QFC48 - Genesis of Eurosport [DONE]

The Constellation N7 Series. Performance Anyone Can Handle.

New for 1974, the Constellation N7 series adopts front wheel drive that provides every driver with enhanced stability and predictability in handling. Now you don’t have to be a race car driver to feel like one. A fully independent suspension offers enhanced road-holding and comfort. And with your choice of engines and interior trims, there’s an N7 for every budget and taste.

4 Likes

1974 Paige Sora Sport 2000

Information

Introduced in 1973, the Paige Sora was a member of a new global platform from Turbol. The platform was designed primarily by Homura, the first new vehicle from the Japanese marque after their integration into the Turbol umbrella in the late 1960s, however American and European oversight made sure the platform could be truly global. Designed to be robust and inexpensive, the small hatchback would be RWD, utilizing front suspension from the larger European-designed Paige Sparrow, with a trusty solid rear axle.

In the European market, it would be badged as the Paige Sora, and production for Europe would take place primarily in Turbol’s new Seville, Spain manufacturing plant. While 1973 was not a good year for sales of any new car, the small, cheap, and practical Sora proved to be a valuable addition to the lineup during the difficult years ahead.

Upon introduction, the hottest variant of the Sora was the TC1600. The TC1600 was powered a somewhat exotic Turból-tuned twin-cam 1.6 liter engine making 105 hp, sent through a 5 speed transmission, with 4 wheel disc brakes, bolstered front sport seats, sports steering wheel, additional instrumentation, and sport-tuned suspension with monotube dampers. Appearance-wise, the TC1600 received wider 13" wheels with 175/70r13 radial tires, sport-trim black and red bumpers with integrated front turn signals, blackout trim around the rear window glass, a rear spoiler, rear wiper, a lower front valance, rally lights, and a twin snorkel ram-air fascia above the grille.

The TC1600 would last only one year, replaced in 1974 by the Sport 2000. The costly twin-cam engine increased the price of the TC1600 too much for many buyers in 1973, so the Sport 2000 looked to offer a similar package at lower cost. Taking advantage of the RWD layout and the similarities in front clip design with the larger Sparrow, that twin-cam engine was replaced with a larger, brand new engine for Turbol’s European operations, an iron block, aluminum head SOHC I4, displacing 1998cc in this application. While less racy and revvy than the smaller twin-cam, it required only minor changes from the regular production engine (valve springs, intake manifold, and exhaust) to produce similar hp, 100, and much more torque at lower rpm, 110 lb-ft at just 3600 rpm. The flexibility of the new engine, paired with a ZF non-overdrive 5 speed, allowed the Sport 2000 to match or best the TC1600’s acceleration figures with a longer final drive, improving fuel economy as well. Aesthetically, the ram-air snorkels remained, albeit of dubious performace value feeding just a single 1-bbl carburetor, and a rather loud graphics package was made as an available extra to further stand out from lesser trims.

Specifications

Body: 5 door, 5 passenger hatchback
Engine: 1998cc SOHC I4, 8 valve, 1x1bbl carburetor
Drive: RWD, 5 speed
Suspension: Front double wishbone, Rear solid axle with coil springs
Engine Output: 100 hp, 111 lb-ft
Weight: 894 kg
0-100 kph: 8.3 s
Top Speed: 184 kph
Fuel Consumption: 23.1 MPG combined

30 Likes

The 1974 Esoteria LS-4
Striking lines combine with utility to create a melding of purpose and need.
A responsive, 1.95l i4 producing 108bhp
4 doors, opening wide for ease of entrance.
A large rear cargo area, to store everything you need.
.88g of grip, to handle any corner at speed.
All the modern convenience.
All of it the Esoteria LS4
Starting at 13800.
(tbh i lost morivation on this for half the time so it isnt as good as i’d like, but here it is, ill include the file if anyone wants to fix it or use it.)
QFC48-bdub1_-_Esoteria_LS4.car (40.8 KB)

8 Likes

Proper. image

2 Likes

15 Likes

1974 HAAI Courant

The refreshed HAAI Courant features a smaller 2L V6 engine than it's predecessor, but thanks to it's mechanical fuel injection, it remains as peppy as ever. The roof has now been replaced with a folding leather soft-top, making it a convenient convertible for any weather, as well as lightening the car to allow for more spirited driving.

