QFC32 - Rally in Romania!

My entry is not FF (front-engined front-drive), MR (mid-engined rear-drive), or even RR (rear-engined, rear-drive), but FR (front-engined, rear-drive) - it just happens to be a two-seater sports coupe whose sloping nose is reminiscent of a contemporary mid-engined sports car or supercar.

Well, this was a remarkable training in the Challenge section, plus the scientific method of poking.

Although I won’t reveal the playing cards, keep thinking that’s a carton box.

It would be strange to do a rear-engined plus front-wheel drive, for better weight distribution, besides, ears would be needed for normal cooling.

6 hours left! Better hurry to get your entry in!

Iirc “ears” us referring to the vents on ZAZs, right?

2 Likes
Made by RAZR Made by RAZR

Euromanda 160R

Low budget, European made, Japanese rally-esque coupé.
2 Likes

Just a reminder: The deadline for entries closed 6 hours ago.

'77 Saberin Solsti 1500 S

Eh, what more do you need in a car than an engine that revs, seats that cushion and a vehicle that moves. All for 9000$.

Submissiosn are now closed thanks everyone for submitting :slight_smile:

RESULTS

After a tough week of milling, Irita takes the tram down to Rahova to visit Bucharest’s number one car dealership in the southwest side.

Couraguex 3 Rallye

Very high drivability and good fuel economy, however it’s the slowest, and is average everywhere else.

Epoch 2.1

Reliable with cheap service costs. Has very good speed, safety, and comfort, but low drivability. For some reason has 5 seats.

LVC LF180 Rallye

Good comfort, sportiness, and reliability, however slow top speed and average elsewhere.

Mara Irena 2.5 SSE Rally

Very quick acceleration, very high sportiness and reliablity, highest speed, high comfort, and drivability, but high service costs, and worst fuel economy and offroad. A lot of quality points throughout. Vey high cooling factor.

Moravia Jestrab 1700R

Fastest acceleration and highest sportiness, but very bad reliability and expensive service costs. Very low comfort, safety, and off road. Lots of negative quality points. Looks very cool!

Fowler Spaniel 152 Carbine BS

Highest reliability and cheapest service costs, quick acceleration and good sportines and fuel economy. Average speed and drivability. Very cool stripes.

Delica Brumier LE

Cheap service costs and high top speed, but slow acceleration and low reliability. Very low comfort and drivability. Looks like an American muscle car.

CATNAZ 34 – 065 Clock Rivierra storm

Very low acceleration, sportiness, but highest drivability and fuel economy. Average service costs, speed, and comfort. Only space frame in the group.

Euromanda160R

Very slow acceleration and top speed, very low reliability and expensive service costs, but good fuel economy. Lots of negative quality points, and features 100% brake cooling, Only ladder frame of the group.

SM Solsti 1500 S

Highest comfort but highest service costs. Average acceleration and sportiness, but low top speed.

Here are the results

results

10th. @RAZR Euromanda160R
9th. @Maverick74 Moravia Jestrab 1700R
8th. @shibusu SM Solsti 1500 S
7th. @kalan CATNAZ 34 – 065 Clock Rivierra storm
6th. @Prime_Moss Delica Brumier LE
5th. @mart1n2005 Courageux 3 Rallye
4th. @abg7 LCV LF180 Rallye
3rd. @xsneakyxsimx Epoch 2.1
2nd. @AndiD Mara Irena 2.5 SSE Rally
1st @Ludvig Fowler Spaniel 152 Carbine BS

Fun facts!
8 of the entries features a monocoque chassis. The Euromanda160R has a ladder frame, and the CATNAZ 34 – 065 Clock Rivierra storm has a space frame.

There were 3 FWD cars, the CATNAZ, Euromanda, and Courageux.

The Courageux, Epoch 2.1, CATNAZ, Euromanda, and SM Solsti all features more than 2 seats.

The most common interior was standard, with 7 entries, and the other 3 being basic. Thee most common entertainment option was Basic 8-track, followed by Standard AM. 2 cars features no entertainment at all.

50/50 split between standard and progressive springs.

Every car has either MacPherson Strut or Double Wishbone front suspension, with a wide variety of rear suspension choices.

11 Likes

A tie for 1st? So should there be a tiebreaker to separate them?

Sorry that was a typo :sweat:

Guess I shouldn’t have “rebuilt” an old low budget eco car. I kept going back in tabs and finding stuff that doesn’t belong. I wasn’t that thorough then. :face_with_peeking_eye:

Cause it was said it would still function as a regular city car, so I wanted to make sure it had some room for passengers

1 Like

A good first time hosting indeed.

Yay thanks I had fun :slight_smile:
btw if anyone wants a more in depth review and tips about their car please let me know!

3 Likes

I could have given my car a 2.0L engine and gained a useful 10 bhp without adding too much weight, but it may not have changed the final result.

Anyway, I’ll host QFC33 if none of the top 3 can host it - but in the meantime, I’ll wait for an announcement from them regarding hosting duties.

Thanks for hosting!
I figured the Spaniel would be another middle of the road entry, but still no replacement for displacement.
Passing on to @AndiD as I won’t have computer access for another 3-4 days

Good news, I’ll have some time the week after the next, so I should be able to host. Have an idea or two, expect the QFC33 draft in a day or two…

4 Likes

QFC33 is up: QFC33 - Good News! [RULES DELIBERATION]