QFC28 - Barbie [FINALS DONE]

To retract the roof just select the transparent texture in the paint screen. That should just leave the windows, which unfortunately includes the rear glass. I got around it by making all the windows completely transparent in the paint screen and using the windshield from the Lancer Roof Mod as a filler for actual windshield.

EDIT: For the glass I used a reasonably clear headlight texture with the light portion disabled.

I’m assuming the variant year must be set to 1999 - I designed my engine accordingly, and you should do the same.

I used invisible patches to cover the side and rear windows and trim while leaving the front as normal. But I will admit it only looks good from the outside…

Yeah, I was surprised that I could get it to fit reasonably well. Last time I used it was as a back window when I couldn’t morph it enough; trying to blend it with the body was apparently beyond my skill level.

I know how to lower the convertible top using cutouts; what I wanted is a fixture that looks like a folded-away convertible top so that I can put it on the back of the car. I know such mods exist as I have seen them before.

Also, if any devs are reading this, please consider altering the convertible car bodies in a future update so that the side window, rear window and windshield glass textures occupy separate slots; that way we can just blank the textures in paint mode without having to use cutouts on certain windows.

Not sure why you’d have an earlier variant year as it puts you at a disadvantage but still, I didn’t specify in the rules so I’ll allow it

15 Likes

Wondering where these things all went since you last saw one in the wild back in 2011 or so? Come on down to Trusted Auto Sales of Belasco City for your best (and possibly last) chance to snag a final-generation Bertrand A3 that hasn’t been beat to hell and junked like the others! And this ain’t just any old A3; it’s the Monte Carlo sport trim in cabriolet form, built in 1999, with the standard 2.4L fuel-injected sport motor making 171hp, 5-speed stick shift, advanced suspension, CD stereo, and optional leather seats added on top of that. But that’s not all - this car is a TURNKEY example needing NO WORK to be daily driven, super clean with super low miles, ice-cold A/C and everything works as it should both inside and out. Only $5,200* or best offer to take home this rare classic! NO, we will not repaint it something other than pink if you pay us extra - arrange that yourself. Act fast, because if this thing is still on the lot ten days from now it’s going to the demo derby like that other one.

TRUSTED AUTO SALES - NO CAR’S TOO OLD or too far gone for us to make a deal on!

*Current resale value for RP purposes; newbuild cost in Automation is higher but still under 15K.

5 Likes

1999 Seongu Kando GLC 1.3i 12V

To stimulate interest into the third incarnation of their Kando city car late into the model’s lifecycle in the late 90s, Korean economy car manufacturer Seongu offered the choice of somewhat more extravagant colours right from the factory. They also offered a two-seater manual targa top coupe version of the Kando instead of the more boxy and somewhat utilitarian five-seaters.

No, I did not go full cliché… not at all…

Seongu’s signature 1.3 litre 3-cylinder engine also received a sporty 12V variant, approaching 90 hp in naturally aspirated form, giving the Kando convertible a 0-100 time of just below 10 seconds.

3 Likes

…I think all of your fixtures shrunk in the Barbie™ Car Wash.

8 Likes
is anyone even going to read this? I guess I'll just put a spaceship here (_)(_):::::::::::D~~

1999 Halvson Performa Nuclear Edition 2.0

New for 1999, the Nuclear edition brings out finest NG series 5 cylinder, limited "Turbine" wheels, special contrast colour trims, a new and more effective heater, standard fog lights, and special limited edition paint options*

The Performa itself is nothing to sneeze at, too. Partial aluminium construction, advanced suspension and engine tech, and carefully designed aerodynamics make it a comfortable and engaging sports car.

Available now for $15,000 AMU, call your nearest Halvson dealer or visit us on the world wide web at www.halvson.com for more details.

*Optional Supercritical Blue paint shown here, standard paint option is U-238 Green.
6 Likes

The Barbie Coupe

Perfect for her and a friend, or her and Ken.

2 Likes

Is there any chance you could post a .car file like with that car you submitted to the French car challenge? I can post my Bertrand if anybody wants too. (Side note, although the buggy was an obvious troll post in that context, it would actually be a decent competitor to the Mini Moke if you added power ignition).

1 Like

Toyhatsu Tanya 1.5 delSol

Based on the Tanya kei hatchback, the delSol has an automatic folding hardtop, for No More Rainy Days!
Big engine makes it fast…enough to follow traffic.

Get ya tan on

(Lashes are optional, for the truly Fabulous)

The trunk opens like a pickup truck, and comes with a cushion for enjoying life at the beach:

Whack priorities are fun

2 Likes

Sure, might as well.
QFC28_-Djadania-_BetterDeals_Oppenheimer.car|attachment (82.3 KB of Nuke)

1 Like

1999 Avion Zipper by Lluma

Say hello to the new Zipper. Created to be the nippy italian convertible, this special edition has been created with the input of the famous design house Lluma.

Avion is on the mission to make all eyes that view the Zipper, smile with joy.

It does not matter if the sun is shining, or the rain is ruining a perfect summer day. The Zipper will make you feel good on every occasion.

The rest

8 Likes
ReWave Charlie Roadster

One of many shitty retro throwbacks from the late 90s, this Charlie Roadster is sure to break down and disappoint you!

3 Likes

Errr… I believe Sunday is the 6th of August. Is the deadline then on Monday?

1 Like

1999 Sauveterre SC-5 Turbo

Collaboration with @Tsundere-kun

For Barbie AND Ken!!

we dont talk about weird barbie though
a
19 Likes

Heh I love managing to mess up all the dates.
Monday, we’ll go with Monday as that’s the correct date. So the 8th.

1 Like