QFC15 - Cheap and cheerful [FINALS OUT]

1980 Axxus Marlin Turbo

112hp
$12,300
Sporty fun for everyone

9 Likes
1982 Decarlis D10 Turbo

13 Likes

1982 Margo Motors Mogwai 1200M (everyone just adores the Mogwai)

The name has two references (the Gremlins movie (yes, I know, two years too soon), but it’s also a direct dig at another old “subcompact” - the AMC Gremlin).

There is an automatic version as well (the Mogwai 1200A).

It will fit four (though I’m sure anyone you put in the rear seat won’t be happy for long), and the trunk is large enough for several kegs for the Keg parties the car is surely going to be driven to.

6 Likes

I thought the rules stated 4 full seats, not 2+2.

It has a proper bench in the back (though it has head rests which are not correct - I couldn’t find a bench seat that made me happy) - you could theoretically fit three in the back, but be prepared for the silent treatment given how narrow teh car is. No matter what, the short wheel base does mean tight quarters for ones feet.

Oh
 Just rechecked the stats
 DOH All that work, and yes - it’s either no seats or plus two - the body doesn’t support full rear seats. :slightly_frowning_face: DNF. Ah well, t’was a good exercise. Next time. :+1:

There is a new experimental feature that lets you copy fixtures between car bodies.

I have no idea though what will happen if you paste on a larger wheelbase variant of the same body type
 but it may be worth a try?

2 Likes

11 Likes

I have tried. Needs some adjustments and fiddling but not too hard. Just make sure to copy and paste the morphs.

2 Likes

Ah-ha - the four door version of the body does has 2 proper seats in the rear - need to update the interior to four doors.

3 Likes

I’m glad that worked out for you. That’s a lot of work to have to throw away.

Throw away - Naw
 Hop up material! :smiley: I love my ultra basic firebreatheing track day dragons.

1 Like

Often bought by young men with mullets and cowboy boots.
I like the design of the rear side window and that’s clearly a Manta without copying it 1:1

I just googled the Manta right now.

I’ve never seen a Manta before(with this body, the older one yes), BUT I do see that for the U.S. market it looks like a Chevy Monza/ Olds Starfire.

My main issue was trying to not let it look too much like Knugcabs car since I did pick the same body. I’ll tell you what tho, the car that I DID take cues from was my own car.

I took ques from my QFC14 car, the ART ONE. Slight ques, but they are there. It worked out pretty good being that they are only 3 years apart. I wanted to write some lore but Im not really into that.

1982 RĂ©gal 143E

It’s a car

The RĂ©gal 1-series took the market by force in the late 70s. A small affordable personal luxury sedan was all the rage, and sportier trims did very well.

However in early 80s, RĂ©gal realized that they needed to tap the low end market, being usually premium. So they built their first hatchback - the 143E. E for entry level. A definitely non-premium offering, but still exhibiting RĂ©gal qualities - incredible reliability, good safety, and still a hint of performance and comfort.

With a brand new 2.0L OHC, replacing the older 1.8L, it includes 4 valves for emission control and generates nearly 120hp and did 0-100 under 10 seconds.

Good economy, and the cheapest RĂ©gal ever - if that interests you in any way, please let us know, we’re really not sure about it.

8 Likes

The New Hinode Coronet GT-Turbo

Summary

The third generation Hinode Coronet, a lineup consisting of a 4-door sedan, 4-door hardtop sedan, 2-door coupe, 2-door hardtop coupe, 3-door liftback, and 5-door wagon, made its debut in 1982 just to serve
 every market that its many body styles and engine options served. That meant everything from small business’ van to the speed demon’s daily driver.

The model shown is the GT-Turbo liftback, which is powered by Hinode’s first twin-cam turbocharged engine which produces 160hp, proving to be quick in a straight line but also just as capable in the corners thanks to its all-independent suspension setup. The Coronet exhibits incredible reliability, economy (for what it is, anyway), comfort, and quality as one would expect from a Hinode.

Gallery

© 1982 Hinode Europe GmbH

15 Likes

Well, this body is actually based on the second generation Manta, which you never got in the US due to the first model year being 1976 while Opels no longer were imported after 1975 (the “Buick Opel” you got after that was actually an Isuzu Gemini built in Japan, yes, a half-sibling to the Opel Kadett, but that goes for the Chevette too), so builds on this body will easily get a Manta-ish look I guess.

2 Likes

Okay, now a little heavier, but no longer a 2+2. This is the automatic pictured. Thought it might also be nice to do the last hurra to a option that (unfortunately) was “dyeing” out - a dizzying array of interior colors. In this case a red wine interior to accent the red accent.

5 Likes

1982 AMS Vanga 160RS

One of the hottest hatches around, thanks to its 120-bhp 1600cc DOHC 16v inline-four - and it can now be yours for $13,500.

6 Likes

1982 Razor

An affordable sports car! Maximum speed is 122 miles per hour! Fuel economy is 25.3 miles per gallon. Features front wheel drive and 4-speed manual transmission. Sporty!
0-60 time of 11 seconds! Incredible.
Cost is only $12,800!!!

1 Like

why are the taillights on the bumper