Oreology's Viettor & Rusa

It was also made for this challenge too

3 Likes
had this car at like 90% built since august lol didnt feel like finishing it and got distracted by other challenges (ahem pls build roboracer) anyways i forced myself to finish it since its almost the end of the year haha hopefully yall like it :) but anyways this build was dedicated to my gf just for fun and as personal challenge but also just what my dream super-wagon would potentially be like.
2024 Viettor Vanoira. Designed and engineered in Indonesia.
2024 Viettor Vanoira. Designed and engineered in Indonesia.
21 Likes

I just realized when on a slow internet connection or on mobile, Discourse doesn’t load videos, leaving a blank space where a video should be. :frowning:

I put quite a bit of effort so that my forum posts are responsive and viewable on mobile, but not sure how to solve the videos not loading issue as I think it’s just something that Discourse disables automatically.
(the videos are low-res and optimized already, usually around 15MB but i set a personal limit of 35MB max)

Sorry guys! :frowning: I think the videos add a lot to the posts but… yeah this isn’t gonna stop me from posting videos haha (if i feel motivated)

This car has the concept of a Grand Tourer, which is tailored for sportiness and presentable appearance, but going inside you will find a royal interior, with heavy luxury.

Having a 4G connection, the content stubbornly refuses to load, however, standing at the Wi-Fi source, after a some time everything playing.

However, the specifications are so small that I, with my dry eye syndrome, don’t even try to look at them.

1 Like

It loaded for me on mobile, not instantly but pretty quickly, but that’s on a decently fast wifi.

1 Like

This is, without a doubt, your best work yet - which is an understatement considering the insane amount of detail you have put into it. I’ve heard of using vent fixtures as housings for headlight clusters, but this is on another level - in particular, the front recalls a Daytona SP3 mated with the more elegant nose of the RX-Vision. Moreover, it seems that the door handles blend so well into each other that they may well be a single fixture made to make like two separate fixtures. On top of that, I would like to see other variants of the Vanoira very soon - a 2-door coupe and convertible, or even a 3- and 5-door shooting brake, would be nice.

Also, from the WIP screenshots, you used one of the '05 Villain body sets as a base, most likely one of the larger variants, but is it really built on a 4-door version, or is it instead a 2-door coupe made to resemble a 4-door one? I’m expecting it to be the latter.

1 Like

Thanks everyone!

@Kalan - sorry, at first I wasn’t going to put specifications since I was going for a more “visual” storytelling, so I just put the basics. The car is a hybrid, with an axial eMotor attached to the transaxle dual-clutch transmission at the rear providing 250PS, with a naturally-aspirated 4.5L V10 at the front for 680PS (930PS total). It uses a 8kWh battery split in two 4kWh packs located underneath the rear seats. Although it’s got a carbon fiber body & chassis, it weighs 2,000kg because of all the interior stuff and 200kg of sound-proofing materials. As for wheels & brakes, it’s got carbon-ceramics and magnesium-alloy 22" rims on medium-compound tires. It has a continuously-adjusted air suspension system.

It’s a similar car to Vesselia (my previous GT), except for a 30 PS increase in engine power and newly-developed hybrid system for low-end torque and acceleration.
Vesselia GT

@Hshan - wow did not know you can even view videos on mobile, it’s always failed to load for me lol.

@abg7 - much thanks! Yes the door handle is one fixture lol, and hmm I can’t say much about other versions since it’s quite a lot of work for one car lol but definitely this is the most “updated” Viettor design language so yeah the later cars will kinda look similar-ish.

As for the body, actually it used Xian’s 10s Futuristic Coupe body - I had to build a fully custom 3D greenhouse (to turn it from a coupe to a wagon) using 3D cylinders (the white aluminum part) and body molding fixtures to cover up the roof. The windshield uses the lancer roof mod and the side windows uses 3D semi-circle fixture, with the sunroof just a flat 3D rectangle.

3 Likes

I already know what is the video (the infotainment open and closing)
But how did you do that? Some modding?

To make movable stuff you kinda just take a lot of photos, you take 1 photo, then move the fixtures slightly, then take another photo, etc. Then you turn all the photos into a GIF. :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

Why are you always changing the first message in this thread to your latest post lmao

2 Likes

I’m guessing Oreo uses it to test posts before he puts them out

it’s also a great way to show off what’s new.

2 Likes

Not really if he accidentally chooses the post with 10 users mentioned

2 Likes