QFC28 - Barbie [FINALS DONE]

Will you do Design or Engineering? I like doing the latter and not as good at the former.

Requiring a pink exterior color would be taking it too far, though - as an example, I’ve gone for a bright metallic blue exterior, and will stick with it unless the rules say otherwise.

Requiring pink is more extreme than even Mattel gets. A quick search returns Barbie cars in…

Purple

Silver

White

Various blues

Red

Peach

The spirit and brand of Barbie is far more than Pink. For just about all these colours, you can find another instance of an official Barbie car made by Mattel in the colour - and there are plenty more too. There’s more than just pink to the aesthetic.

6 Likes

I’ll do design then, send the car soon

Another recommendation: Advanced trim settings should be used in moderation, but changing chassis tunnel and exhaust size by any amount should be OK.

I think the 1st generation Daihatsu Copen could serve as a good inspiration

…Barbie? Can you blame me if i make a betterdeals for this one? Maybe oppenheimer will make an appearance.

4 Likes

I just got a terrible idea…

Considering making a pink convertible nucleon. Would be the perfect mix of Oppenheimer and Barbie.

12 Likes

I know it’s 1999 and people aren’t actually going to put carbs on their cars, but I for the life of me can’t figure out why DCOEs are considered race tech still.

A more genuine question, though: In realism terms, detachable hardtop roofs are more acceptable than detachable soft-top ones - and infamously, just going from detachable to manual makes things a whole lot worse stats-wise. Will we get something of a boost for better tiers of roof mechanism? If not, would I get a realism penalty for going detachable soft top?

1 Like

I could do what I did for TMCC which was add points based on the convertible “level”. There is no preference for which system, but the stats will still matter so I will be balancing it out.

I don’t say that they haven’t existed, I just say that I have never seen a VW K70, especially not in stock condition, on a racetrack.

The Solex 40 DDH they used is very similar to a Weber DCOE in its construction.

Could you slightly increase the wheelbase hard limit from 2.5 to 2.7?

That’s not slight, and no.

4 Likes

2.6 please :pleading_face:

…can Lily drive stick?

With sportiness being a key judging criterion, I’m assuming she can.

2.6m would open up a few more bodies to be available. But then I wonder if you’re getting into the next size up in car classes

For reference, the first test mule I made is built on the FR Vendetta body set, with a wheelbase of 2.3m and a soft-top body, with a manual soft top (inferior stats compared to a detachable soft top, except for prestige, but still cheaper and statistically superior to a more complex automatic soft top, hidden or not). However, I am currently still open to exploring other possibilities for my entry in this QFC.

All of the inspirations listed are 2.4m ish. I gave the .5 so more automation bodies could fit, in my opinion there’s a good selection of cars to choose from.

Lily can indeed drive stick.

2 Likes

Honestly, for '99 there are quite a few options for bodies; just cut the back seat out and you’re good. My entry’s based on the '97 small not-Benz coupe and it works quite nicely.