QFC22 - Wagon Wheel Whirl [Results]

Yep, and just about to post up this fellow:

Are they good engines? Meh, probably not. Do they meet the rules, yes :slight_smile:

Especially since sportiness is of moderate importance here, and power plays a key role in that.

Emissions
100 is possible, but crazy low yes, that’s why I put ??? to check later.
I’ll make that Maximum 200 Trim Emissions, seems to play well with the expected performance.
This is a column to itself in the Car Manager list, for your convenience.

Techpool
Always the top controversy…the idea was to give a limited opportunity to focus your car/brand on some things, and keep the price highish. But every…experienced player would probably put all of them in certain categories anyway :wink:
How about +5TP all over. 22.000$ max price. Then I’ll just put 100% tax on everyone to emulate the high taxes in Denmark.

Bodies
I like odd cars if they’re good. There are some hatchback bodies that look like wagons, and vice versa. (IRL we had the 156 “wagon”, Americans referred to their Mazda 3 hatchback as a wagon, the Renault Vel Satis/Opel Signum weirdos and so on) The hatchbacks get a sizeable advantage to comfort and practicality for game reasons. A MPV and even a SUV could plausibly do the job, but it’s the same story with stat advantages. Keep It Simple Says stick to wagons.
TL;DR I’ll update to Wagon Only

Edit: I’ll do the above updates some time later

8 Likes

Press X to pay respects to my current build :sweat_smile:

I think I misunderstood the brief then tbh, I thought it was replace the wagon with a family car not necessarily another wagon

I agree with all of the changes you have proposed - I have tweaked my test mule accordingly, and it’s still compliant.

Perhaps some inspirations

3 Likes

@mart1n2005 F
You probably have something else you can use.

OP updated

I have a really big penalty for circle test does anyone know how to solve that

1 Like

lol nope. All of my cars have that. Sometimes narrower tires help me. Sometimes not. I don’t know how to fix that.

1 Like

I changed the chassis to another wagon and the circle test problem went away, but I have no idea why specifically.

Haven’t tested it, but logically I assume it has to do with lateral grip levels at low/high speed (or lack thereof)

You know what they say. If it ain’t broke etc.

AEKI 550 2.4 GLE

4 Likes

Well, that’s not always a bad thing.

Every stat works in the way that you have a base score, based on the most important things that affects the stat. Then the positive and negative scores show what bumps up or down that stat.

The circle test as an example, if you build a car that understeers you might get a positive score in the driveability tab but a negative one in the sportiness tab. Tune it so it oversteers instead, and you will get the penalty on driveability instead and the sportiness penalty will be minimized.

So, it’s really a matter of what priorities you have on the car.

Already started working on the engineering of a entrant if anyone would like to colab for this comp?

2005 Yoshino Mako SW

The new 2005 Mako SW is eager to conquer the road with Yoshino’s brand new, silky smooth 6 speed automatic transmission, optional 3.0 liter V6, and amenities like a sunroof, rear wiper, YoshinoNAV, and HID headlights. The 2005 Mako equipped with V6 can achieve 23 average miles per gallon (9.78 km/L) while riding on 215/45R18 tires. The Mako didn’t forget enthusiasts either; with variable hydraulic steering, progressive suspension, and an optional 6 speed manual, canyon carving has never been so fun at such a cheap price.

Shown: Mako SW GLS V6, MSRP $20,100.

Gallery

Stylish and futuristic HID headlights provide superior illumination on the ground and generous parking lights provide a safety advantage

Thoughtful details like a beautiful fade from taillight to brake light to indicator included
Sporty 18 inch alloy wheels provide undeniable presence
Chrome tipped dual exhaust tips enhance engine output and note

8 Likes

Low quality ad because you know, why not?

Experience the quality of American car manufacturing

The 2005 Aitlan Trinity, sedan and wagon available

Equipped with 6-Speed manual coupled to 2L turbocharged inline 4 producing 200 horsepower

Luxury pictures

Medium effort interior

7 Likes
8 Likes

As I’m not here at 12AM to update, the round is now Officially Open. Speaking of updates, please check if any of the updates screwed you over somehow, especially the two of you who already submitted. See the changelog tab at the end of OP

1 Like

2005 AMS Argosy 3.0 V6 Estate

A proper premium performance estate with enough speed, agility and comfort to satisfy any family man, all for just $21,800 AMU.

2 Likes

im sure it’s too large and overpowered, but from Australia is the Valiant Fortis wagon

9 Likes