Police Car Challenge (PCC): Gasmea Highway Patrol (SUBS CLOSED, JUDGING IN PROGRESS)

Police cars in all regions are generally front engine

A long time ago I hosted a police car challenge and forgot to exclude mid-engined cars in the rules. It led to a fair amount of salt, namely because mid cars realistically don’t have enough room for cuffing and stuffing bad guys.

1 Like

Update: engine position restricted to front

I completely understand the rule, but to me it feels like similarly structured rules in challenges in general restrict randomness and thinking really outside the box a bit. IMO the rules should say what you should achieve, not how you have to achieve it (as in, what if someone is able to make a rear-engined car work, however unlikely/hard it is?). I think instead something like “front engine heavily encouraged” or “needs at least 2 full seats in the front and +3 or whatever (there was actually a question about rear seats already) in the rear” could be said. This is coming from someone very much new to this whole forum thing though, I’m not really sure why I’m even writing this but maybe something to consider for rulemakers…

3 Likes

SUBMISSIONS ARE OPEN

Last minute change: Rear engine layouts now allowed. mid layouts still banned

2 Likes

2017 Primus Merit 280 PI

Austrias popular sport sedan is indeed a successful car for highway patrols. This export version for the American market has upgraded engine, suspension and chassis.

Not only that this car offers excellent handling and reasonnable power, it is also very comfortable and you look good in it when detaining suspects. What else do you wish?

Ah, yes, A lower price. Well, the car that masters the highway can´t be a false investment, can it?

3 Likes

2017 ARMOR VALENCIA P5A

Lore

As data revealed only car enthusiasts were buying cars anymore, most auto makers decided to halt production of their sedans in favor of crossovers or SUVs. Armor Motors took a calculated risk in the opposite direction for their ninth-generation Valencia.

Billed as “the entry-level car for car enthusiasts”, the new Valencia sedan and wagon reverted back to its rear-drive heritage, sharing suspension and underpinnings with the Armor Hurricane ponycar. Styling was decidedly retro-American, with re-imagined stacked headlights and a blocky silhouette. The sole powertrain available (for civilian purchase) was a reliable 2.2 liter inline 4 mated to either a 7-speed auto trans or a 6-speed manual (as a rebate option). This made it one of the last domestic cars available with a stick.

Options were few but notable; all-wheel-drive, premium interior, alloy wheels, and the aforementioned manual transmission. Option packages really weren’t necessary as there were only 4 options to choose from, but color choices were plentiful (even including interior colors!). A new Valencia sedan could be had for less than $20,000.

BUT… if you were a police precinct and you were trying to crack down on street racers, Armor Motors had a special package for you. Again borrowing from the Hurricane, Armor dropped a 5.0 liter V8 into an AWD automatic Valencia for its P5A Interceptor package. This made it incredibly fast while still being reasonably priced for police departments.

2 Likes

This generation of Valencia is another great example of a build based on one of the '87 Boat body sets for the modern (post-2010) era - restrained on the outside, yet not totally devoid of authority or presence. If the P5A Interceptor were ever to be offered for public consumption, it would be a real sleeper hit capable of devouring unsuspecting sports cars and hot hatches everywhere it went!

2 Likes

Indeed. The Armor is quite the opposite of the Primus, and it will be fun to see which one makes it. EUDM cars always were not really up to American tasks, although they existed (Volvo, BMW, etc).

1 Like

i think the 930 Porsche 911 was a police car for a while

this is a cruiser, not an interceptor, so it has to have at least 4 doors to transport the criminals

1 Like

is there any limit on production units, engineering time etc?

No, the cost keeps that in check

Screenshot 2024-01-23 130146

When Forrest Motors was approached with the contract to create a police car for the Gasmea Highway Patrol in 2017, there was only one clear, yet somewhat unorthodox candidate. The Monarch, Forrest’s flagship luxury sedan, had the long rear doors necessary for loading and unloading prisoners, and would pair perfectly with the older Taipan Police Interceptor. While the car had a somewhat lackluster 0-60 mph time of 6.6 seconds, it proudly boasted a top speed of almost 200 mph, all while sipping fuel at a rate of 23 mpg.

2 Likes

2017 Roswell Stratus V-SPI

Based on the wildly successful Stratus V, the V-SPI shares a decent portion of it’s civilian counterpart’s drivetrain, including the absurd 7.4L V8 cranking out 787 Horsepower and 700 Lb-ft of torque mated to the 8-Speed High-Performance Automatic. The V-SPI, unlike it’s counterpart, comes only in a sedan body style with rear-seat divider, laptop-support center console, and driver-controlled rear doors as standard. Roswell was commissioned by GHP to create a police vehicle capable of Interceptor Speed and Acceleration, but still have enough space to keep the scum of the earth after a high-speed chase. Thus, the V-SPI was born, and through testing, proved to be able to catch the 2017 Roswell Diamondback GT-RS from a stop in 1 minute and 45 seconds (Pictured Above, Diamondback GT-RS in green). A titanium Ram Bar is also offered on the V-SPI, along with the concealed flasher package and trunk organizer. Prices for the V-SPI start at 25,000 dollars.

2 Likes

IT’S BIG

IT’S BOLD

IT’S MADE IN AMERICA

IT’S THE 2016 AITLAN QUNITY

3 Likes

The brand new Lander Shuttle (SA42-2)

Also I was going to dump all the lore but nobody cares about it and its kinda messy

SA32-2 (i3 Spec + tweaked i3 spec) (First Entry)

Summary :
The engine is a 2.4L i3 that puts out a respectable 250hp, Gearing allows the little engine to still be quick enough for a police chase. To hit the 250hp 250lb-ft numbers some efficiency had to be sacrificed resulting in 23Mpg and a WES 8 rating. Further tuning can be done for a police only spec. This spec was made for police use however it would be wasteful to only sell the more powerful engine to fleet buyers, so all trims can be optioned with the engine (designated as -2 at the end of the model number).

Est Price : 31,100 (Tweaked is 30,400)
Wes Rating : 8 (Tweaked gets 12)
Engine : 2.4L i3 (Tweaked is 2.2L)
HP : 244hp (Tweaked gets 197hp)
Torque : 245 LB-FT (Tweaked gets 211 LB-FT)
Transmission : 8 speed dualclutch
Redline : 5700
Launch (0-100km 0-62mph) : 6.8s (Tweaked gets 7.2s)
Repair Cost : 2,216

If there is any other info you need lmk, I could only embed one thing cause Im new to this forum.

SA43-1 (i4 Spec) (Updated Entry)

Est Price : 37,400
Wes Rating : 11
Engine : 2.0L i4
HP : 228.5hp
Torque : 316.1 LB-FT
Transmission : 8 speed dualclutch
Redline : 5600
Launch (0-100km 0-62mph) : 6.4s

1 Like

The 2017 Crown Sleeper 400

Sporting a 4.0L Inline 6 pumping out 400hp connected to a 8 DCT AWD transmission. It can do a 0 - 100 kmph in 4.24s, with a top speed of 328kmph. All while costing $23.5K

2 Likes

This is too large for an I3; even with balancer shafts, it won’t run very smooth at all.

The rules state a WES 11 minimum threshold for all entries…