Additional images

© 1974 Hetvesian Auto-Aviation Incorporation

10 Likes
MAINLINE ENTRIES CLOSED

Resubmissions from existing entrants and ads will be accepted for a grace period lasting until noon (12:00 PM) CST, 09/22/2024.

Additional entries received from:

@oldmanbuick
@donutsnail
@bdub1
@Est_Nbmstr

and

@supersaturn77.

Due to prior agreement, I will accept an entry from @Hilbert & @happyfireballman if presented within the aforementioned grace period.

Ads still awaited from
@mart1n2005
@Tsundere-kun
@supersaturn77

3 Likes

Long Live The Queen! :uk:

Introducing the Queenland Elizabeth, made for her majesty and for the empire of which the sun never sets

3 Likes

This one has a whiff of Talbot Sunbeam Lotus about it - both are FR hot hatches in a world where FF was becoming the norm for this kind of car, and easily capable of punching far above their weight.

1974 Knightwick K4/2 Cabriolet

Knightwick’s small family car would usually only be available with a 1275cc engine.
The limited run 2000 however used the 1998cc 16v “speed” engine producing 114bhp@5500rpm.

Changes to the 2000 model include larger 14" wheels with wider 165/70R tyres, front disc brakes and performance shock absorbers.

Due to it’s small size the cabriolet is a strict two seater car with the roof stowed where the rear seats would normally be, this does mean luggage space isn’t compromised so this is still a practical car.

11 Likes

Hey, uhh, what about me? I’ve sent you a car, I’m pretty sure :thinking:

Okay, I checked and not only I’ve indeed sent it, but I see you’ve also dowloaded it, so now I’m less worried :smile: (will post an ad soon)

Cascina Oleandro

Details
  • 1.8l 2 barrel carbureted DOHC V4, full aluminum construction, 110hp

• 5 speed manual transmission, 0-100 kmh in 7.6s, 0.94g cornering grip

• 2+2 seating, with stereo included as standard

• 21.6MPG combined

• Dynamic tyres fitted as standard

• $11,000 MSRP

Gallery

15 Likes

How did you make a V4 engine in automation?

By the magic of :sparkles: pretending :sparkles:

8 Likes

I think you used a flat-four to simulate a V4, but other than that, it actually looks like a scaled-down Alfa Montreal.

Hold your phone however you like, this should look and work correctly anyway.

(Is this some lazily modified CSS from the PZS thread? Maybe :P)
Zavir Saetta 1900 Veloce
The new Saetta is Zavir's latest family car, but the new Saetta 1900 Veloce is our latest family sportscar, a class which is our specialty. It couples the daily practicality of a 4-door and 5-seat sedan body with the driving thrill, power and flair of a playful coupe. In the back you have the space for your family or friends and their baggage, and underneath that a fully independent suspension, giving you unmatched predictability and balance. In the front you have the latest evolution of our famous Twin Cam engine, an injected 1.9 litre unit producing a sportscar worthy 142 hp, and a bit behind it - a high quality interior with a tachometer and an 8-track player as standard equipment. And to top it all off, the 1900 Veloce comes standard with 14" magnesium rims and disc brakes on all 4 wheels, ventilated in the front for superior braking consistency. You can not only enjoy driving your Zavir - you can also rely on it while doing so.
Zavir Saetta 1900 Veloce in numbers, as pictured:

12 900 AM$
4.13 x 1.66 m / 2.47 m wheelbase
894 kg
142 hp @ 6700 rpm
174 Nm @ 4900 rpm
9.9 l/100km
7.2 s 0-100 km/h
220 km/h
49.1 m 100-0 km/h

© Zavir Automobili 2024, or sth like that, IDK why you're even reading that bit
13 Likes

gROUND ZERO: BINs

So, uh… Yeah, it’s just this car. The company had an internal management scandal where unsold cars were re-VINed as newer model-year ones, some as much as 4 years older than claimed , which constituted malpractice and fraud. And this one also caught on fire, so there’s that.

(Actual bin reason: Trim Year 1970. Without the rule breach, this car would have been somewhere in the top half of entries; A worthy effort with good practicality, sportiness and performance - and cheap upkeep.)

Actual reviews coming soon; cross my heart, hope to die, stick a needle in my eye.

25 Likes

yakuza

34 Likes

I love how this has more likes than the actual post for the brief

2 Likes