QFC49 - The New Family Car

Submissions are now open. Budget has been dropped again to $25,000. Manual transmissions have been given a $500 credit. Body options have been returned to SUV, Wagon, and Hatchback only. Toe rules have been adjusted. ATS rules on wheel/tire remain but ATS for body z and ride height can exceed the soft rule with prior approval via DM.

7 Likes

It has come to my attention that pushrod suspension and mid or rear engine layouts need to be attended to in the price adjustments. Please hold for further updates this evening.

I did not think these would be relevant in an SUV challenge but here we are

4 Likes

Ugh who would use that in an SUV

You could simply make off-road more of a priority and let the chips fall where they may. I mean, that is what you’re looking for, right?

Suspension type options have been updated to account for mid/rear options and pushrod. Staggered tires are no longer allowed. Submissions are open.

LITERALLY JEEP FUCKING CHEROKEE

22 Likes

Nice Hyundai :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I wanna quickly ask, would using low-quality unleaded be binworthy? It is what would suit the engine I’m working on for lore reasons, and you should be able to put a higher octane in instead anyway, right?

No problem with that.

3 Likes

'90 AMS Antero 4.0 4x4

All the rugged 4x4 offroader you need for just $20k AMU.

2 Likes

Archana-Dalluha Car Factory (ADAZ) presents…

1990 ADAZ 55265

With the fall of the Iron Curtain in 1990, Archana and Dalluha were finally able to export to the West without the paperwork circus of subsidaries like Norðwagen. At the Archana-Dalluha Car Factory (ADAZ), some trendy young executives returned from their first allowed trip abroad, with reports that civilized offroaders were rapidly becoming fashionable. So the decision was made to take an ancient offroader chassis, the type 5526, and heavily modernize it with an eye towards Western sales.

The formerly body-on-frame construction was redesigned into a somewhat heavy, overbuilt semi-unibody design. Exposed door hinges were reworked to normal car-type ones. The fold-down windshield and removable roof were also integrated with the body. Leaf-sprung solid axles at both ends were replaced with coil-sprung rear and heavy-duty double-wishbone front suspensions.

The spartan interior was to be completely reworked by DCMW’s Interior division, but scheduling constraints meant that ADAZ’ own staff had to spruce up the old one. Never the types to overthink a problem, the solution here was to take surplus DCMW Al-Qabila Standard station wagon seats, a quantity of foam and mass-loaded vinyl, a quantity of vodka, and an off-the-shelf Premium CD player, cobble it all together, et voila.

The engine was similarly reworked; a 3.4L iron/iron OHV straight-six design dating back to the 1950s was remastered with a high-quality Electronic Fuel Injection system. The 4-speed transmission was replaced with a 5-speed, though the original non-differential two-speed transfer case was retained.

Priced at $22500

11 Likes

Anyone know how to increase WES? I’m stuck on WES 6 no matter what I do

EDIT: Turns out cam profile influences emissions so I just lowered it a little bit and got to WES 7

Also, if go to the fuel system tab, and have a catalytic converter installed, setting the emissions optimization level to 4 or 5 should do the trick.

1990 Pittsburgh Pioneer

With 180 horses at your beck and call, and the technology to make full use of them, there is no frontier too challenging for the Pittsburgh Pioneer.

With Helical AWD battle tested by WRC and the Baja 1000 for tough trails, optional 5 speed automatic transmission for highway and city driving, a maximum carrying capacity of 3,390 kg for sound systems and other heavy loads, and 3,390 liters of space to haul the kids when you need to do so, there’s little the Pioneer can’t do.

We know you’ll likely never need to make full use of these capabilities, but it’s better to have them than to lack them when you really need them.

Gallery

5 Likes

1990 Fennic OverTour

our first entry into the family SUV market is finally ready.
We used out trusted 4.7L V6 and our knowledge of heavy trucks to make a uniquely affordable family SUV.

Integrated bumpers front and rear allow for less overhang and a sleek look, accompanied by the alloy rims gives the OverTour a sleek modern look.

Reliable Mechanical fuel injection and coil over Live axels make the OverTour a great daily driver while the clutched LSDs allow ease of driving and off-roading with out having to get out and dirty your clothes.

QFC47-PhirmEggPlant_-Fenic-_Overtour.car|attachment (28.8 KB)

Edit I fixed the name before submitting to host

5 Likes
12 Likes

It may be built on what could soon become a legacy body set (whose origins date back to the Kee era), but you got the rugged 4x4 look right with it, inside and out.

it a fucking SPORTS JOOP!!!

QFC49_-chaedder-Gladiator_Tomahawk.car|attachment (88.0 KB)
go on. steal it. steal the fucking sports joop. you wouldn’t.

more info or whatevs

under the angry red exterior and behind the fat american v8, this is a rebadged and reengineered 1970’s french nugget. he makes 244 horsepower and will get to 60mph in 7.7 seconds. Sports car performance and rugged offradability with very few compromises!

10 Likes

Its wheel design (a variant from the TIMS offroad rim modpack) is the same one I used on the LVC LS60, whose most recent revision is shown here - I found it to be just as well-suited for use on performance cars in general, especially higher-end and/or retro-styled ones. I wish there was a center-lock version of it, though.

Zephorus Autos

Presents the
1990 Zephorus Rossi
King of the Urban Jungle

Specification

These cars are not a real product of any manufacturer, any likeness or other similarities to real brands is purely coincidence. Actual model may change in final submission.
15 Likes