Race of the Century - A Le Mans Challenge [RESULTS RELEASED]

Unfortunately the Tarske Doce LMH was lost in an accident today and the project has been cancelled. It’s unclear at the moment if another car will replace it or if this is the end of the Tarske LMH program.

(I had to reset my laptop and I lost all my cars, I don’t really feel like starting again from 0 right now)

about that. Part of my logic behind having a slightly deeper diffuser is that this car is V8 powered and therefore has a bit more horizontal openness than what porsche can do with the flat sixes. There’s the two tunnel ish areas next to the oil pan that would usually be filled with exhaust piping that are more open due to the exhaust manifold being a bit higher up in a knot set up like pagani does to get the tips out above the diffuser.

it may be a bit more flared out than this, but it gets the point across.

Yes. it’s the one from simmer’s pack and it’s at it’s default size. This is a 4.5 m long car after all. X3

When you look at the front of the car straight on it is much closer to that.

human head for scale
and yeah, I’m planning on tweaking the cannards to a slightly larger and better shape. Glad to see that i’m on the right track for things tho. X3

5 Likes

I did use that one. I’ve done the rear enginedness of it with the advanced trim stuff because this first started out as a hyper detail personal build. It’s currently one the 2.8 m 2 door sedan body, with -4 on the rear wheel placement and +1 on the front.

2 Likes

2023 Nerruci 470LFZ RS/R GT3

Simple Elegance

BIG IMPROVEMENTS

(470LFZ RS/R WIP Livery)

Introducing the Nerruci 470LFZ RS/R, been in development since 2018, the 470 LFZ is Nerruci’s fourth generation car in the LMGTE category. Developed on the foundation of it’s predecessor the 460LFZ GTRS, the 470LFZ is designed to withstand Endurance Races with fewer mechanical issues that plague the 460LFZ. The 470LFZ also has much higher performance than the 460LFZ.

NEW AND POWERFUL ENGINE

Under the all new 470LFZ RS/R is the newly improved 4MP1 engine, the 4MP1 - 8TT 1A. The 4MP1 - 8TT 1A is a 4LV8 Twin-turbocharged engine capable of reaching 640 hp @ 6800 rpm. The 4MP1 - 8TT 1A can easily reach the figure without encountering any reliability issues. With smooth power curves and very nice throttle response, the 4MP1 - 8TT 1A is the perfect engine that the 470LFZ RS/R could be given.

MANOEUVERABILITY AND AERODYNAMICS IMPROVEMENTS

The predecessor, 460LFZ GTRS had some great handling and cornering abilities. With the foundation of that, we have greatly improved both maneuverability and aerodynamics of the 470LFZ RS/R. With new suspension and aero, the 470LFZ RS/R accompanied with the right setup, the 470LFZ RS/R would drive incredible.

STRIVING FOR VICTORY

Since it’s founding in 1953, Nerruci have been very big in motorsports, albeit little success, Nerruci and MGRT and continuing their journey in motorsports world. From the 290 GTO from 1953 to 2018 220m LMP1 car to now, the 470LFZ RS/R, Nerruci has been struggling and striving for the top spot at motorsports event around the world.

Pictures of 470LFZ RS/R

1 Like

Feedback Five

The Jaws Of Doom

aka Tio Eagle GTE (Kamron Racing)

@DrDoomD1scord

can’t wait to see how much my cars get torn up next round

uhh… looks like this thing is gonna tear me up first :flushed:

We were wondering if anyone would go all-out for a livery, and this certainly delivers. It might not be the most original but I’d say it translated to Automation remarkably well, especially for a totally different shape of car.

However, the livery isn’t the only thing that’ll be judged, so how’s the base design? Is it a winner or a T-wreck?

The first thing that jumps out at me is… whatever’s going on on this corner. The dino livery was already quite well-executed, but these 3D scales are really going the extra mile :stuck_out_tongue: The metallic paint definitely isn’t helping, but I think if you used more molding pieces here and placed them closer together it wouldn’t look quite this janky.

