PDC 8 - In For The Long Haul (Truck Finals Now Out)

MEN MEGACRAP and MEN SUPERBVAN

For the small price of $4,500,000 (yes, you read that right) you have access to the two greatest utility vehicles ever made. Made specifically for fitting into the specific client’s needs, who apparently don’t care about things like safety or having a price cap.

Because, here at MEN, we cater to any and all client needs, even the seemingly ridiculous and not thought through very well.

14 Likes

When I said no price cap because Automation was unrealistic in its stats for HGV/Commercial vehicle price… I wasn’t expecting that :joy::joy:

3 more days for entries. We need more than 2 :joy:

1999 Franklin Marshall CarGo and InterContinental. You’ll get change from $49,000…which we think is a little cheaper than some of the competition!

1996 CIVILIAN - Yama Mori - Utility Vehicle

The Yama Mori was an utility truck developed by Suisei to fulfill a military contact during the period where the JSDF started refitting their military vehicles, such vehicles as the Yama Sharyō, Toyota Megacuriser and the Type 90. With this at hand, Suisei converted the Yama Mori for the civilian market, stripping it off its military modification such as bullet prove glass and replacing the stripped interior with standard creature comforts.

The vehicle saw succeful gains over Asia as a multipurpose trucks been used in both civlian and military forms. This is partially due to its 10 ton capacity and 2.3 ton towing capabilities by two options, a 8.1L Turbo engine and a diesel variant. The truck saw production as late as 2005 with a minor face lift in 2000. It was later succeded by a newer model.

- Vintage 90s Video Recording of a Yama Mori driving down a Habour -

Picture

13 Likes

1995   生活   STARCARRY   AND   MEGACARRY

A collaboration between @That-S-cop and me. 1995 MegaCarry 80 Type N (left) and 1995 StarCarry 80 Type N (right).

History

The StarCarry is Seikatsu's series of utility vans, which finds wide use in the private and public sectors. Variants in different bodystyles are available, from a standard panel van to a minibus, and in more recent years, even trucks.

A new generation was released in 1985 featuring a more aerodynamic body and a shift towards semi-unibody construction, with the passenger compartment being semi-unibody but the cargo area a more conventional fully-boxed ladder frame. In 1994, a new facelift was received, utilizing more contemporary composite headlights, an updated lower fascia, and a refreshed interior.

In the late 80s, Seikatsu wished to create a flatbed pickup derivative of its StarCarry van to serve a wider variety of customers, specifically those in construction and transportation. Design and construction of the new flatbed was outsourced to Comet-Bar Industries, who still handles flatbed conversion of StarCarry vans to this day. The truck version is often referred to as the "MegaCarry."

Powered by a full-iron 2.0L SOHC I4, the StarCarry and MegaCarry are affordable workhorses that never fail to impress. Over 80% of the StarCarry and MegaCarry vans and trucks that have been made are still in use due to widespread parts availability, ease of service, and reliability.

Pics

18 Likes

Kazuki presents...

Kazuki

New for 2004,
From its Jino line of heavy vehicles…

GREAT MASTER!

A powerful and realiable Japanese cabover tractor unit.

15 Likes

ACA Meteora Flatnose and ACA EcoFlow Van

ACA Meteora Flatnose

Developed in 1987 as a medium sized truck, the Meteora was designed to be very modular. With a wide assortment of engine options as well as layouts, the Meteora was even used as the base for many military vehicles as well as the widely known, MEN CRAP. The most popular engine choice for the Meteora was the 8L ACA DynaTorc Diesel, which made 355hp and over 800Nm of torque.

ACA EcoFlow Van

The 4th Gen ACA EcoFlow van was released in 1995, replacing the ageing 3th Gen EcoFlow. The 4th Gen came with a new sleek body, designed to increase fuel economy. The old ACA 440s and 350 V8s that were used in the 3rd Gen would be replaced with new more economical engine choices such as the new ACA DynaTorc V8, specifically designed with fuel injection.

9 Likes

cba formatting stuff

Daesan Power Traggio

It’s a truck, it’s small, it’s ABSOLUTELY AWFUL! The Daesan Power Traggio is Powerfully Tragic™ with its 2.5 NA diesel engine making heck all power, all while handling bumps like a drunken donkey high on testosterone and steroids.

Daesan Power Traggio. Powerfully Tragic!

photos of this thing I put zero effort in so it looks rubbish

9 Likes

The year is 1995, and the Chelaransk Avto Zavod has recently injected some life into the old 5500x Series of trucks: You want a regular chassis truck to customize to your whims? The 5500x series of modular trucks would be right up your alley, as the several versions are tailored to suit needs of different customers

Pictured above is the previous gen 1976 Chelaransk 55002, a tanker truck that can be configured to several pipe and valve variations.

The name 5500 was designed around the VB-608 5500c Inline-6, and the last 1 (or sometimes even 2) numbers indicate the specific variation of the 5500x.

