QFC26 - Baby on the Way

Korssen K-30+ Urban

Your perfect family companion

Presenting the Korssen K-30+ Urban Trim, the midsize MPV that sets a new standard in family mobility. We believe that every family deserves a reliable and well-equipped vehicle without compromising their budget.

Step inside the K-30+ and experience a world of comfort and versatility. With its thoughtfully designed cabin, this MPV offers an abundance of space to accommodate your entire family up to 8 people* and their belongings. From weekend getaways to daily commutes, the K-30+ ensures everyone enjoys ample legroom and headspace, making every journey a joyous and comfortable one.

At the heart of the K-30+ lies the innovative E-VVLT (Efficient Variable Valve Lift and Timing) technology, offering an unrivaled balance between fuel efficiency and performance. This advanced system optimizes engine performance at different rev ranges, delivering exceptional fuel economy at low revs for those long family road trips, while seamlessly unleashing maximum power and exhilaration at higher revs when the open road calls for it.

The K-30+ is also designed with safety in mind. It comes equipped with a range of advanced safety features such as electronic stability control, traction control, and multiple airbags, ensuring the driver and passengers are protected in the event of an accident, and keep your family safe on the road.

At Korssen, we believe that everyone should have access to a reliable and affordable car. That's why we offer an unbeatable combination of quality, affordability, and performance.

Visit your nearest Korssen dealership and take the K-30+ for a test drive. Let this MPV be the catalyst for unforgettable family moments and create memories that will last a lifetime.

*8 seats configuration as shown. Also available with 7 or 5 seats.

Specifications

Engine: 2.0L N/A i4 DOHC - 4D20A-E-VVLT
More engine: 136hp @ 5.800rpm - 203nm @ 4.200rpm - 6.300rpm redline
Speed and power: 0-100 in 11.2 seconds - 190 km/h electronically limited top speed
Transmission: Transverse FWD - Advanced 5 speed automatic
Panels and chassis: Partial aluminum with galvanized steel - 1540kg
Suspension: (F) MacPherson (R) SemiTrailing - Progressive springs, with monotube dampers and passive sway bars tuned for comfort and drivability
Interior: Premium with standard cd infotainment
MSRP: $16,899

Gallery

11 Likes

2003 Litchfield FV200 SX

Gallery

6 Likes

Your cars are still very simple design, but I clearly see an improvement in the last months. You are going in the right direction.

1 Like

2003 Capriolo CrossTurismo

The perfect fusion of Italian style, versatility, and ruggedness.

Equipped with rally-bred 4ruote AWD system. Engineered with distinction.

Book now for $16,700.

Progresso trim shown. Any similarities to real brands is purely coincidence, trust me. Mak kau hijau!
20 Likes

2003 Otari Mariner 1.8i Tourer

Gallery

Stats

12 Likes

SUBMISSIONS CLOSED

I have received additional complete submissions from:

@shibusu
@Knugcab
@Oreology
@vouge
@Kevin980
@crwpitman1
@Djadania
@Edsel / @Vento
@kookie
@fantic2000
@Ch_Flash

Post, but no car:

Car, but no post:

@GetWrekt01

You have about 24 hours to post an ad if you haven’t already

If you have submitted but your name isn’t on this list, please let me know.

15 Likes

2003 Bushido Voyage Prestige

Lazy ad cuz I have fuck all energy left in me.

Van

9 Likes

Any news regarding this? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am currently cooking and results will be out very soon. Progress has been quite slow because I’ve been busy with some irl stuff, but I assure you that everything will be done before the deadline.

1 Like

INSTABINS - RULE BREAKERS

Valiant Vivus Calypso

@mart1n2005

This is not TMCC

Rhaina Hunter Sport

@happyfireballman

Less egregious, but still:

This is not QFC27

Rusa - Jaya

@Oreology

Wrong fuel type (85 RON). David can afford to buy better, unleaded gas.

Panther K-30+ Urban

@Kevin980

Wrong fuel type (95 RON)

And now with the instabins out of the way, it is time for:

ROUND 1

KHI Calia Touring

@doot

The Calia Touring falls short in several areas. Although the car has average drivability and comfort, the car’s powertrain leaves much to be desired. Its engine, despite being a 2.2L unit, produces only 107hp. That and the use of a 3-speed automatic transmission gives the car poor fuel economy for what it is. Props for high reliability ratings, but not much else.