What’s this plate sticking out of the hood? I’ll let Zach take this one:

Moving to the rear 3/4 shot, it mostly checks out, though those wing mounts could be less chunky by a fair bit. There’s still a couple little things of note, firstly:

What’s this? Looks like a pitot tube’s facing backwards and is having a bit of trouble getting… uhh… straightened. Let’s just say it looks like a funny carabiner sticking out of the roof.

It might be a mounting point for car recovery, but I hope that’s not the only one on the top… (i couldn’t find anything for this but insert a clip of hamilton’s car literally swinging from a crane after monaco fp3)

sainte divot.

Finally, the interior shot which is the first we’ve seen so far. No major complaints here, we definitely like the level of detail.

TL;DR: Needs a bit of sharpening, but this thing’s definitely got teeth.

The Gloom To Your Doom

Hm. As good as the Eagle GTE was, we unfortunately can’t help but feel that its LMDh stablemate is decidedly more generic. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not a bad design by any means but it doesn’t quite have the same wow factor as the Eagle, even without taking the two liveries into consideration.

So I guess I’ll start with the livery. The white and marine camo combo is a unique choice which we have no issues with, but the implementation leaves us wanting more.

Firstly, I think it could use more white on the greenhouse to balance out the colours. Now that they’re visible, this is also a good opportunity to do something unique with the window surrounds which will make the design less generic. See the Porsche, Peugeot, and Acura for some examples of what I’m talking about.

There should be a bit of separation between the canard and splitter here.

Continuing on at the rear 3/4, you can see how the colour blocking between the white and blue bits is a bit abrupt with only straight lines. Curves should work better to accentuate the body’s shape and get around fixtures like the headlights.

The supplementary hexagon graphics are also a neat idea, but they could be better integrated into the livery rather than looking like a bit of an afterthought. Perhaps use them as a transition element between the white and blue?

TL;DR: A decent product, just let down slightly by its livery and overshadowed by its shoutier GTE brother.

อีเอฟไอ จีที

@Lazar

First impressions: we love this thing. This is easily the most extreme-looking GT we’ve got so far, and one where I might actually suggest turning it down a bit. The huge wing mounts, for example, really tower over the car from the side and contribute to some slightly cartoonish proportions. Perhaps it might fit better on a Class 1 machine.

The front 3/4 is our favourite shot, as it really shows off the ferocious stance of the car. The detailing is exceptional, all the required fixtures are in their proper places ,and all elements are well proportioned.

I’m not sure if those are air intakes behind the windows. If they aren’t, then the roof scoop might be a little inadequate; if they are, I suggest maybe making it more obvious with a visible grille or a scoop on the windows

I think it could also use some more lights on the front corners as I’m slightly skeptical of how those slim projectors will perform, even with the two existing lights in the middle (currently covered). From the looks of it, that part may be 3D, so in that case a simple cover will suffice.

You can see just how gigantic that wing is from this angle. We didn’t get any aero explainer with this one, but I’m convinced those intricate aero structures behind the front wheels will do a sufficient job of managing the tyre wake and keeping it clean down the sides. I dunno if those wheel covers could be classified as a movable aerodynamic device, but they look cool regardless.

I’m not sure if this is gonna be the final livery, but I’ll make some comments on it anyways. It’s relatively simple (especially compared to :t_rex:) but I think it manages to make enough of an impact with the colours and textures on the main body. I don’t think that number panel is legal though, IIRC they have to be on a rectangular shape. Perhaps it could benefit from more orange accents around the car instead as the colour combo works quite well.

Also what’s this? Never seen that logo before…

TL;DR: Tone down the craziness a bit and you’re onto a winner here. Great work as always.

อีเอฟไอ แอลเอ็มเอช

the zeropods are going to work this year i PROMISE

This is quite a unique concept, trying to make the infamous Mercedes zeropods work on a prototype. For the uninitiated, Mercedes tried the zeropod concept on their W13 and W14 F1 cars, relying on lots of air rushing over the wide exposed floor to generate downforce. However, it also meant the floor wasn’t very well supported without sidepods, leading to back-breaking amounts of porpoising.

The floor might be better supported here, but I don’t think that’s the end of the ground effect problems for this car. The Mercs relied on lots of downwashing elements to get the air towards the floor, but here?

It seems that a lot of the air would be kicked out far away from the body by those vanes around the front wheels. Outwash, rather than downwash. As a result, I’m not so sure if those air intakes are getting the air they need, let alone the floor.

