Pay It Forward Design Challenge [Registration Thread]

[size=150]IT’S BAAACK![/size]

So for those of you unfamiliar with this challenge, I came up with the idea a couple months ago when I was having conversations with Strop and np1993 about the “Cars You Don’t Brag About” thread. I ended up issuing a challenge to Strop with a whole bunch of restrictions, to see if he could design a car given the constraints and a goal. And of course he did, because he’s nuts like that. :smiley:

Then I began to wonder what would happen if we made it into sort of a chain challenge. Whoever completes the last leg of the challenge comes up with a set of restrictions and a goal for the next person on the list, and so on and so forth. Something that is out of the norm for what that person normally builds, or something you think might trip them up.

Whoever receives the challenge has 3 days to complete it and post their results (including LUA files) in the thread. There are no winners/losers in this challenge as it is not officially graded. Of course, “feedback” from the community is always encouraged when a challenge is issued/completed. :smiley:

However, if the community agrees that an entry is hilariously terrible (not necessarily through the fault of the builder), it must be posted in np1993’s “Cars You Don’t Brag About” thread.

So what I’d like to see is if we have some brave volunteers/victims who would be willing to submit themselves to this challenge.

***NOTE: CHALLENGERS ARE EXPECTED TO ISSUE SCENARIOS THAT ARE INTERESTING AND FUN, BUT REASONABLY POSSIBLE. IF NO ONE CAN BEAT YOUR SCENARIO, YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE A LUA FILE AS PROOF OF POSSIBILITY. ***

Those of you who have played this before know what to expect. Those who are new, refer to the old Pay it Forward thread for some examples.

We’ll have a sign-up phase for a bit, then I’ll randomize the play order. Whoever ends up LAST on this list will ISSUE the first challenge to the player at the TOP of the list. Then that player completes it, issues a new one to the next person on the list, and so on and so forth. When a challenge is issued, the player issuing the challenge posts the challenge in the main thread, then sends a PM to the person being challenged, notifying them that it is ready. ALL players are allowed/encouraged to play the challenges if they’re not the one challenged, however we ask that you do NOT post any results or LUAs until either the challenged player posts theirs, gives up, or times out of the challenge.

[size=120]Initial signups are done, but you may continue to sign up in this thread. Post a reply at the end and I will assign you to a group.[/size]

PLEASE BE AWARE, THIS IS A COMMUNITY MOD PACK FRIENDLY CHALLENGE. IF YOU HAVE NOT DOWNLOADED THE COMMUNITY MOD PACK, PLEASE DO SO. PLEASE REFRAIN FROM USING MODS THAT ARE NOT CONTAINED WITHIN THE COMMUNITY MOD PACK

So, without further ado - who wants to play? Ya lovable nutjobs! :laughing:

PLAY ORDER IS NOT RANDOMIZED IN THIS THREAD. SEE YOUR INDIVIDUAL GROUP THREAD FOR PLAY ORDER.

[size=120]Red Group:[/size]

SlimJim
NiuYorqCiti
Sayonara
F17Francesco
UMGaming
Manche
ayomide

[size=120]Yellow Group:[/size]
VicVictory
strop
Packbat
EnryGT5
Urbanliner
chipskate

[size=120]Green Group:[/size]
Leo9613
titleguy1
TheTom
rileybanks
np1993
Harizvet1

[size=120]Unassigned:[/size]

Yes please!

[size=70]As I mentioned before… this and the Car Tycoon Challenge (Der Bayer) are my favorite community games.[/size]

Count me in!

I am in!

However, if you get too many entries (at least the same amount as last time) I would suggest you doing a “group” format. Split the participants in two groups and let each group run the challenges separately. So there are two challenges going on at the same time, making it more interesting and quicker overall.

Leo’s idea sounds good. Otherwise the participants at the end can wait more than a month and forget :laughing:

Also of course I’m back for more.

/in

Maybe the challenger could send a PM to the challengee to notify them of their turn, as a courtesy; I’m sure the busier folks on the forum would definitely appreciate it.

That’s actually in the rules if you read, Sayonara. :smiley:

I actually read the rules three times (and managed to miss it three times).

I’ll join.

I’m in again! :smiley:

I’m in!

Yup… looks like this might be big enough to split into 2 groups. Or 3 if a bunch more people show up.

…eh, why not. I’m pretty new to the game, but I’ll give it my best shot.

I’m in.

I’m back! :smiley:

I’m in!

Im in

decided to give this a try =D

Entering.

i’am in

10 more days to sign up. I will be taking the suggestion from Leo and strop, and splitting the challenge into at least 2 groups. We’re pretty close to the threshold for splitting into three groups.