Verdict: not considered

Ryuji Hako ES

@Maverick74

The Ryuji is a well engineered car, exceling in in many areas including purchase price, fuel economy, and reliability. However, the manual transmission reduces comfort to an uncompetitive level, and the size of the car gives it the least cargo room of any entry and also one of the lowest safety ratings, despite having advanced safety features. It is the right car for the wrong job (for David’s standards, at least).

Billancourt Spacieuse

@the-chowi

The Ballancourt is without a doubt one of the best looking MPVs in the market. The car is very driver-friendly and comfortable. However, it is also one of the most expensive cars out there, costing the same as the Calia. And for that price, other competitors offer similar if not more benefits. In addition, the suspension tuning and the ride height needed to keep the car from bottoming out give the car a rather awkward stance.

WM Argosia 2.0 SE

@abg7

The Argosia offers good safety and drivability to the discerning family car buyer. However, the car is average in most other areas. Styling leaves much to be desired, with extremely long overhangs that make the car look like a blobfish.

Globus Traveller LT

@Happyhungryhippo

The Traveller offers great practicality with 7 seats, lots of passenger room, and a sizeable cargo area despite its compact dimensions. Otherwise, the car is decent in most metrics, including price. However, it has the largest engine among its competitors (3.5l), making the Traveller one of the thirstiest cars of the bunch. Power is quite low for an engine that size, too.

Oran Zelda 7ST 2.5 V

@Ananas

The Zelda is the safest car in the competition, but that is only due to its immense size and advanced safety features. The actual body and chassis are made out of bare steel, which is not only bad for rust but also for its structural strength. Its proportions are all over the place the the design overall feels incoherent. The Zelda is the most powerful car of the bunch, but that alone is not enough to justify choosing it over other, better cars that can actually fit in tight parking spaces.

Toyohatsu Tammy 1.8 GMA

@Ludvig

The Tammy is indeed a very cute car, with the round headlights and vents. It offers ample interior space, good reliability, and decent safety. All while being one of the cheapest cars on offer. However, comfort is quite low even for a car with that low of a price, and other cars in this price range offer more than the Tammy does. If things were a little different, this panda could have been the car of choice.

Yangwoo Kwack (Quack) - 1.4 LX Wagon (4-spd AT)

@Hilbert

The Yangwoo is similar to the Tammy, in its cute styling and name. However, the Kwack is smaller than the Tammy and as such, its interior has less space than most cars. Fuel bills are also much less, as the Yangwoo has the second-best fuel economy, only beaten by the even smaller Ryuji. Due to its small size, standard safety equipment, and materials however, the Yangwoo is the least safe car in the competition. The car is better off competing against cars its size, like the Avanza.

Axxus MP5

@DuceTheTruth100

The MP5 is one of the only SUVs on offer. It has lots of cargo room, but passenger room is quite low compared to other cars. Although it has the best drivability of all the cars, it is average in most other metrics. It is also quite expensive for what it is since it has an electric LSD (which it doesn’t need) and although it looks premium, it simply does not have the substance to back its looks and price up.

Atera FAR-D 2.4i

@HybridTronny

The FAR-D has the largest cargo area in the competition, and it also has lots of passenger room. The car is on the cheaper end of the spectrum, since it is built on a ladder chassis derived from a truck. However, its solid axle has been swapped out for a trailing arm setup for increased passenger comfort. Aside from the cavernous interior and low price, the FAR-D falls behind in safety, drivability, and fuel economy due to its large engine. Reliability ratings are also average despite the common belief that these cars are bulletproof. A good car overall, but the Hinode Rusa Neo is better.

Verdict: common Malaysian L

IP Rubiq

@Knugcab

The Rubiq is a visually striking car, with its bold colours, retro styling, and as the name suggests, a boxy shape. It it priced similarly to the Atera, but the Rubiq is much smaller than the FAR-D and most other cars in the competition. This, along with the small engine, gives the car good fuel economy but poor cargo space and low safety ratings. The car has among the highest reliability ratings, however.

ACR Lanea Aventura 6XSi

@shibusu

The Lanea is a hadsome cross between a wagon and an SUV. It is one of the two AWD cars on offer and is powered by a large 2.6l engine, giving the Lanea a good amount of horsepower. Still, despite the size of the engine and the AWD system, fuel economy and reliability are decent. However, interior space and cargo area are a bit lower than equivalent cars. A very good car overall, but it is beaten by other cars by a hair.

Canmo Avocet

@crwpitman1

Like the ACR, the Avocet is an SUV-wagon crossover. This time however, it is FWD and is equipped with an autolocking differential which it doesn’t need. Despite the use of light AHS steel in its chassis, the Avocet is one of the least safe cars partially due to its small size. Practicality is good, but comfort is low and fuel consumption is relatively high. The Avocet is also the least reliable car of the bunch.

Bushido Odyssey Prestige

@GetWrekt01

The Odyssey is the most comfortable car of the bunch and offers ample interior room. However, the car is average in most other metrics which makes the $17,100 price tag a hard sell.

Betterdeals Baller

@Djadania

go back to hq

Litchfield FV200 SX

@Fantic2000

The Litchfield is average by most metrics. It has good comfort, but it is also more expensive than it should be. The car looks handsome but some proportions look off, including the A-pillar which could have been placed further forward since it is a FWD car.

Otari Mariner 1.8i Tourer

@Ch_Flash

The Mariner is a handsome wagon and is similar in stats to the bigger Litchfield. Although the Mariner is cheaper and has a relatively small 1.8l engine, the Mariner somehow has the worst fuel economy of all the cars.

The finalists are:

@Executive, @Danicoptero, @kookie, @vouge, @Vento/@Edsel

19 Likes

Aw, shucks. Well, at least it was decent - good luck to the finalists!

1 Like

Well fuck me, this is what happens when you use the same base for two challenges. :rofl:

Well I did it again…making a car that is average but with a price that is too high. Atleast my car got called handsome. :sunglasses:

Tuna, noooooooo!

Nice, I had a feeling the Palmera+ was a good one. I hope it does well in the finals

mmmmmm
Not sure if i failed this time but i’ll say that i will probably enter a normal car next time.
Troll… Complete? Return to HQ.

1 Like

Thanks for the review and feedback, I definitely appreciate it. Im shocked it had the best driveability, and I really did try to give it a premium-ish look to it, glad that came across in the judging. I struggle on differential choices :weary: as i never know which one to pick and why. Whats your take on the engine tuning and fuel eco numbers, how could those have better? Thanks again for the review and i wish the best to all the rest of the contestants.

And now, I would’ve have losf regardless of if I did or didn’t get binned.

Why do I spend hours on a car for a challenge that I’ll lose anyway.

That’s my rant, yell at me or try to be motivational but I lost regardless and there’s nothing I can do. There is no next time for next time would be a completely different challenge.

1 character does indeed influence how something happens…

Hey, a typical number of entries in a large challenge can be around 30. Even if it was a lottery where everyone had as much of a chance of winning, 29 people would lose in that case. I can’t really get why people sometimes put such a large emphasis on that, as long as the challenge is judged somewhat fair (I especially have a hard time understanding why some people can go on forever about something that might have put the car in 24th place instead of 27th if the flaw was totally ignored…). The chances of winning are slim in any case, and it’s not like if it is money or something involved, so why take a game that is supposed to be fun that seriously?

Yes, I can understand that people get upset when the judging is actually screwed up or when the salt goes over the border, because hearing “haha your car is butt ugly, it just sucks” is of course not fun when you have put time and energy into it. But when the judging is fair, the reviews constructive (both things applies in this case), what are you going to achieve with complaining?

It seems like you’re failing to see the whole bunch of people that got knocked out early (including me) that is NOT complaining, and instead you’re taking it personally. Imagine how the challenge threads would look if everyone that wasn’t winning should start posting rants, they would be pretty cluttered down then, wouldn’t they?

3 Likes

It is what it is, I see your point as to how this isnt something we should get worked up on.

It was just that in the moment, it was something that just felt like a wasted moment of time that I spent on the car.