QFC14 - Attitude in the Alps

I’m gonna up the techpool total somewhat, to a clean 25.

Submissions are now open until 23:59 UTC, December 3rd.

3 Likes
10 Likes

Can we have the ability to have staggered tires instead of an even keel as this would affect the grip and the car’s ability to turn as for a RWD car.

That’s not what that means…

I’m not sure if it has been mentioned before, but are interiors required for submission? If so I can throw one together but it’s not really my strong suit…

Interiors are not required for QFC if you don’t wish to build one, though they can make help make a nicer looking car.

2 Likes

How much does it cost and what are its performance specs?

i haven’t re-engineered it yet but the old one was bordering on 300? ish horsepower iirc

and just under 40 grand

Tell some more…

MPG?
Service costs?
Top speed?
0-60?
Comfort points?
Weight?

no

5 Likes

Then in the end he should just give you the .car? :clown_face:
It’s a competition, you don’t want to tell other people what are the stats of your car.

5 Likes

that, and

404 Horsepower, twin turbo, flat 6 mated to a 5 speed manual allowing the car to achieve a 0-60 of 5.47 seconds, burning the quarter mile in 13 seconds, and a top speed of 171 MPH. The car also gets a fuel economy of 12.9 MPG weighing at 2976 pounds. All this for $37,770.

This is one of the wilder misinterpretations of this phrase I’ve come across, but to clear up any misunderstanding, there are no rules against staggered tire sizes. The tire rule is simply, radial only.

1977 FMC Harrier 4.5
Before it came out, this was the best shot people could see, as stored on the magnetic reels.

Now, the future is here!

The Harrier 4.5 is powered by a sophisticated dual overhead cam 4.5L V8. It is years ahead of its time, sporting revolutionary multi-point fuel injection.

FMC’s Harrier project represents the pinnacle of technology available.

8 Likes

1977 RAUK VANIR

Chassis: Steel monocoque, fibreglass outer panels. Mid engine RWD. Double wishbone suspension all around. Rack and pinion steering. Koni gas shocks.
Engine: Volvo B21E inline 4 cylinder cast iron block bored and stroked to 2337 cc. RAUK designed 16 valve DOHC alloy cylinder head. Bosch K-Jetronic fuel injection. 207 hp @ 6800 RPM. 221 Nm @ 6500 RPM.
Transmission: 5 speed manual trans axle. Clutch pack LSD.
Brakes: 300 mm disc brakes all around, front discs vented.
Wheels and tyres: ATS alloy wheels on sports compound tyres. Front tyre dimension 205/65R15. Rear tyre dimension 235/55R15.
Top speed: 253 km/h
0-100 km/h: 5.7 seconds
Quartermile: 13.98 seconds
Fuel economy: 9.4 litres per 100 km
Measurements and weight: Wheelbase 247 cm. Length 427 cm. Width 181 cm. Weight 980 kg.
Standard equipment: Leather upholstered contoured high back bucket seats, leather sports steering wheel, 8 track stereo tape player, power brakes, interval wipers, full instrumentation, flip up glass sunroof, inertia reel 3 point seatbelts, collapsible steering column and wheel, hazard flashers.
Price: $36400 AMU

Rauk Vanir. A swede for Switzerland!

7 Likes

1977 Basilio Murgese V12

8 Likes

1975 Thorn 229

6 Likes
15 Likes

The 1977 Landsknecht Bergziege:

2 Likes