Tokyo 3 Teaser…

[size=85](Is my first ever photo edit thing, so don’t be too critical.)[/size]

I can help you with some photo editing advice.
First - up your graphics quality in game just for the sake of the photo shoot. A high resolution picture will give you better results.
Then when you lined up your shot to your chosen background hit “`” key and type “HideBuildings ()” without the quotation marks, use photo function to get the car’s picture. It will remove background and make it easier to cut out the car to quikckly test it against the environment.
Now, when posted it on the background you must take in account the background colours, and match them and the car’s lighting, brightness and contrast. If there was a car on that spot - edit it out, use clone tool if you have to.
After all that - make sure the shadow lines up with the car and is good. In your picture - there isn’t one. And think about photoshopping in some wheels, those work wonders and make car look better. I hope that helped.

[size=150]2014 DHS SK-490 JR[/size]

The 2014 DHS SK-490 JR is the first Track Toy made by DHS, and is the 2nd ever DHS model to not be sold in Japan, and the 1st to be built with out a production line in Japan. The SK-490 JR is a joint effort by DHS and SBE to create a cheap and reliable track toy. This machine is cheaper than its rivals, the Lotus Elise, KTM X-bow, Ariel Atom, and the like, at only $39,000. Propelled by a 1.6L Twin Turbo V6, known as the KX20, it is an ample tuning base.

The SK-490 is sold as a basis for tuning and working, with one example running in the 2015 Le Mans 24hr event. All vehicles must be purchased from the Mullenbach Factory, near the Nürburgring Nordschleife. Many vehicles are then carted off to other tuning houses for their proper tune. Around 600 Vehicles were produced each year from 2014-2016, when the SK-490 finally ended production on December 24th 2016, after production began on December 27th 2013.

Official Tuning Kits to be Announced at a Later Date.

To any who wish to make a Tuning Kit, Please PM me.

But what are the factory specs for it?

Whaddaya mean, Squidhead?

For the turbo I mean. How much boost, and how big a turbo?

Note before I tell you the stats, that it’s horridly untuned and badly optimized.

53.8 Compressor

52.7 Turbine

0.98 AR Ratio

20.73 PSI Boost.

All on a 1616cc V6.

That’s a very aggressive turbo.

[size=150]1972 Hogo-Sha Autos Atlas[/size]

The '72 Atlas was a new step for Hogo-Sha Autos, creating their first Mid-Engined sport vehicle for general sale. The '72 Atlas came in three models, the Country (Base), Continent (Sport), and Galaxy (Luxury). The Continent and Galaxy are very similar, however, the Continent is more stripped, while the Galaxy has much more to it.

Atlas Country:

The Atlas Country is the most simple model, made to be sold in Europe, Japan, Australia, and New Zealand. With six factories, One on the outskirts of London, England, One near Mullenbach, Germany, One in Tokyo, Japan, One in Osaka, Japan, One in Adelaide, Australia, and One in Hamilton, New Zealand. The Country Model had around 8 vehicles built per day per factory, and lasted in production from October 17th 1972 until September 23rd 1975

The Country uses its own specific and personally made Inline four engine, 1.4L in size, making 86hp. It weighs around 945kg when empty and has a fuel economy of 7.52km/L.

Atlas Continent:

The Atlas Continent is the Sport Vehicle of the line up, being sold only in mainland europe and china in a very limited production run. All vehicles were hand built in the Osaka factory. Only 100 Examples of the Continent were built, with it’s production going for 100 days, starting on October 22nd 1972.

The Continent’s 3L V6, which it shares with the Galaxy Variant, produces 180hp. The vehicle has a fuel economy of 6.15km/L.

Atlas Galaxy:

The Galaxy Variant is the Luxury vehicle of the line-up. It is sold only in Japan, with only 83 made. The entire car is hand crafted, and made in the same factory as the Continet. unlike the other variants, it takes around 3 days to build one, and its production run began on October 24th 1972.

The engine is Identical to that of the Continent, but the fuel economy is worse, 5.43km/L. Its weight is 1177kg.