Above is the updated 1995 Chelaransk 55001, the upgrade all-purpose chassis cab modular truck. The rear section can hold up to 2 tons of cargo and easily haul it around with the 150hp inline 6 engine.

Prices start at $15300 US dollars, with a 5 speed manual gearbox and standard AM/FM radio cassette unit.

There is a fleet discount available if you order 15+ trucks, so please consult with an official importer/retailer as soon as possible and recieve a 7% discount upon purchasing 10, and etc.

6 Likes

With less than 24hrs left:

I have received entries from:
@BootlegScarce
@Keikyun
@Executive
@DoctorNarfy
@Falling_Comet
@Jaimz
@Tzuyu_main & @That-S-cop
@SyberRacer
@Dorifto_Dorito
@ZoomZoomer32

Keep the entries coming in!

1 Like

Modularity!

These modules are examples of the modularity of the truck, and can be interchanged or even custom made for certain customers.

(Disclaimer: It’s obviously not one whole vehicle, this modular example was made for display in this challenge but it would work like this in reality.)

7 Likes

2004 Miku xpress

Some things just have to be delivered in style.

Hi-Res-Photo19

Miku needed a successor to their aging Express (van on the right) so they developed a new van. This new van was going to be the next generation of vans for the 2000s. It was going to be far more economical than its predecessor with a 2.0 direct injected inline 4 compared to the much older 2.5 multipoint V8.

It is available in a variety of variants such as:

Heavy Duty spec - more powerful 2.5 inline 4 and toughened suspension designed for heavy duty applications such as heavy loads and towing. Was available on all body types.

Passenger spec - A more comfortable model with more technology and features designed for passengers in mind. Available on the minibus body type.

Light Duty spec (pictured) - Designed for the casual van loads and deliveries around town. Available on all body types.

Miku sold the van in a variety of body types and could even special order vans for specific purposes such as camper vans, cargo vans etc.

5 Likes

Entries are closed!

Well they were 6 hours ago but I’ve just woke up

3 Likes

Let’s Start With Being Harsh Shall We?

Beginning with the trucks
Clearly, the chairman has stepped on some lego, as his face looks like a bag of nails.
Either that or Waitrose didn’t have any Caviar Pasta or whatever the hell they sell there.

@Jaimz - FM InterContinental

Chairman: Now… a truck.
It has the expression of someone who’s walked in on their other half in bed with another man. I do like the red with the yellow pinstriping though.
I’ve been told some interesting things about this though.
This thing… if I even call it that, has Billet Internals. While on my Ferrari, something like that wouldn’t be uncommon, on an 18 Tonner, nah. Same with the steering, it’s like something you’d find on a BMW M5. Unless we hire Martin Brundle as a driver, this’ll just be wasted.

:wastebasket: Binned for questionable engineering choices, a look only a mother could love and low reliability.

@DoctorNarfy - MEN MEGACRAP
Chairman: Now this is a proper truck. Big. Beefy. Phwoar.
It’s everything we want and more! Shame it takes 79 days to build 1, and costs £2,000,000.
It’s MEN, so if we try and haggle, some big blokes with AK47s will turn up and steal my kids.
I know we didn’t set a cap, but that’s taking the piss a bit. Next please.

:wastebasket: Please don’t send henchmen but it’s too expensive

@Falling_Comet - Yama Mori G6
Chairman: Another Beefy Boy I see.
This big boy is a bit too much of a flatbed, we might have to see if we can get it rebodied, but this certainly gives us road presence. It isn’t too bad at all - except fuel economy… but it’s good elsewhere.

:arrow_right: Your carriage awaits (to the final)

@SyberRacer - Kazuki Jino Great Master
I feel sorry for this truck, because some stats are a bit broken… this means it gets the benefit of the doubt at some points.
Chairman: It is very poor on fuel economy, but this is realistically poor as it’s a literal artic wagon.
It also has a striking look, that will definitely stand out. It has some good safety features, like the cab window in the foot well, so you can see the cyclist you are about to run over chuckles.

:arrow_right: Through on BoD from the broken stats, and the fact that trailers aren’t simulated - altering the stats.

@Tzuyu_main & @That-S-cop - Seikatsu Megacarry
Chairman: When we said lorry or truck… we didn’t mean something like a Toyota Hi-Ace…
I suppose as an Urban Artic it could work, but would it be good enough? Well all the stats in the bumf seem to be promising, very frugal, quit handsome, while still utilitarian. I actually quite like it.

:arrow_right: Have a pass through to the finals, good sirs/madams (Seriously, I don’t wanna discriminate. The truck could be female too)

@Executive - Chelaransk 55001
Chairman: It’s like I’m back in the 70s? What is this thing?
I mean I know it’s Eastern Bloc level, and it’s modular, and that’s cool and that, but holy shit, it’s older than my Great Nan! For it’s size, the fuel economy is shocking!
We wanted a unique look, but looking like we’re fresh outta 1972 isn’t what we want! We’re past the corduroy era, we have small mobile phones, we have big TVs!

:wastebasket: I actually quite like it, but it just doesn’t cut it. Too dated, too thirsty for its size.

