Powerful American Insanity National (COMPLETE)

even if that’s the case, i just know that would mean a whole fraction of the budget gone

i’ll test out some things myself and see what can be done about the tire techpool

edit: I don’t really notice much of a difference between the same car with 0 tire tp and 15 tire tp but when I give the latter +15 quality as well HOLY SHIT it’s horrible

edit 2: since techpool has less of an effect than quality on grip, it will remain unchanged, but i will mandate tire quality at 0

2 Likes

Yeah, tires in Beam seem to get greasy with positive sliders, especially over +3. Don’t know why that is.

What are the expectations regarding historical/market realism, if any?

for once, go wild, as long as it complies with the rules

2 Likes

An idea I had for a similar challenge was to reward comfort by having it be some sort of multiplier on finishing time, to reflect quality of time spent behind the wheel, not just quantity. F.e. if it were me, I’d assign a higher score to a W140 that took 35 minutes than a Baja Bug with bare-minimum qualifying comfort that took 34. Where to draw that optimization line is the tricky part, of course.

Would love to send you the Howitzer for a run but it won’t meet budget being a high powered midship monster that I am trying to tame.
The Gatling is competing in Weekend Warrior
So it’s more than likely going to be the Ruger for this one

You see this quite outstanding piece of engineering? This right here, is a 1995 Crooper Modena SS, one of the finest american sports sedans. 345hp 5.0L V8, Rear-wheel drive, aerodynamic package, all that you expect to find in the finest of performance sedans. Though, there is one thing, one thing that we have noticed about this fine car.
It's not enough.

In a collaboration between Crooper Motors and Hines American, one of the most important houses of tuning for the american market, we are proud to present the Crooper Modena Hines 500SR. The original 5.0 3V engine has been bored out to 5.2L, and its heads have been replaced with DOHC 4V heads, creating an engine that is appropriately nicknamed “Behemoth”. These modifications, along with an almost entire overhaul of the remaining engine components, allow it to reach 500hp instead of the original 345, hence the name 500SR, while remaining naturally aspirated.

It allows this 4 door sedan to get up to an aproximate top speed of 220 mph, or 354 km/h, a result so outstanding that it blows Italian supercars out of the water. And not only that, it is also extremely stable and, while its tail likes to drift a bit in between corners, as expected from a 500 hp, live rear axle American sedan, it can also keep itself planted when needed thanks to the sports suspension, aerodynamic package reminding you of late 60s NASCAR stock cars, and high-performance tires mounted on single lug-nut, Formula 1 inspired wheels. If this is not the definition of a high performer, I don’t know what is.

8 Likes

6 Likes

Is per-cylinder mechanical fuel injection considered racing technology? Also, can a 1971 trim of a 1967 car still use 60s safety?

as long as race isn’t in the name, it isn’t a race part

sure, but it you were to set the actual model year from '67 to '71, that’s when you’ll need 70s safety

sure, but it you were to set the actual model year from '67 to '71, that’s when you’ll need 70s safety

I don’t quite understand; the base model year of my car is 1967, but 1971 is when the top trim with the most power (the one I want to submit) was introduced, so the car year is 1967 but the variant year is 1971.

i’m saying you can use 60s safety for your car

Alright, thanks. I suppose 70s safety would only make you slightly less dead in a crash anyway considering I’m putting a big-block V8 in a compact car.

I’m using the body of a 1972 wagon but everything functional (including chassis and suspension) is from 1995. In my case I’ll need to make sure it’s compliant with 1995 spec rules.

Did you actually start with a modded truck body that has a realistic weight and add an enormous engine capable of taking it past 155, or did you just put weightless fixtures on an invisible car body?

it was a joke, and ill probably do a real entry. that car uses the Bus Body though

Alright, I just changed up quite a bit of rules, so I recommend checking the changelog to see what exactly.

The starting formula also changed, so if you already cloned the calculator before, you have to clone it again.

To me, they’re pretty much set so…

:bangbang: :bangbang: :bangbang: SUBMISSIONS OPEN :bangbang: :bangbang: :bangbang:

Let’s feel some PAIN.

btw, for those 2 that jumped the gun (@nicxv and @Vena.Sera423 ), I’m giving you guys a free resubmission since it’s very likely that your cars broke some rules.

3 Likes

2003 Yajirushi 2600 GTR

Gallery

Clip - Driving the track!

Yes i did drive that thing… 49 minutes of me struggling to drive a badly damaged Yajirushi on steep mountain roads. I did take some wrong turns here and there aswell, just to prolong the PAIN ;).

PAIN_Yajirushi GTR - YouTube

10 Likes

what is ‘actual sequential’ is that good should I have it for my car

Okay time to make a 600HP mexican hoon cartel edition of my shitty 80s coupe - japan, fuck yeah!!!