QFC28 - Barbie [FINALS DONE]

Did you not receive my car?

I did, sorry @SheikhMansour

Additional entries from @happyfireballman & @shibusu

And with that the round is closed, first set of reviews will be out in a day or two hopefully!

6 Likes

Aye, no worries :+1:

QFC28

Judging Round 1

BINS
@CivettaScintilla
This car didn’t have a name, that was the first issue. The other issue was the 300hp moon rocket in the rear

Long list of issues to hopefully help?

Please don’t do this, this doesnt make power, it just says it makes power, you have about 116hp to play with before boost AND vtec kicks in. Through an open diff. Use a LSD for more than 200 odd hp, you should be spooling the turbo at around 2k, maybe 2.5k rpms.

Uses race turbo headers which is one reason for a bin, as is the naming (although I don’t bin for this normally). And then there’s the all steel panels and chassis, the 2119.3$ of service costs, 20inch staggered wheels definitely feels good in 1999. Presumbly to fit the cost cap as well there’s -4 quality literally everywhere. Atleast the styling makes some sort of sense.

Lily sits down to read some online articles about some sporty convertibles and some other things that catch her eye. She saves some for later, and some more to look at again.

Actual judging in alphabetical order

@abg7
LVC LCS 2.0

The LVC LCS 2.0 focus is clearly on performance, 180hp on tap with a 6 speed manual and double wishbone suspension all round along with 50/50 weight distribution, it’s no wonder it does sacrifice some comfort for its sporty edge. The suspension tuning being a compromise for comfort and seating that might not be as plush as some other options leaves it middle of the road compared to other cars.

Not considered for Finals

@alen.alic1983
Avion Zipper by Lluma

The Avion Zipper by Lluma is a remarkable car that strikes a harmonious balance between performance and comfort, making it a standout choice in the automotive market. With its exceptional driveability stat, the Zipper delivers a driving experience that is both smooth and responsive, making it a joy to maneuver through various road conditions.

Beyond its impressive driveability, the Zipper boasts an above-average sportiness that injects a sense of excitement into every twist and turn. Whether navigating city streets or open highways, the car’s sporty nature adds an extra layer of fun to the driving experience without compromising on stability.

“Lluma has clearly put a lot of thought into creating an impressive package with the Avion Zipper” Lily thought. She saved it for later

Proceeds to Finals

@AndiD
Seongu Kando 1.3 GLC 12V

The Seongu Kando 1.3 GLC 12V is a standout vehicle that excels in several key areas, making it a compelling choice for a wide range of drivers. With its fantastic driveability, this car offers a nimble and responsive driving experience that ensures confident handling and maneuverability, making it well-suited for various road conditions.

While the sportiness might be in the average range, the Seongu Kando 1.3 GLC 12V compensates with its emphasis on high comfort. One of the car’s standout attributes is its affordability. The Seongu Kando 1.3 GLC 12V’s cost-effective ownership and low servicing expenses make it a practical choice. Additionally, the impressive fuel economy further contributes to its affordability, allowing drivers to maximize their savings at the pump. Reliability is another strong point for the Seongu Kando 1.3 GLC 12V.

“A well rounded car, in more ways than one!” Lily laughed to herself.

Proceeds to Finals

@Be_gone_thot & @Tsundere-kun
Sauveterre SC5 Turbo

The SC5 Turbo’s sportiness truly sets it apart, making it a powerhouse on the road.
Another of the car’s strengths lies in its impressive aesthetics. The Sauveterre SC5 Turbo boasts great looks that befit its sports car nature. Its design exudes a sense of speed and dynamism, making it a head-turner both on the road and at rest. To top it off the car is one of the most reliable out there, as well as safe.

“Many worries put to rest.” Lily thought.

Proceeds to Finals

@Ch_Flash
Yajirushi Kenso

Although it may not excel in sportiness, the Yajirushi Kenso car’s focus on classic looks and design details offers a nostalgic appeal that can captivate enthusiasts who appreciate the timeless elegance of vintage vehicles.

Comfort, unfortunately, is an area where the Kenso falls short.

@Danicoptero
Tarquini Millerosa CCD

The Tarquini Millerosa CCD is a car that successfully marries driveability, sporty flair, and practicality in a cute convertible hatchback package. Its affordability and impressive fuel efficiency further sweeten the deal. “Making it a standout choice for me!” Lily saved the car for later.
Proceeds to Finals

@Djadania
BetterDeals Oppenheimer

I wish I could take this seriously. I should’ve binned it. Realism was a priority and this… isn’t that.

@doot
ReWave Charlie Roadster

While the sportiness might not be its strong suit, the ReWave Charlie Roadster compensates with its focus on delivering an enjoyable and comfortable driving experience. Classic looks make for an interesting theme but ultimately it is let down by poor sportiness and average comfort.

