QFC13 - Truckin' - Sport Trucks!

Damn that sucks, you gonna extend it since the update affected those stats?

Let’s get a quick opinion from a few others, and decide on extending. The raw specs seem unaffected, but some of the stats shifted by 10+ points back and forth. Engines seem unaffected.

An extra two or three days should do the trick IMO

Having looked at mine, nothing that could’ve impacted its illegality (load/towing, fuel eco, cost) was changed. The stats did change considerably, though it seems to have been a net improvement: +5 drivability, +3 utility, +2 sportiness, and a minor boost to offroad. The only negative was comfort down by 3, but that’s a way less important stat for this anyway.

So if you haven’t yet, it’s definitely worth looking over your entry just in case; though there’s a good chance you won’t have to resubmit anything.

I am having major computer issues as of recently, so I will not be able to resubmit or check my entry, even with the extended time frame. However, let me know if anything has changed just for my information via the DM

I’m going to push this to the 15th. There’s some weekend stuffs going on that will screw me up anyway. Nov 15th 12:00PM EST we’ll just say. That should be good 'nuff. As far as updates went, yeah nothing so far I see went illegal, just stats flipped some. Some for the better, though its hard to tell if everyone got an equal jump or not. I’ll update the main post.

7 Likes

That is fair for everyone. Now I got the update as well, my car was nowhere near a challenge limit, so I am not worried but will check the car again tomorrow.

anyone else having issues with meeting the budget? before i was well under budget, by almost 8k but now it’s increased by 10k

1 Like

Is anybody else experiencing the same results? I’m flexible I just want an even playing field. Budget changes are a big thing with updates, admittedly I haven’t checked out all the trucks with a fresh export post-update.

Mine went from around 24k to 36k after the update, and i can’t really see what’s causing it

It’s bold, it’s fast, and it’s everything that you want.

It’s the Rhania Derosa RST Base:

This truck includes the following

• The Satan Motor - This is a 5.4L V8 pushing 500 horsepower and 420 lb-ft of torque.
  • 14.3 MPG.
  • A 5 speed manual.
  • RWD.
  • The ability to carry 7,500 pounds and tow 2,100 pounds.
  • A CD player.
  • $30,000.
  • A 171 MPH top speed.
  • 0-60 in less than 6 seconds.
  • Revised chassis.
  • Lockable differentials.
  • Sport and comfort modes.
  • A custom cool paintjob.
  • A huge hood scope made especially for this truck.

This truck is more than what you need at a cheap price of $30,000. This truck can do *anything and everything much better than anyone else.

Some will go all in for performance and yet get terrible gas mileage while others focus on gas mileage and get terrible performance. However at Rhania, we have perfected a truck both powerful and efficient to tear the streets without tearing the wallet.

Here at Rhania, we make sure our customers are provided with the upmost quality that a manufacturer
could provide. It is our mission to guarantee both performance and reliability in each and every one of our vehicles to work and play all day and all night.

QFC13-{HappyFireBallMan}_-_Rhania_Derosa_RST.car (27.5 KB)

2 Likes

Get yoinked bro.

Dont put your .car files in the post.

1 Like

Why? I’m just sharing it with the people here.

Strangely, my car didn’t change in cost at all. ($29,990)

Maybe the difference was in some technology/choice you used? I could send my .car so you could compare the 2, to try and narrow down what caused it. Also, don’t forget to look at techpool; I’ve had it randomly reset to +5 everywhere on a couple occasions.

1 Like

Many reasons.

1. Challenges are generally considered competitions, so free viewing of car files is shooting yourself in the foot.
  2. The host almost never looks in the thread for submissions, they ask for DMs so they dont get buried.
  3. If you want to share the car, you should do it after the submission window closes.
4 Likes

My car remains eligible after the update - it merely traded some comfort for sportiness.

yeah, i’d appreciate it.

The techpool reset thing is really a pita. I will be re-exporting all the files again today and I’ll keep an eye on those. Obviously no instabins for stuff that the program likes to pull on us.

Thanks, all.

Well in truth, I would not want to say this but the vehicle’s only strongpoint is its engine which probably is most of the truck’s price. The body and frame are made of steel while having 2 small seats, a basic interior, and a CD player. This truck also has a tendency to bounce a bit. This truck is also RWD rather than the 4x4 and AWD contestants here. It’s not a problem to me as it would take tons of work to incorporate better materials without sacrificing some things.

I found out that with a trim/variant year of 2012, there’s no chance your truck will be eligible for this challenge - that aside, its engineering in general is just a mess, not helped by the liberal use of negative quality.

1 Like