[size=75]NB: I’m too lazy to post stats. Might come back to it later.[/size]

(This tune got pretty crazy. Might do another one that is more in the spirit of the original car)

A small American tuning house by the name of Sellswick Performance were among the tuners to get a hold of the DHS SK-490 JR. Once the car arrived at the shop, the team at Sellswick got to work. Through some rather extensive modification of the base SK-490 JR, the Sellswick SK-490 “Track Attack” was born. (Skip to end of the post if you aren’t interested in the changes made)

Among the first, and most drastic, changes that Sellswick made to the car was stripping it of its fixtures, removing the aluminium panels from the chassis, and replacing them with a lighter, more cost-effective fiber glass shell. The aluminum was scrapped and sold, with the funds from the sale going towards the rest of the project. Also, the double wishbones on all four wheels were converted into a pushrod configuration. Most of the SK-490’s original fixtures were re-fitted after the fiber glass shell had been created; although, on the new shell the front grill was shifted upwards to accommodate a splitter on the front of the car and a hood scoop accompanied by 2 extra pairs of vents were added to adequately cool the new powerplant Sellswick planned on swapping into the car. Sellswick’s “Track Attack” also featured a rear wing.

As for the previously mentioned powerplant, a Sellswick 3.3 liter PF8V was selected to be mounted in the car transversely. The PF8V is a high-strung, performance oriented flatplane V8 featuring an AlSi block and head, 5 valves per cylinder in a DOHC configuration, a billet steel crank, titanium conrods, lightweight forged pistons, a twin throttle direct injection fuel system with perfomance intakes, and a long tubular exhaust system coupled with high flow catalytic converters and a single straight through muffler on both of its exhaust pipes. This exceptional engine produces 450 horsepower at 8.8k RPM, with a lovely exhaust note to boot.

As for the rest of the car, Sellswick stripped the SK-490 JR of many of its base options, including an electric LSD, a multitude of driver assists, an active suspension system, and carbon ceramic brakes. Many of these options met the same fate as the aluminum panels, sold to help cover the cost of the tune. A simpler safety package was chosen to save weight, and a lower end interior was installed so that parts of the original interior could be repurposed for later projects or sold. Also, the car’s infotainment system was removed, again, to save weight and earn the tuning house some cash. While the standard 6 speed sequential gearbox was kept and the vehicle remained rear wheel drive, Sellswick swapped in a geared LSD in place of the electric LSD they had scrapped. The SK-490’s 265mms of rubber on all four wheels were exchanged for sport compound 255mms up front and 285mms in the rear with 18" rims (At least I believe, for some reason when I loaded this car back up it changed the tires and I couldn’t go any higher than 265s.). As the original carbon ceramics were prone to locking up the wheels now that ABS had been removed, vented disk brakes with aggressive pads were equipped to all four wheels. The original downforce undertray was tweaked to provide the car with much more grip at higher speeds. Finally, standard springs with gas mono-tube dampers were selected for use with the pushrod suspension system, and the suspension settings received some slight tweaking.

The result was a simple, street-legal track day weapon capable of lapping the Automation Airfield Track in under 1:15.0.

Perfect

That’s actually the fastest car around the Airfield track that I’ve worked on, oddly enough. Never really tried too hard to grab fast lap times, and I’ve been busy building a lot of older cars, or just plain stupid stuff recently. The factory suspension settings actually worked pretty well. I think all I did was increase camber a bit and stiffen the springs a little. You could probably squeeze more out of it with some fine tuning (and you definitely could squeeze more out of it by throwing the electric LSD and active suspension back in, but I had to be a hipster :sunglasses: ). I also feel kind of stupid for putting a standard interior in and not a basic one…but oh well. Still quite happy with the way it turned out, and the Automation gremlins are starting to wreak havoc on it so I don’t feel like changing it XD.

The engine was originally 500 horsepower, but I decided to ditch the race exhaust to save a little bit of cost and weight and it actually ended up in the sweet spot for horsepower with its current set up. It’s faster with the 450 engine than it is with the 500. Although I’m sure with some more tweaking you could fix that, but hey. I was satisfied.

