Quick Fire Challenge 2

1975 DURENDAL HAVANA BROUGHAM

Just your typical American luxo-barge with a 350 cid V8… kind of.

10 Likes

@SheikhMansour Can we get some word on if we are expected to be following US regulations? Bumpers, headlights, indicators and such?

Does this mean that we can go below 45k or is 45k a hard lower limit?

Also, is realism important for this round?

1 Like

While the challenge is US style, I don’t know enough about US-specific lighting regulations to enforce this. Just make sure I can see at least one indicator from any angle.

$45k isn’t a hard limit; if you somehow make the best car in the comp on less than that, it’ll win.

3 Likes

For anyone wondering, US regs for lighting were that all cars needed side markers as well as front facing directional markers. You could accomplish this with separate lights or a single housing that wrapped around the corner (basically what the host said… as long as it’s visible from any angle). Front markers were amber, rear markers were most often red, though rears could also be amber under the rules.

4 Likes

1975 Union Magistrate

Just your average 1970's luxury sedan.

Specifications:

440ci (7.2L) V8 with a single 4-Barrel carburetor (Engine designation: UN-M1-44)
225 HP @ 4600 RPM
391.6 nm @ 3200 RPM
ZAURTEK 3A 3-speed automatic transmission in an FR layout
Double Wishbone / Solid Axle Leaf
0-60 in 11.9 seconds
Top Speed: 133 MPH
High end, four speaker AM/FM/8-Track entertainment system.
Front and Rear 3 wide leather wrapped bench seats, and wood trim panelling.
Alloy Wheels

MSRP of $38,200

The .car file is on the way, I still have some engineering I need to iron out.

7 Likes

Presenting… The 1973 Pentasol Super Deluxe. It only gets 148 HP from its 4L V12. It only hits 112 mph. It takes almost 15 seconds to hit 60 mph, it runs a quarter mile in a hair under 20 seconds, and it uses almost the entire budget… So why should you buy it?

Because it’s the ultimate luxobarge. It has the most modern safety features attainable, and an exquisitely-crafted, high-end interior. Driving it feels like being on a cloud, and every possible need is taken care of. Four exquisite, high-end speakers are mated to a smooth, intuitive 8-track tape deck. All effort has been taken to insulate the riders from noise, vibration and harshness - that V12 is perfectly smooth, and whisper-quiet; the sound dedening insulates users from all noise not prevented by the reverse-flow mufflers. Pentasol: A Truly Five Star Experience.

4 Likes

“IT’S BEIGE.”
-some magazine somewhere idk

'74 Rivera Pavise ES

That’s what they all say about this thing. And you know, they’re not wrong.
It’s not quite beige in colour, and it doesn’t only come in beige, But it is very much beige in every other way.

It’s not very exciting, even by Rivera’s current standards, It’s not quite outlandish at all, It doesn’t quite go quick. It’s just an old living room on wheels.

It has a state of the art 8-track tape player and high quality upholstery, But at this price range, What car doesn’t?

Only about 130 hp out of a 3.6l Inline 6. Wow. How exciting.
Well, that’s all you’re getting. The EPA would’ve been really mad at us if we dropped in that sweet, sweet 7.2 V8, so get used to it.

It’s gonna need to take a while in the slow lane, and then you’ll have to keep the throttle pinned, as it cannot go much faster than highway speeds… ever. The 3 Speed automatic doesn’t help much, either.

Oh well, At least it’s only $38000 AMU.

RIVERA

"car"
9 Likes

FMC LL500

Delivers on comfort!

• cloud-smooth fully-independent, air suspension with double-wishbone front, and semi-trailing arm rear.
  • 4 Speed Auto with overdrive
  • Clean-running undersquare 5.0L SOHC V8, with Mechanical fuel injection. 196HP and 241 ft-lbs of torque.
    0-60 is sufficient at 11.0 sec

The LL is 1975 State-of-the-Art

7 Likes

AMS Starjet 4.0

170bhp 4.0l MFI I6
4-speed automatic gearbox
Genuine leather and wood trim
High-quality 8-track player
Hydro-pneumatic suspension
$35k AMU

4 Likes

1975 Mayflower Sixth Avenue

Released just after the oil crisis with the hopes that such a crisis would never happen again, the Sixth Avenue is Mayflower’s flagship full-size luxury sedan. It has a well-equipped luxurious interior, six seats, and a 440 cid V8. The car was not exactly advanced, with its solid rear axle, three-speed automatic transmission and the interior which looked like your grandpa’s living room. However, it did its job until customers decided that they have had it with big American gas guzzlers, forcing Mayflower to downsize their cars to stay competitive in the market.

