(One off challenge) To EV or not to EV?, that is the question

I’m drunk right now and I suck at explaining things

Edit: this is good wine ,I recommend

1 Like

I will have a quick look at how much service is impacted by turbo.

What about a free +2 techpool for turbos on top of whatever falls into the price limits or would that skew it too much

I think a +2 mandatory everywhere is an ok balance and simple, other solutions would be complex.

Having said that, SVC is already one star and lumped with price.

The thing with a bonus or penalty on stats for Turbo is that you can offset the SVC in many ways so it becomes tricky. In this challenge tho, you can use a tiny turbo to get awesome mpg with good torque and hp, which is a 3-star+1-star Perf vs a 1-star SVC, so I think this right there is a meaningful choice without any need to fudge it.

Even the min +2 might be a bit irrelevant and is a 0.7M TP hit on someone choosing NA, but I might be biased because I have currently a NA engine, so take this with a grain of salt :wink: As I said, not against it at all, a minimum value in all TP is a common and sensible thing.

Yeah I’m going to stick as is, so minimum +2 on everything. N/A has cheaper service costs but 2 less techpool costs, and turbo people get a tiny bit more money to spend on techpool

3 Likes

I… guess the submissions are now open?

1 Like

Yeah sorry, I’ll change the title

1 Like

are techpool 2+ minimum apply now?

Yeah

I wound is 100 hp bad idea?

I wound is 100 hp bad idea?

HP figures are provided in KW in the “EV” inspirations list

Uanoi Damilia Eco

2015 Régal Lutin

Exotic and Elegant

Born from a partnership with Illiad, a south Asian car manufacturer, Régal is proud to unveil the Lutin (Imp) - the brand new small MPV from the brand. With small compact cars disappearing from the market and letting SUVs take all the glory, it was time for Régal to do something about it.

Based on Illiad’s small MPV chassis, Régal brought all aluminium panels with rear five-link suspension on a lightweight champion. At only 922kg and with a length of 3.40m, this tiny car can comfortably sit 4 person inside and it also means business!

With state of the art ultra-basic interior and amenities, a South Asian chassis, incredibly pleasing squarish lines and advanced suspension and steering, this baby feels so diverse that it could be hired anywhere since it probably only will be used for taxis.

Performance At Your Fingertip

With such an elegant shape, it is also not shy about power! With a ground breaking 100hp from a EcoPower-4 1.5L four cylinder naturally aspirated VVTL engine, the sporty CVT gearbox means business - you’ll get to 100km/h from standstill in about 8 seconds. A blistering top speed of 225kmh only confirms that squares are aerodynamic! All this power hides a simple design with no differential, tiny alloy wheels, drum rear brakes, but with a modern suspension system with ESC and variable power electric steering, semi-active damper and progressive springs.

Just Posh Enough

At 19k, it brings luxury to any city dwellers that are used to small impractical cars. This sits 4 people and can fit a few suitcases piled in the tiny back, what more could you ask for? Truly the most innovative car from Régal from the past few year, and we have not even talked about service and fuel economy because 78 uk mpg is the dream, and the dealership will probably have to pay you to be able even be able to look at your car.

Welcome to 2015! Bring the Régal Lutin with you (please).

10 Likes

From your friends at Van Zandt, the 2016 Avant!

From any angle, the Avant is simple a step ahead. You’ll be inspired by the energy and the savings of the most eco-friendly sedan for the price. Cut to the front of the crowd - the Avant is ready for fun! Why compromise? It’s all about you! (and the environment)

7 Likes

Hi guys :raising_hand_man:

Here’s my entry:

Note: forgot to add wipers prior to taking the pictures, they're there on the finished car though.

I hope y’all like it :v:

7 Likes

A sporty (?) supermini/B-segment hatch with a “diesel” (?) and a CVT. It’s so odd I love it :smiley:

1 Like

2015 Mara Zora 1.2 KE

The fourth generation of the Mara Zora city car debuted in 2015 and abandoned the predecessor’s egg-styling for a more regular hatchback/wagon hybrid form.

The Mk4 Zora also grew in length by over 30cm to just under 4 metres, to follow the Xenia’s move upmarket, to keep up with the general growth of cars and also to comply with new minimum safety and seat size regulations to still count as full seats. The engine was an all-new 1.2 litre modern inline-3.

The Komfort Extra version differed from the base model in an uprated interior with phone connectivity, and improved steering and transmission options.

2 Likes

That interior looks exactly like one I would expect in a car like this :slight_smile: Simple, practical, up to date, but not modern for the sake of it.

2 Likes

2015 Axxus Sorrolla Eco

2 Likes

About a week left on this challenge now

3 Likes

1 Like