EDIT: Automation really doesn’t like this car. It was randomly reverted back to double wishbone, mid-longitudinal, aluminum panels, and it screwed with the suspension and gearbox settings and some other stuff.

Facciamo Cars: A Brief History

Founded in 1952 by Mario Facciamo, Facciamo Cars were a somewhat small Sports car Manufacturer out of Bari, Italy. Originally a race team, who sometimes made their own cars (Such as the Staccacio) until 1967, when they made their first production car, the Facciamo MC.205.

Facciamo Cars Continually fluctuated over the years, with varying profits and losses, even heading back into motorsport in the early 80’s for a few seasons, before dropping from motorsports. In 1982, the Facciamo Staccacio 30th Anniversary Concept was shown at the Geneva Motor Show, in honour of the 30th anniversary of the Facciamo Cars Brand. The Staccacio 30th was never put into production, but it did show a new way forward for the company.

In 1982, Mario Facciamo Passed away at the age of 79. The Staccacio 30th was the last car he oversaw construction of before his death. His granddaughter, Amelina, took over the company later that year.

In 1992, they showed the Staccacio 40th Anniversary to the public at the Geneva Motor Show, after not arriving at Geneva since 1987. In a last ditch effort to make some money in 1995, they created the MC.205 Mk II. It was terrible, and Facciamo Cars filed for bankruptcy later that year.

In 1996, Facciamo Cars were saved by the flourishing Guardian Auto Group, and Amelina was made the COO of the European Market.

Facciamo Cars was extended in focus from not only mid-engine sports and super cars, to luxury tourers and GTs.

Stonebank Experimental: A Brief History

Stonebank Experimental, founded in 2007 by the Guardian Auto Group, was a way for GAG to sell their experimental vehicles, and have a stable base to release more over-the-top vehicles. When SBE was founded, a man named Mitchel Kariel was placed in charge, as he was the former Guardian Developmental Division (GDD) Chief of Design. (CoD) He resigned in 2012, letting Olivor Teranzi take over as CEO and COO of SBE.

SBE’s first vehicle was a limited, 3 run vehicle, known as the Lycia. Each car cost $1,000,00.

SBE has never made any money from any built vehicle, instead being sustained by the combined force of GAG to keep it afloat. There are speculations that SBE may be closed at any time, due to their far too open mindness to lack of return.

[size=150]Company Logos:[/size]

StoneBank Experimental:

Denki Hogo-Sha:

Needle Production Cars:

Facciamo Cars:

BigFoot OffRoad

Sorry for the f*cked sizing. I ripped most of these from the internet.

[size=150]1965 Galt Communista Facciamo GT Edition.[/size]

In 1964, Facciamo Cars were interested in the somewhat “crappy” Communista From upstart company, Galt. They saw the machine as a ample tuning base. When the Five Communista Cars they ordered Arrived, they were disappointed at its base engine. So the body, engine, and drive-line were removed, leaving only the Chassis and Suspension. In place of the standard 4 cylinder engine, Facciamo put their own 4.0L V8 that produced 309hp.

Initial testing with a rough body showed that most of the suspension system had to be reworked, so that’s what they did. When they made a new body for the car, it was re-made in a similar shape to the Communista, but Facciamo’s own spin was put on it. everything was custom but the door handles.

They finished off the interior with a large heaping of leather and some super luxury entertainment. However, they only put two seats in the Facciamo GT edition, as this was made with track presence in mind. The car had a top speed of 232.5km/h and was able to make 4.84km/L. The Race Quad Carbs meant excellent air intake and such. The first five made sold instantly, and the response from the five owners pushed Facciamo to make more.

Instead of it being a full production car, Facciamo decided to make it an overhaul package. Tunes were done from 1966 until 1968, with each overhaul taking about 3 months.

Facciamo knew that the KHT tune was better, but Facciamo wanted to see what they could do, and a V8 Communista was what they ended up with.