Paint types?

I am not making a suggestion or a request here, but I have seen many car pictures that seem to have Matte(ish) paint in Automation, and I am not sure if I’ve missed a dev update or what. Is Matte Paint (or any other paint type) in the game already?

There is a slider next to the colour selection. That is how you get matte paint. (Pull all the way to the bottom, I believe)

Ahhhh. Thank you.

Unreal Engine will bring lots of cool paint settings too, (flake etc.)

Ooohh that’s gonna be good.
I want to make a chrome car :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Diax1324”]

You can already make a chrome car. The same slider that makes matte paint makes chrome paint on the other end.

.SHINE
…|…
…|…
NOSHINE

Any chance at carbon fibre or brushed/polished aluminium, depending on the panel type?

[quote=“thecarlover”]

Any chance at carbon fibre or brushed/polished aluminium, depending on the panel type?[/quote]

In Unreal, yes!

[quote=“Killrob”]

Any chance at carbon fibre or brushed/polished aluminium, depending on the panel type?
In Unreal, yes![/quote]

Sweet! I’d love to make a pure carbon fibre hypercar… paint is extra weight after all :laughing:

is there potential for different color panels?

As in: more than one color per car body? No, that is not planned.

[quote=“Killrob”]

As in: more than one color per car body? No, that is not planned.[/quote]

How about some simple decals with their own colour option (or a handful to choose from), such as power stripes?

[quote=“thecarlover”]

As in: more than one color per car body? No, that is not planned.
How about some simple decals with their own colour option (or a handful to choose from), such as power stripes?[/quote]

Not planned either :wink: it’s not easily done on the basis of the tech we have in the game. If we ever have too much time and don’t know what to do with it, that would be something to investigate.

with that i meant - say brushed aluminum sides or even exposed CF etc.

like Audi R8 sides or how Veyrons design is done

and slight thing to add - paint depth?