Is that wing structure just behind the windows channelling air down and towards the diffuser or towards the wing?

The rear is probably the weakest part of the design, with quite a few clipping elements and the bulbous engine cover. That’s probably a side effect of making the zeropods, but yeah… not ideal. We love the menacing simplicity of the exposed rear fascia though.

It might sound like we’ve just been ripping on this thing, but apart from the possible aerodynamic inefficiencies and the awkward rear, this is still a stunning car with the same excellent detail as the GT. As mentioned at the top, it’s one of the most unique concepts here, and deserves a good Creativity score even if it may not be the fastest on track.

TL;DR: The advantage may not be locked in for decades, but it still has a major edge over many of its competitors. We’re excited to see the final product.

As previously stated, this is the last batch of feedback reviews and we are only open for entry submissions until:

June 5, 2023, Anywhere on Earth

If you wanna make an official entry submission, as always, please follow the instructions in the OP. The current list of entrants is:

@MCzenman
@BannedByAndroid
@04mmar

Thanks to all feedback entrants for your patience as we worked to get them out, and I hope this was useful for y’all. See you in the next one.

10 Likes
I love Panda Express and I want some Honey Walnut Shrimp with Orange Chicken now!!! So I made a car that looked like an Orca with Orca Express as its main sponsor lol. Also - don't forget to Save the Orcas!!!
2023 Viettor Vurai. Designed and engineered in Indonesia.
40 Likes

2023 FMW CR1 GT3 Evo

The brand-new CR1 GT3 Evo serves as the ultimate endurance racing machine from FMW, representing an evolution from last year’s CR1 GTE. While the 5.5 litre naturally aspirated V8 is a carryover, there’s a greatly improved aero package with both improved downforce and cooling. A lower, wider body allows for wider tyres and improved suspension, while also previewing the Life Cycle Refresh for the CR1, coming in 2024.
It sports the FMW CR Factory Works livery - in one of a few pride-themed colorways - in silent, peaceful protest for human rights.

9 Likes

I’ve made 5 liveries for the same car, can I submit all of them?

2 Likes

You can include all of them in your presentation post, but choose only one to be used for the judging poll pictures.

3 Likes

2023 Calypso Sombra GT3

Seen here wearing the Kitsch TV colors, the new Calypso Sombra puts the GT in GT3. Based on Calypso’s continent crosser, it takes advantage of its stability and reliability. A race-spec version of the road car’s 4.0 biturbo V8 produces 720 hp in its most aggresive map, and is mounted behind the front axle in true FR GT fashion. A full aero package is present, ensuring the car sticks to the ground during high-speed cornering, and keeps everything cool through grueling endurance races.

10 Likes

The 2023 Gavril Phoenix GT3, built off of the roadgoing KingSnake model, this car has a Gavril 6.0 V8 “CopperHead” engine, with two turbochargers, making 1,000 horsepower and 700lb-ft of torque. This car was a big comeback from the previous generation, with its heavily updated styling, and new engine options. This car features a basic gray and blue livery with Gavril branding and some sponsors.

3 Likes

Tarske confirms plans for the 24 Hours of Le Mans

Although the Tarske Hypercar program had a rough development and seemed uncertain at one point, today the German brand confirmed that the two full season WEC cars will be joined by a third factory entry from the IMSA WSTC as well as two customer cars, making it 5 entries for their return to the endurance classic.

DHP will run the factory entries, while LMP2 veterans SD Racing and touring car legends Italia Corse will race a customer entry each.

Tarske has been racing on and off in GT championships for the last three decades (their last participation at Le Mans was in 1989, with the Tarske E27-02), but 2023 marks an awaited return to top tier sportscar racing for them.

When asked about the possibility of a win on the debut of the PX-6, driver of the #12 car Daniel Humánez told us: “This is the race everybody wants to win, and of course we also want to win but it’s going to be a hard race for everyone. The spirit of Le Mans is to keep fighting until the end no matter what, and we will give everything we have on the track”.

Like most cars of the brand, the new Tarske PX-6 LMDh is powered by a six cilinder boxer engine, in this case a 3.0L twin turbocharged ICE coupled with a an electric motor, sending a combined 500kW to the rear wheels.

