QFC24: A Change For The Worse? [DONE]

Sure as soon as I can look it up on thursday evening. The stats of the whole car will be provided.

4 Likes

About sizes – the Ignis is in a much smaller class when compared to the Ibiza and Fiesta (3.7m vs ~4.06m overall length). You mentioned you’d allow for a variety of bodystyles, but did you have a length/wheelbase interval in mind?

A length between 3,7 and 4,1 meter would be fine, his current car is about 4,5m and seems a bit too large now.
Since he drives mostly alone and rarely long distances, a car larger than a Fiesta sedan is definitely not needed.

4 Likes

Passenger and cargo room needs/wants?

Ignacio does not need much practicality. As long as the car has four seats and can carry his weekly groceries, it’s fine.

2 Likes

Does Ignacio have any preferences on the interior side of things? I.e. does he like touchscreens or physical buttons and tactile feedback? Also interior colour preferences?

Ignacio does not like too garish colors, touchscreens should be decently sized since he needs large symbols to use it. Ignacio has a mobile phone and therefore is at least somehow used to it. The most important functions however, are preferred with physical buttons (do it as you want, it’s not rated in any way since it’s QFC).

3 Likes

Feels like a dumb question but…

Since the backstory mentions about it being is Spain, does Spain require displaying the license plates on both front and back of the car? I would assume that it is a yes but I just wanted to check since my quick googling session has not been able to confirm that so far.

Yes

AFAIK all of Europe does require that.

What’s funny is I ended up reading that on the wikipedia article for “Vehicle Registration Plate” but both the sources that are linked to the part saying “In Europe, most governments require a registration plate to be attached to both the front and rear of a vehicle,” don’t seem to mention anything to that specific point.

Maybe it’s because I’m not in Europe, who knows…

Lemme put it that way - I don’t recall ever seeing live (Poland, Czechia, UK, Netherlands, Latvia) or on a pic any car on a public European road without one of the plates and without it looking like the plate was lost. So, even if it’s legal, it’s extremely uncommon.

That’s fair, it’s the same in Australia. If a car is driving around with no front plate here it’s usually because it was nicked or someone is not doing the right thing.

Front and rear plate is mandatory, Spanish ones (Mod exists) nice If you have them but any EU sized Plate would be ok

3 Likes

Is there at least a general price range you are looking for as of right now, like budget, or premium, or anything like that? Not needing anything specific but a general category would be nice in order to get a better understanding of the challege.

2 Likes

I think it will be around a 20k upper limit, so no fast premium performance models but Ignacio doesnt want to buy something that barely beats walking.

Exact number will be provided as soon as possible.

4 Likes

Any objection to transverse boxers? How about simulated diesels?

Is Spain one of those countries that taxes heavily over a certain displacement, and if so, does it matter?

Regarding transverse boxers:

Also, simulated diesels (with a much smaller bore than stroke) are not all that realistic in Automation given that actual diesel fuel is not available in-game.

1 Like

Bore:stroke ratio has nothing to do with diesels…

I’m very well aware that CSR host binned transverse boxers. My question is whether this QFC host feels the same.

I have to think about this.

It’s not CSR so I will make my mind up on this.