Today, most Sixth Avenues are either driven by grandpas, rappers, or youngtimer enthusiasts in Europe. A modest end for a not-so-modest car.

17 Likes

There are 42 hours left!

I have submissions from:
@Madrias
@NoahC
@GassTiresandOil
@AMuteCrypt
@TheLapTopX20
@TheYugo45GV
@Lanson
@abg7
@S_U_C_C_U_L_E_N_T

4 Likes

That B%@ is nice!!

2 Likes

Wanna get driven on a cloud with your head in the clouds ? Say no more.
Get yourself a refined BMA Faste 812 Laundalet, and get yourself pampered by the 8.0L V12, the hydropneumatic suspension, and the luxurious seats. Time to treat yourself, because you deserve it. And if ever you are in a hurry, the 304 hp released by the engine should be enough to bring yourself early. So come in, and get yourself in the Faste lane.

PS

Faste = déploiement de magnificence (Deployment/Display of magnificence)

5 Likes

This challenge is now closed

2 Likes

I adore your harsh car. Due exactly such variants like the Faste V12 Landalet, then might to start loving sedans.

1 Like

Review Time!

@Madrias - Bricksley Grand Warden: An understated yet stately luxury sedan with creamy torque down low. Rarely has a petrol engine been so resistant to revs.

@NoahC - Yinzer Emperor: Fast V12s are a favourite, but this one’s too loud for the segment. An aluminium block hurts reliability too. It’s a good car otherwise.

@AMuteCrypt - Pentasol Super Deluxe: The luxury is unmatched. The pinkness, equally so. The safety claim’s a lie, though, and the V12’s oh so slow.

@TheLaptopX20 - Rivera Pavise ES: Eighteen and a half feet of shiny sepia tone, a woefully undersized engine, lazy front brakes, and middling safety. Cheap, though.

@TheYugo45GV - Union Magistrate: Very long. Very reliable. Not all that luxurious. A sheriff/magistrate’s car for sure. Front bench is an asset for drive-in movies.

@GassTiresandOil - Durendal Havana Brougham: It’s supremely comfortable, supremely safe, and faster than a cruise liner. What more can you ask for? FWD ain’t good for burnouts, though.

@Lanson - FMC LL500: Good grip, best stopping distance, two doors. Could be the sporty option but for power and some rear brake fade. Very much the value option.

@Abg7 - AMS Starjet 4.0 Deluxe: An inline six with V8 power? AMS gets close, but for cars as big as these is it enough? Lovely cream interior, not so lovely Mac struts.

@S_U_C_C_U_L_E_N_T - Mayflower Sixth Avenue: Breaking News: The EPA closes down Mayflower factory for emissions violations. (Presence and power can’t beat the feds.)

@Bbestdu28 - BMA Faste Landaulet 812: A landaulet! Fancy! A brutish V12 to pull by far the heaviest vehicle here. Feisty! And woefully underpowered brakes. Scary!

Results

Winner: @GassTiresandOil
Second: @NoahC
Third: @abg7
Fourth: @AMuteCrypt

8 Likes

3rd place isn’t so bad in hindsight - I didn’t expect a car with so little power (and one which had a more space-efficient strut front suspension) for its weight to do so well. Anyway, I will host the next round if no other player is willing to do so.

^^ Even the brakes are comfortable for my car X).
Just for my curiosity, by how far my car is the heaviest ? (2.3T of luxury)
(And I feel @S_U_C_C_U_L_E_N_T , the Faste’s emissions were just under the limit, it has been stressful every time I was modifying something, the fear to exceed this limitation)