Pontiac sacrificed in place of 2 lucky souls

Update: the verdict of the boyfriend came in, restraining order on my stepsister for “attempted vehicular assault” and a year in jail.

5 Likes

Is your stepsister in good health now?

My thoughts and prayers are with your sister and a speedy recovery.

1 Like

She’s doing better, still not capable of unassisted movement though, still requires a walker or someone to help

@Darkshine5 thank you.

1 Like

Sorry to pry into this but…

What does that even mean???

@strop

Vehicular assault—Penalty.
(1) A person is guilty of vehicular assault if he or she operates or drives any vehicle:
(a) In a reckless manner and causes substantial bodily harm to another; or
(b) While under the influence of intoxicating liquor or any drug, as defined by RCW 46.61.502, and causes substantial bodily harm to another; or
(c) With disregard for the safety of others and causes substantial bodily harm to another.

In any case, if the boyfriend was driving, why did your sister receive a restraining order?

Just badly written, He does mean that there is a restraining order against her bf, or at least i’m guessing,

Yeah poorly written, the BF legally cannot go near my stepsister, nothing of her own accord, but instead was part of the legal process

1 Like

So she is free (legally)?

Correct. Legally she’s off the hook

1 Like

Sounds like she was totally a passenger who had approximately zero to do with the boyfriend’s catastrophic FUBAR, so it would have been a legal SNAFU if otherwise.

That said a restraining order would be a pain in the ass if they plan to stick together, but that’s an if I dont know anything about and don’t really want to pry :sweat_smile:

oh no, she did tell us the whole story, she made him drive, but lied to the cops to make herself look innocent. in reality both shoulda been charged, but what’s done is done.

as for them wanting to stay together, she was on the phone with him “I swear to God you better not ever break up with me babe”