@DuceTheTruth100
Barbie

The Barbie car stood out with it’s bright paint job, it was easy to manoeuvre and had great comfort. Past that however was a miserable experience, slow, expensive to maintain and unreliable.

Written with the help of ChatGPT, any resemblence to the dreams of real people is entirely unintended. Also, literally me. God damn 20 entries is a lot.
18 Likes

Troll complete; Return to HQ.

4 Likes

If this QFC had been about budget-friendly track-ready sports cars, the LVC LCS would have been much better-suited for the brief, but here, its high idle speed (>1000 rpm) and overly sporting demeanor (at the expense of comfort) made it seem a bit out of place, and your verdict for my entry here is reminiscent of that for mine in CSR156:

Both of them were built on the (now abandoned) Lotus philosophy of “simplify, then add lightness”; power-dense, high-revving, low-displacement (2.0L or less) normally aspirated engines with high idle speeds, squeezed into small, lightweight bodies, unencumbered by an excess of standard equipment, and tuned for razor-sharp handling - great for track driving and B-road blasts, not so much for the everyday grind.

Man, I just watched the movie (with my daughter) and I just remembered her driving around waving at people lol. So I figured she wasnt worried about being fast and 90 something hp with a smooth shifting auto was right up her alley. Boy was I wrong…damn you Barbie!!

Thanks for the info though, gotta take the good with the bad and move on to the next car.

i dont think i ever clicked the race turbo headers in that car

If you build a naturally aspirated engine and then add turbos to it for some reason the game defaults to turbo race headers. So if you didn’t check that screen before submitting there is your problem.

not a really good feature to add in game

Still, good to keep you on your toes when creating.
The turbo headers caught me off guard more than I like to remember :smiley:

2 Likes

Frfr!!

1 Like

Any news? A 5 day delay in QFC with no notification is kind of long after all…

3 Likes

My guess is that Lilly is taking the finalists for a joyride. Along the way, she decided to take a summer road trip :sunglasses:

Yeah I’m guessing a trip down the mulsanne straight has delayed things a little :thinking:

4 Likes

QFC28

Judging Round 2

Lily sits down to read some online articles about some sporty convertibles and some other things that catch her eye. She saves some for later, and some more to look at again.

Judging in alphabetical order

@happyfireballman & @shibusu

Ilaris FR

The focus on sportiness is evident, the Ilaris FR shines on curvy roads and open stretches, offering an exhilarating drive that’s sure to satisfy those seeking thrills behind the wheel. The balanced weight distribution further contributes to its poised and confident performance, enhancing stability and responsiveness.

However, this emphasis on sportiness comes at the expense of comfort.

@lotto77
Halvson Performa Nuclear Edition 2.0

While its driveability might fall slightly below average, the Halvson Performa Nuclear Edition 2.0 compensates with its impressive sportiness.
However, where it truly shines is in its commitment to great comfort.

“It looks pretty good too.”

Proceeds to Finals

@Ludvig
Toyhatsu Tanya 1.5 delSol

The Toyhatsu Tanya 1.5 delSol presents a unique and distinctive offering with its cute bubble car design, highlighted by a tastefully finished frozen pink exterior and matching pink interior. Its attributes encompass a mix of strengths and trade-offs, catering to a specific driving experience.

The standout feature of the Tanya 1.5 delSol is its amazing driveability, ensuring a nimble and responsive ride. Maneuvering through various environments should be effortless, providing drivers with a sense of confidence and ease on the road.

While the sportiness might be lacking, the Toyhatsu Tanya 1.5 delSol compensates with high comfort levels.

“Oh this one is adorable! I hope it’s just as cute in person.”

Proceeds to Finals

@mart1n2005
Knightwick Pulse 1.8

The Knightwick Pulse 1.8 offers a balanced package with a focus on driveability and practicality. Its strengths lie in its impressive driveability and sportiness, making it a suitable option for those seeking an enjoyable and responsive driving experience. Comfort, while rated as average, ensures that occupants can still enjoy a pleasant and relatively cozy interior.

“It’s a little expensive in the long run but maybe it’s worth it?”

Proceeds to Finals

@Mikonp7
Neko KRX-3 Export

The Neko KRX-3 Export presents an interesting proposition with its cute kei car design and average sportiness suggest a vehicle that might provide a somewhat enjoyable and efficient driving experience. Unfortunately, the promising start fades quickly with the Neko KRX-3 Export’s extremely poor driveability and very low comfort ratings.

@nightwave
Ibis Anodus

While the sportiness level is average, and the comfort is unfortunately low, the Ibis Anodus is cheap to service and has some style. The driveability is poor which only adds to the negatives for the Anodus.

