Olsson Personvagnar AB, the rework

Bonjour.

It’s been a long time I wanted to remake my company thread because the last one ( ( s u c k s ) ).

I made a shitload of cars I only shared on discord because I was too lazy busy to make a correct thread on the forum.

BUT NOW, IT’S TIME, FOR SCANDINAVIAAAAAAAAA!!

Olsson Personvagnar AB
______________________________________________________________ Olsson have been founded in 1929 in Sweden. It was initialy a millitary vehicle manufacturer (mostly aircraft, tank and trucks).

Their 1st production was a 30.3 L Gasoline V12, called the Orkan it was used in Tanks and aircrafts during WW2.

In 1935 they also made a car prototype with the Orkan engine , called the “Olsson Orkan racecar prototype”

In 1975, Olsson developped their 1st turbo engine. Since this date, they put a lot of effort developping Turbo technologies.
The company is focused on safety and handling, that’s why they are using AWD since the 80s.

Also in 1975, they decided to adopt a naming system with numbers as german companies do.

In 4 numbers: the serie, the engine displacement, and the body type.

1XXX: B-Segment
2XXX: C-Segment
3XXX: Coupé/Sports
4XXX: E/F Segment
5XXX: Crossover
6XXX: SUV

Here are some random Olssons:

26 Likes

This thread reminds me of SAAB - except that instead of withering on the vine up until its final collapse, Olsson continued to flourish right up to the present day. I can’t wait to see what you have in store for us!

2 Likes

I can’t say my principal inspiration isn’t Saab haha, but I take inspiration from Volvo and Scania too (because I made a semi truck :eyes:)

Can’t complain about have being beaten by an Olsson last CSR. They look goood. HMU if you’re ever in need of some design tuning, even through I’d have a hard time making these look better!

3 Likes

I think that’s because they weren’t bought out and ruined by a large American corporation that only cared about the money anyways :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

OK I’ve planned to share some cars as this one, but the new update has too much potential not to remake my cars :eyes:

I’ll probably take a lot of time before posting another one because 3D fixtures are way too cool not to use it!

4 Likes