Since I’m really interested at the idea of AI car companies in this game, as well as management in general, here are some things I’ve been wondering about the game for a while:
- Will we be able to purchase AI car companies?
- Will we be able to rebrand AI car models?
- Can you start the game as a subsidary of a major car conglomerate?
- Will AI companies be able to buy you out?
- Will there be AI companies exclusive to certain regions?
As this is still something in the design phase, all these answers are subject to change, but what we’re thinking at the moment is…
- Not sure
- Possibly, but unsure how exactly the mechanics of it would work
- Just like your own company they will export to certain regions, but may expand to other regions as time goes on.
Since the developers have various games as their example, I think it will be possible to take over other companies and thus their models, factories etc.
Also I think you will be able to buy shares in other companies, as this was one of the strategies in OpenTTD (or Transport Tycoon Deluxe)
Though, as for the car tycoon part of the game, a lot has still to be developed.
Could you buy just parts from AI companies- if say you wanted an AI company to supply engines to your company.
There will be an engine market (certain) and (most probably) a car platform market which allows you to buy finished designs where you can change fixtures and extras, as well as modify model specifics.
Actually, that would be really neat. If you could buy out companies for their technology, Ford bought Volvo, produced the five-hundred. Subaru bought Saab (though not sure if they took any of the tech). Kia/Hyundai was hiring Honda techs (from what I was reading) to design their motors since 06 etc.
Or if you could buy parts direct from other companies (or produce them for other companies). The long standing joke with trucks here is if you could have the Cummins Diesel (Dodge) with the Allison Transmission (Chevy) on a Ford frame, you’d have the perfect truck.