@passengerpigeon
Bertrand A3 Monte Carlo Cabriolet

The Bertrand A3 Monte Carlo Cabriolet seems to be a car that struggles to find its identity, falling short in both its attempts at sportiness and economy. With a design that aims for a funky and economical look, it unfortunately misses the mark on both fronts, leaving a rather underwhelming impression.

The handling and performance may leave much to be desired, failing to deliver the engaging ride that one would expect from a sporty model. The car’s shortcomings extend to its comfort level.

Not considered for finals

@SayokiN
Kyukei Raiden RS

The Kyukei Raiden RS is a delightful and engaging sports cabriolet that strikes a balance between dynamic performance and driving ease. With its cheerful demeanor, this car promises to make every drive an enjoyable and spirited experience. While its sportiness shines, the Kyukei Raiden RS doesn’t compromise on comfort.

The Kyukei Raiden RS is a charming sports cabriolet that brings together above-average sportiness, good comfort, and a cheerful attitude. Its ability to provide an exhilarating yet comfortable driving experience makes it an appealing option for those who appreciate the thrill of sports driving without compromising on comfort and enjoyment.

“Lots of fun to be had with this one, it’s so cute!”

Proceeds to Finals

@SheikhMansour
Pacorus Riviere

The Pacorus Riviere presents a unique set of characteristics that cater to a specific driving experience. While its incredible driveability ensures a smooth and responsive ride, its very low sportiness might not satisfy those seeking an adrenaline-fueled journey or dynamic handling.

The standout feature of the Pacorus Riviere lies in its fantastic comfort, however, the car’s below-average looks could potentially be attributed to its unconventional bubblegum pink and blue exterior. While the intention might be to stand out, this bold color combination might not resonate with everyone.

“It looks a little awkward but it’s cute in a way, I should add it to the list to compare later.”

Proceeds to Finals

@the-chowi
FMW ZK24

The FMW ZK24 is a car that caters to those who seek a thrilling and dynamic driving experience. With high driveability and sportiness, this vehicle promises to deliver an exhilarating ride that will satisfy enthusiasts looking for excitement on the road.

The impressive combination of high driveability and sportiness ensures that the FMW ZK24 can confidently handle various driving conditions with agility and responsiveness. Its well-tuned performance components contribute to a dynamic and engaging driving experience that is sure to leave a lasting impression.

Furthermore, the ZK24 doesn’t compromise on comfort. It offers good comfort levels, making each journey a pleasant and enjoyable one.

“This one looks exciting, I’ll have to see it in person.”

Proceeds to Finals

@xsneakyxsimx
Cygneoie Friseurin 2.5

The Cygneoie Friseurin 2.5 is a well-rounded car that offers a satisfying blend of performance and comfort, making it an attractive choice for a range of drivers. The car’s above-average driveability ensures that handling is smooth and responsive, allowing for confident maneuvering in various driving scenarios.

Comfort is another strong suit of the Cygneoie Friseurin 2.5. Additionally, the car’s affordability extends to its servicing, making it a practical choice for budget-conscious individuals.

“This one’s cute, hopefully it’s nice in person too.”

Proceeds to Finals

Final competitors

@alen.alic1983
@AndiD
@Be_gone_thot & @Tsundere-kun
@Danicoptero
@lotto77
@Ludvig
@mart1n2005
@SayokiN
@SheikhMansour
@the-chowi
@xsneakyxsimx

Sorry this is taking so long, I keep putting it off. It feels like this is dog water challenge writing and involvement compared to some other stuff. I need to make improvements to my writing ability and also my spreadsheets to make more comparisons between stuff and something more interesting out of the challenges that I might host next time.
Thanks for your patience, I hope to have Finals out by the end of today or tomorrow. - Riley

Written with the help of ChatGPT, any resemblance to the dreams of real people is entirely unintended. Also, literally me.

19 Likes

I’m not surprised with the result, since I submitted a car that I was designing anyway rather than starting one specifically for the challenge, but I thought the fuel economy of the Bertrand was quite good considering the power output and year. Also, oddly enough, adjusting the suspension to make it fun to drive in BeamNG decreased the Automation sportiness stats - not that I did this in the submitted model but it still fell short.

Woo, I’m glad that I have been able to have something that is being praised for it’s service cost after all the previous challenges have had cars that are on the higher end of service costs.

2 Likes

That picture makes the Toyhatsu look 90% less derpy than it is.
I’ll be effectively offline for a week so I’m pre-passing on hosting if it becomes a game of hot potato again

You know what screw it I’m calling this a QFC1 redemption arc for the Performa. No finals there but it kinda just existed and didn’t get ranked, so it’s on the up now!!