Option lists?

If you build a car in tycoon mode, with many interior features like (I don’t know if these are accurate) a full entertainment center with television, heated seats, electric everything, but it costs a lot of money, will the customer be forced to buy the car like that? Or will they be able to see an options list and choose from the options you picked in the first place?

It seems to me that some people don’t need all the options, and just want the car at a cheaper price. Will this be reflected in the tycoon mode? Don’t know if this has been asked before, but I couldn’t find anything.

[quote=“Kretus”]If you build a car in tycoon mode, with many interior features like (I don’t know if these are accurate) a full entertainment center with television, heated seats, electric everything, but it costs a lot of money, will the customer be forced to buy the car like that? Or will they be able to see an options list and choose from the options you picked in the first place?

It seems to me that some people don’t need all the options, and just want the car at a cheaper price. Will this be reflected in the tycoon mode? Don’t know if this has been asked before, but I couldn’t find anything.[/quote]

There will be some options yes and I believe they will be out in this next update but at this state it’s only a few option as in:

You can chose the quality of the interior - basic, Standard, luxury & hand crafted

Then options for entertainment such as CD player or surround sound (I think don’t hold me to it)

Safety options so ABS, How many airbags, Seat belts, Traction Control etc.

I believe the Dev will help you out more but this is what I have seen in the latest update video on utube :smiley:

[quote=“Camshaft91”]

[quote=“Kretus”]If you build a car in tycoon mode, with many interior features like (I don’t know if these are accurate) a full entertainment center with television, heated seats, electric everything, but it costs a lot of money, will the customer be forced to buy the car like that? Or will they be able to see an options list and choose from the options you picked in the first place?

It seems to me that some people don’t need all the options, and just want the car at a cheaper price. Will this be reflected in the tycoon mode? Don’t know if this has been asked before, but I couldn’t find anything.[/quote]

There will be some options yes and I believe they will be out in this next update but at this state it’s only a few option as in:

You can chose the quality of the interior - basic, Standard, luxury & hand crafted

Then options for entertainment such as CD player or surround sound (I think don’t hold me to it)

Safety options so ABS, How many airbags, Seat belts, Traction Control etc.

I believe the Dev will help you out more but this is what I have seen in the latest update video on utube :smiley:[/quote]

I’m aware that you can specify many options when developing a car. My question is rather if the customer will be forced to buy the ‘possible’ options on a model. Maybe it will be possible for someone to buy a car at a cheaper price, with less options? :smiley:

You can just make another model with cheaper interior packages then.

Exactly. like model A having a 1.2 liter engine, with basic safety and interior added.
Model B could be a 1.4 liter with medium safety and interior
Model C could be the 1.8 liter with full-options for safety and interior etc.

Yeah, customer chosen option lists are confusing and messy gameplay wise. Instead you’ll make your own different option level versions of the car to sell :slight_smile:

Same can be said for real life too :wink:

Thanks for the feedback! :smiley: