QFC28 - Barbie [FINALS DONE]

Still, good to keep you on your toes when creating.
The turbo headers caught me off guard more than I like to remember :smiley:

2 Likes

Frfr!!

1 Like

Any news? A 5 day delay in QFC with no notification is kind of long after all…

3 Likes

My guess is that Lilly is taking the finalists for a joyride. Along the way, she decided to take a summer road trip :sunglasses:

Yeah I’m guessing a trip down the mulsanne straight has delayed things a little :thinking:

4 Likes

QFC28

Judging Round 2

Lily sits down to read some online articles about some sporty convertibles and some other things that catch her eye. She saves some for later, and some more to look at again.

Judging in alphabetical order

@happyfireballman & @shibusu

Ilaris FR

The focus on sportiness is evident, the Ilaris FR shines on curvy roads and open stretches, offering an exhilarating drive that’s sure to satisfy those seeking thrills behind the wheel. The balanced weight distribution further contributes to its poised and confident performance, enhancing stability and responsiveness.

However, this emphasis on sportiness comes at the expense of comfort.

Not considered for Finals

@lotto77
Halvson Performa Nuclear Edition 2.0

While its driveability might fall slightly below average, the Halvson Performa Nuclear Edition 2.0 compensates with its impressive sportiness.
However, where it truly shines is in its commitment to great comfort.

“It looks pretty good too.”

Proceeds to Finals

@Ludvig
Toyhatsu Tanya 1.5 delSol

The Toyhatsu Tanya 1.5 delSol presents a unique and distinctive offering with its cute bubble car design, highlighted by a tastefully finished frozen pink exterior and matching pink interior. Its attributes encompass a mix of strengths and trade-offs, catering to a specific driving experience.

The standout feature of the Tanya 1.5 delSol is its amazing driveability, ensuring a nimble and responsive ride. Maneuvering through various environments should be effortless, providing drivers with a sense of confidence and ease on the road.

While the sportiness might be lacking, the Toyhatsu Tanya 1.5 delSol compensates with high comfort levels.

“Oh this one is adorable! I hope it’s just as cute in person.”

Proceeds to Finals

@mart1n2005
Knightwick Pulse 1.8

The Knightwick Pulse 1.8 offers a balanced package with a focus on driveability and practicality. Its strengths lie in its impressive driveability and sportiness, making it a suitable option for those seeking an enjoyable and responsive driving experience. Comfort, while rated as average, ensures that occupants can still enjoy a pleasant and relatively cozy interior.

“It’s a little expensive in the long run but maybe it’s worth it?”

Proceeds to Finals

@Mikonp7
Neko KRX-3 Export

The Neko KRX-3 Export presents an interesting proposition with its cute kei car design and average sportiness suggest a vehicle that might provide a somewhat enjoyable and efficient driving experience. Unfortunately, the promising start fades quickly with the Neko KRX-3 Export’s extremely poor driveability and very low comfort ratings.

@nightwave
Ibis Anodus

While the sportiness level is average, and the comfort is unfortunately low, the Ibis Anodus is cheap to service and has some style. The driveability is poor which only adds to the negatives for the Anodus.

@passengerpigeon
Bertrand A3 Monte Carlo Cabriolet

The Bertrand A3 Monte Carlo Cabriolet seems to be a car that struggles to find its identity, falling short in both its attempts at sportiness and economy. With a design that aims for a funky and economical look, it unfortunately misses the mark on both fronts, leaving a rather underwhelming impression.

The handling and performance may leave much to be desired, failing to deliver the engaging ride that one would expect from a sporty model. The car’s shortcomings extend to its comfort level.

Not considered for finals

@SayokiN
Kyukei Raiden RS

The Kyukei Raiden RS is a delightful and engaging sports cabriolet that strikes a balance between dynamic performance and driving ease. With its cheerful demeanor, this car promises to make every drive an enjoyable and spirited experience. While its sportiness shines, the Kyukei Raiden RS doesn’t compromise on comfort.

The Kyukei Raiden RS is a charming sports cabriolet that brings together above-average sportiness, good comfort, and a cheerful attitude. Its ability to provide an exhilarating yet comfortable driving experience makes it an appealing option for those who appreciate the thrill of sports driving without compromising on comfort and enjoyment.

“Lots of fun to be had with this one, it’s so cute!”

Proceeds to Finals

@SheikhMansour
Pacorus Riviere

The Pacorus Riviere presents a unique set of characteristics that cater to a specific driving experience. While its incredible driveability ensures a smooth and responsive ride, its very low sportiness might not satisfy those seeking an adrenaline-fueled journey or dynamic handling.

The standout feature of the Pacorus Riviere lies in its fantastic comfort, however, the car’s below-average looks could potentially be attributed to its unconventional bubblegum pink and blue exterior. While the intention might be to stand out, this bold color combination might not resonate with everyone.

“It looks a little awkward but it’s cute in a way, I should add it to the list to compare later.”

Proceeds to Finals

@the-chowi
FMW ZK24

The FMW ZK24 is a car that caters to those who seek a thrilling and dynamic driving experience. With high driveability and sportiness, this vehicle promises to deliver an exhilarating ride that will satisfy enthusiasts looking for excitement on the road.

The impressive combination of high driveability and sportiness ensures that the FMW ZK24 can confidently handle various driving conditions with agility and responsiveness. Its well-tuned performance components contribute to a dynamic and engaging driving experience that is sure to leave a lasting impression.

Furthermore, the ZK24 doesn’t compromise on comfort. It offers good comfort levels, making each journey a pleasant and enjoyable one.

“This one looks exciting, I’ll have to see it in person.”

Proceeds to Finals

@xsneakyxsimx
Cygneoie Friseurin 2.5

The Cygneoie Friseurin 2.5 is a well-rounded car that offers a satisfying blend of performance and comfort, making it an attractive choice for a range of drivers. The car’s above-average driveability ensures that handling is smooth and responsive, allowing for confident maneuvering in various driving scenarios.

Comfort is another strong suit of the Cygneoie Friseurin 2.5. Additionally, the car’s affordability extends to its servicing, making it a practical choice for budget-conscious individuals.

“This one’s cute, hopefully it’s nice in person too.”

Proceeds to Finals

Final competitors

@alen.alic1983
@AndiD
@Be_gone_thot & @Tsundere-kun
@Danicoptero
@lotto77
@Ludvig
@mart1n2005
@SayokiN
@SheikhMansour
@the-chowi
@xsneakyxsimx

Sorry this is taking so long, I keep putting it off. It feels like this is dog water challenge writing and involvement compared to some other stuff. I need to make improvements to my writing ability and also my spreadsheets to make more comparisons between stuff and something more interesting out of the challenges that I might host next time.
Thanks for your patience, I hope to have Finals out by the end of today or tomorrow. - Riley

Written with the help of ChatGPT, any resemblance to the dreams of real people is entirely unintended. Also, literally me.

19 Likes

I’m not surprised with the result, since I submitted a car that I was designing anyway rather than starting one specifically for the challenge, but I thought the fuel economy of the Bertrand was quite good considering the power output and year. Also, oddly enough, adjusting the suspension to make it fun to drive in BeamNG decreased the Automation sportiness stats - not that I did this in the submitted model but it still fell short.

Woo, I’m glad that I have been able to have something that is being praised for it’s service cost after all the previous challenges have had cars that are on the higher end of service costs.

2 Likes

That picture makes the Toyhatsu look 90% less derpy than it is.
I’ll be effectively offline for a week so I’m pre-passing on hosting if it becomes a game of hot potato again

You know what screw it I’m calling this a QFC1 redemption arc for the Performa. No finals there but it kinda just existed and didn’t get ranked, so it’s on the up now!!

QFC28

FINALS

@lotto77
Halvson Performa Nuclear Edition 2.0

“Nestled within the Halvson Performa Nuclear Edition 2.0, I found a car with commendable design and engineering. While not exceptional, it exuded a certain allure. However, a few setbacks dimmed its shine. High service costs and lackluster driveability relegated it a few ranks lower in my consideration.” - Lily

@Danicoptero
Tarquini Millerosa CCD

“Seated in the Tarquini Millerosa CCD, I relished its impressive fuel efficiency, offering eco-friendly journeys. Its smooth driveability was delightful, although its sport performance left room for more exhilaration. The car’s snug comfort, reminiscent of a cozy haven, resonated with me. What truly captivated me was its design – a blend of functionality and beauty that echoed my own aspirations. I was left wanting more.” - Lily

@mart1n2005
Knightwick Pulse 1.8

“Embracing the Knightwick Pulse 1.8, I uncovered a car with tidy design and robust driveability. Its sport performance held a moderate appeal. Yet, the comfort level left much to be desired, and the weight of costly service expenses added to its drawbacks.” - Lily

@SayokiN
Kyukei Raiden RS

“As I stepped into the world of Kyukei Raiden RS, I discovered a car that strikes a balanced chord. Its driveability, while average, promises a reliable journey ahead. It hinted towards an exciting performance. The comfort, though not exceptional, held its own, offering a satisfactory experience.
Yet, it was in the realm of aesthetics that Kyukei Raiden RS truly shone.” - Lily

@Be_gone_thot & @Tsundere-kun
Sauveterre SC5 Turbo

"Exploring the world of the Sauveterre SC5 Turbo, I found a car of contrasts. Its drivability left me wanting, struggling a bit on the road. However, a thrilling sportiness beckoned, promising an exciting ride that spoke to my adventurous side.
Comfort seemed sacrificed for its sporty flair, a reminder that every choice comes with its trade-offs.

And oh, those looks! The Sauveterre SC5 Turbo was a visual masterpiece. In essence, it’s a choice between the excitement of sportiness and a smooth ride" - Lily

@SheikhMansour
Pacorus Riviere

“The Pacorus Riviere offered a blend of strengths and weaknesses, a symphony of drivability and comfort countered by sportiness and reliability concerns.” - Lily

@Ludvig
Toyhatsu Tanya 1.5 delSol

"The road felt like a canvas beneath my fingertips, responding to my every whim with grace and precision.

But then, there’s the sportiness—or the lack thereof. I must admit, the sportiness aspect left me yearning for a bit more excitement. It’s as if the car whispered a soothing lullaby rather than a heart-pounding melody of adventure. Yet, the comfort it offered was welcome." -Lily

@AndiD
Seongu Kando 1.3 GLC 12V

“The Seongu Kando 1.3 GLC 12V offers a reassuring drive, comfortable interior, and impressive fuel efficiency. It’s a practical and reliable partner, promising both enjoyment and savings on the road.” - Lily

@the-chowi
FMW ZK24

“The FMW ZK24 delivers a well-rounded experience with good drivability and sportiness. While comfort is moderate, the car boasts low service costs, promising a blend of performance and affordability.” - Lily

@alen.alic1983
Avion Zipper by Lluma

“The Avion Zipper by Lluma offers a balanced ride with good drivability, moderate sportiness, and pleasing comfort levels. However, low reliability and expensive service costs are a let down.” - Lily

@xsneakyxsimx
Cygneoie Friseurin 2.5

“The Cygneoie Friseurin 2.5 combines an above-average drivability and good sportiness with exceptional comfort. To sweeten the deal, it also comes with affordable service costs.” - Lily

And so Lily drove away with smart decision making sweeping over her, she would see the Cygneoie Friseurin 2.5 as not only a source of joy but also a wise investment that aligns perfectly with her desire for both an exciting and cost-effective driving experience. In her mind, it would be a car that embodies the perfect blend of performance, comfort, and practicality, making each drive an unforgettable and economical escapade. It was Kenough.

Find the spreadsheet here:

Copy of QFC28 Hosting - Google Sheets

PSA

Holy fuck thank god this is done, remind me to never try and do writing or any kind of lore again, this is the last time I host with a “shit” spreadsheet, so hopefully the next one’s I get to host will be more interesting. I enjoyed it, but I wish I could’ve executed everything better.

Written with the help of ChatGPT, any resemblance to the dreams of real people is entirely unintended. Also, literally me.

20 Likes

In hindsight, it’s no surprise that it won, but there were plenty of strong contenders in the finals.

And just to be sure, is the Friseurin FWD or RWD, and is its engine an I4, I6, or V6? In any case, I’m sure it was built on the smallest of the S15 body sets (2.42m wheelbase).

2 Likes

Good show. Loving the result.

It’s RWD and has a 2.5L I6. I will upload the car file so anyone that wants to have a look at it can. I really wasn’t expecting a top 5 finish let alone a 1st.

As for a QFC29, give me some time to think up something. I have a couple days off now so it is timed well.

QFC28_-xsneakyxsimx-_Cygneoie_Friseurin_2_5.car|attachment (69.9 KB)

3 Likes

Wow very nice! What great use of fixtures your design is amazing with so few! You sure know how to design.

btw I wonder what is the reason you use the single letter fixtures instead of the editable text?

2 Likes

Thanks, I like to think I at least have an decent eye when it comes to what looks correct in terms of car design. I still feel like mine tend to be very basic compared to a lot of the submissions.

Spacing mostly, I’ve always had issues with trying to get the editable text close enough without the letters looking too squished. Plus I played since the Kee Engine days so I got use to the single letter options.

The Friseurin uses a regular steel chassis and bodywork - not great for rust resistance (which wasn’t scored anyway), but it freed up some headroom in the budget for semi-active dampers and sway bars, which boosted the comfort levels considerably.

Well, most challenges will be won by such min-maxing. Since I enter in challenges with realistically built lore cars that I change as little as possible it’s no wonder that I rarely win. The only time I really built specifically for a Challenge was QFC23 and that absurdly unrealistic rocket sofa won.

My reasoning for the lack of rust resistance was that the car was made in an area where it was deemed that it wasn’t as likely to have an environment with accelerated rust conditions (near seas or oceans, snowy areas where road salts are used, etc). Whether that is realistic is debatable, but if the company wanted to cut corners but make it as comfortable and sporty as possible and maybe didn’t expect it to last for a long time, I think it could happen.

Also, bonus points if anyone wants to guess what the name of the car is in English. I translated both the company name and model name into separate languages.

New comp is up!