QFC32 - Rally in Romania!

First QFC
Previous QFC

INTRO

A warm, sunny day in Bucharest! The kind that makes you want to laze about, and play in the grass! Wait hold up, a second… Lazing! Not in my factory! So said the manager of Bucharest Milling Factory 7, the premier milling factory in Bucharest’s north-north west side. Irita has been one of the factory’s leading millers, operating machinery that milled just absolute loads of wheat. All this work has earned her quite a pretty leu, which she intends to spend on something extravagant. That’s right. A sports car! Rally is the most popular motorsport in Romania, and she intends to top the podium! But she can only afford one car so make sure it functions as a regular city car too.

Inspirations

The name of the car leads to a page which lists its technical specifications!
Skoda 130 RS

Melkus RS 1000

Lada VFTS (couldn’t find any specs for this one sorry!)

Trabant 601 RS

Wartburg 353 W

Fiat Abarth 850 TC

Mini Cooper S

Rules
Car model year: Any
Car trim year: 1977 or earlier
Engine family year: Any
Engine variant year: 1977 or earlier
Engine family: No V16
Aspiration: Naturally aspirated only.
Fuel system: Leaded Regula
Drivetrain: No manual locker or automatic locker
Safety: at least Standard 1960’s
Max price: $9,000
Quality: Min -5 Max +5 per tab
Tech pool: +3 on everything. You can copy the values here and then paste it in game!
Make sure game is in stable branch!

Techpool

Techpool
Family,3.0
BottomEnd,3.0
TopEnd,3.0
Aspiration,3.0
FuelSystem,3.0
Exhaust,3.0
Body,3.0
Chassis,3.0
Interior,3.0
DriverAssists,3.0
Safety,3.0
DriveTrain,3.0
Tyres,3.0
Brakes,3.0
Aerodynamics,3.0
Suspension,3.0

Priorities
imageimageimage

Acceleration
Sportiness
Reliability
Service Cost

imageimage
Top speed
Safety
Comfort
Brake Power

Drivability
Fuel economy
Off Road
Purchase Price

Submission
Name the car model and engine family to: QFC32 - username
Submit your car by messaging me on this forum!
Rules delibration will end on September 28th, 1 PM UTC, at which point submissions will be open!

Submissions will close on October 3rd, 1 PM UTC!

This is my first challenge I’m hosting please tell me if anything’s wrong!

5 Likes

With the recent drop of the open beta, it would be good to know if it will be held in OB or stable version.

1 Like

Stable branch!!

4 Likes

are price, service costs and safety priorities at all? because that’s usually the case for cheap cars

Wow you’re right I totally forgot about that haha! updated the priorities

Is specifying a techpool so necessary?

I thought it’d be cool because Romanian cars in the 1970’s wouldn’t have as big of a tech pool as other countries with higher tech car industries but I can change it if people don’t like it!!!

Personally I have no issues with the lower techpool, for what it’s worth.

Techpool is fine IMO. I don’t know if 9000 is a little restrictive at +3 tp or if it works in this class though.

The techpool allocation of +3 everywhere makes sense given the setting of this QFC - Eastern Bloc carmakers were not expected to have as much access to advanced technologies as their Western and East Asian counterparts.

Is looking like a rally car important? Or are the more the road version the rally car is based on?

Type of drive - front?

In the absence of a rule prohibiting it you can assume it is allowed, but would be a bad idea.

I can’t see how, front wheel drive rally cars did very well in the era before awd and turbos. In fact a few of the inspirations are front wheel drive too

The style can be rally car or stock!

Front wheel drive is totally ok :slight_smile: A lot of rally cars were

Hey everyone I updated the rules. :slight_smile: Changed some of the priorites around and added a ban on manual and automatic locker! I can’t think of any other rules to change!

One question, are we allowed to use our own manufacturers even if they aren’t from the Eastern Bloc? Just wondering…

That’s totally ok!!

Thanks a ton!

Hello, I am sorry but how do I submit a car I have never done a challenge before and what would you like me to submit the automation file or the beamng drive file?