@Dorifto_Dorito - ACA Meteora Flatbed 44
Chairman: Again, a flatbed, what is it with people wanting our parcels stolen from the trucks!?
A bit too American for my liking, and a bit impractical on the utility front, and a bit heavy on the old reliability.
Not much else to say other than STOP TRYING TO MAKE A GREAT TRAIN ROBBERY WITH OUR TRUCKS thank you.

:wastebasket: Too American, a bit dated and comparatively unreliable.

@Keikyun - Daesan Power Traggio
Chairman: Oh god, no, not another one? Are you for real?
It looks like a bloated Subaru Impreza, and I kinda like it.
Why oh why oh why, though, is it a sodding flatbed?
Not bad on fuel economy, and fairly good stats all round for its size.
You’re through.
:arrow_right: Morphs reset on the rear of the van so I have to use this screenshot. Either way well done.

This means that the finalists for the lorries are:

@Falling_Comet
@SyberRacer
@Keikyun

14 Likes

The Japanese cabover is through!

Yeah, Automation stat calculations don’t really work in my truck’s favour, leading to some being slightly broken. That is the limit of the game after all as it’s not made for such large vehicles.

I would also like to state something about the naming of the truck: Jino is NOT the model the name. It is a sub-brand, just like how Mitsubishi Fuso is a sub-brand of Mitsubishi. The actual model name is Great Master.

4 Likes

I expected as much to come out my dated truck :joy:

3 Likes

Sorry for the wait

This was what I was doing instead of this

Sesh

Anyway. Let’s get into the vans, where I can’t be bothered to take actual pictures cause the morphs keep resetting on the vans you’d see on holiday in Malaysia.

@ZoomZoomer32 - TransCargo Vality
Chairman: Although stat wise… this is good, but in terms of good looks, we have no good looks.

For it’s size it’s quite spacious, and fairly reliable too!
Not all that comfortable compared to some opposition and economy is about average.

:arrow_right: Apart from the questionable styling… it’s not the worst!

@DoctorNarfy - MEN Superbvan LD

Chairman: Let me guess. £2000000 again?
What!? Even more!? Sod that then.
:wastebasket: Same as the other MEN Product - taking the Michael when it comes to price. To be fair, it is actually one of the best looking vans I received.

@Jaimz - FM CarGo
Chairman: An improvement on whatever the hell that other thing was… but it still looks like a child with some crayons designed it… and it doesn’t even have the nice paintjob. I’m also told it broke down coming off the back of the lorry…
:wastebasket: The worst in terms of utility/actually being a good van, and the worst reliability out of the pack.

@Tzuyu_main & @That-S-cop - Seikatsu StarCarry

Chairman: Economical, reliable, comfortable, good looking, what more could you want?
:arrow_right: Good all rounder and worthy of the final.

@Dorifto_Dorito - ACA EcoFlow
Chairman: How the hell does this van manage to have economy 3x less than that of some other entries? 12MPG, compared to an average of around 30MPG… shocking. Shame cause it looks good.
:wastebasket: Seriously… that MPG is awful.

@BootlegScarce - Miku Express
Chairman: You know what… aside from the weird Russian looks… this van is very good, utility and reliability are some of the highest, with fairly average comfort and economy.
:arrow_right: Really good utility (Best in group apart from the MaxMax £2500000 MEN Superbvan)

Finalists for the vans

@BootlegScarce
@ZoomZoomer32

3 finalists, but I want to keep it consistent with the lorries, so they all get longer, more wordy responses and then get ranked.

So yeah, expect the next part in 2 weeks after I’ve finished whatever the hell I’ll be doing

Probably this (I think you know what I mean)

Raving

5 Likes

Good to know we are going Consistent. One for the Lorries and Vans.

2 Likes

I wasn’t raving this time

It’s the van finals!

To remind you, the finalists are:
@BootlegScarce
@ZoomZoomer32

I genuinely don’t think I can go into too much depth/lore on these finalists as there’s genuinely not much to say, so a brief summary should do… right?

3rd Place

@ZoomZoomer32 - TransCargo Vality

The least visually pleasing van of the remaining 3, with the least comfort too. With average reliability and fuel economy of the 3, it wasn’t a stand out entry.

2nd Place

@BootlegScarce - Miku Express
This van scored well with utility, but dropped points on economy, being fairly average otherwise, while total points were the highest, due to its size and utility, it fell short compared to the winner in the other categories.

1st Place

@Tzuyu_main & @That-S-cop - Seikatsu StarCarry
you probably guessed already
All round a good van, only beaten in utility by the Miku (of the remaining vans), and coming out on top for the rest, this van is a very worthy winner, even if the morphs did reset on it, meaning I just used the provided screenshots.

So, well done @Tzuyu_main & @That-S-cop and please bare in mind, that the lorry results are to come next week, because I put it off and put it off until I say “sod it, people are probably wondering what the hell has happened” and actually do it.

Until next week, enjoy this lot of results.

8 Likes