The liveries of the five cars were also revealed this week:

#12 Tarske DHP Motorsport

#14 Tarske DHP Motorsport

#13 Tarske DHP USA

#61 SD Racing

#8 Italia Corse

Gallery

4 Likes

2023 Nerruci 223P LMH
In partnership with KSK Motorsport

Nerruci new hypercar for the 2023 World Endurance Championship (WEC) has come to fruition, although the journey through LMP1 category has resulted in Subpar performances, their new Le Mans Hypercar is hoped to be the saving grace of the manufacturer. As of 2023, they’ve only got 1 team with their car on the grid, Nerruci will be putting all their resources to continue to push the boundaries of the new LMH category despite missing a few races in the last couple of seasons, they have high hopes for the 223P. The team they’ll be partnering in the 2023 WEC Season is KSK Motorsport. KSK Motorsport partnership with Nerruci is long as they have been racing in IMSA in the GTLM category with the 460LFZ GTRS since 2012 and the two hopes to bring success in WEC. The high experience that both Nerruci in the WEC series will bring KSK Motorsport up to new heights in the Motorsport World.

KSK Motorsport will be racing under the number #46 and will be sponsored by IMD.

The early renders of the car:

3 Likes

The Leisurely GSX collection dates back to 2014. The first generation at the time was a mess except for the engine
Now the sixth-generation GSX is here
The newly developed 4.1L twin-turbocharged V-shaped 90-degree 8-cylinder engine bursts out at 999 horsepower at 9000RPM
In order to cooperate with the new engine, a smaller and lighter AWD system is specially designed, which is 70 kg lighter than before
Completely overthrow the aerodynamic design, the downforce is 3 tons at 300 kilometers, and the air resistance is reduced by 0.2, the chassis continues to use the Venturi effect as the basis, and redesigns to reduce the drag coefficient

2 Likes

Leisurely CNR is Leisurely’s earliest sports car series
CNR is an acronym for Cheap New Age Sports Car
Since the CNR4 was discontinued in 2017, fans have clamored for an all-new CNR sports car
Well today he came back with CNR4 GT3 as a track performance verification car
Therefore, Leisurely replaced CNR with the third-generation GSX’s 3.1L twin-turbocharged V-type 90-degree 6-cylinder engine
610 horsepower at 9000RPM
The transmission system is designed with a lighter AWD system, which is 100 kg lighter than before
Compared with the previous generation, the aerodynamic design has not changed much, because the movable aerodynamic kit cannot be used, so we installed a Venturi effect diffuser, the downforce is 2 tons at 300 kilometers, and the air resistance is reduced by 0.1, about The chassis replaced the previous multi-link suspension with pushrod suspension and lowered the body by 10mm

2 Likes

The Empir-Leisurly XM4 is the first sports car produced by a joint venture between Leisurely and Empir
XM4 LR is on the stage as a track performance verification car before mass production
Therefore, Leisurely replaced the XM4 with a 3.1L twin-turbocharged L-type 6-cylinder engine after cylinder expansion
600 horsepower and 800 Nm burst out at 7800RPM
In terms of transmission system, a seven-speed gearbox with lighter weight is designed
The aerodynamic design has developed and designed the whole vehicle modular kit in the direction of endurance. The downforce is 1.7 tons at 300 kilometers, and the air resistance is reduced by 0.3. Regarding the chassis, the body is only widened by 110mm

3 Likes
First seen as a full size mock-up at the Geneva motor show this year, Autodelta is unveiling it's competitor for this AES season ahead of the season starter at Sebring this weekend.

Powered by a bespoke twin-turbo V6 making 804 HP, the Nuvolari is now a fully hybrid LMH thanks to dual in-wheel electric motors, for a total output of around 980 HP. Advanced torque vectoring is used to keep the car under control in any situation

The car full-carbon monocoque has recived numerous upgrades in order to better work with new, refined aerodynamics of the car, with ample focus on reducing top-side wake and feed clean air to the rear wing and improve diffuser extraction. The side of the car focuses on controlling the wake of the car to feed clean air to the main cooling inlets.

The floor takes inspiration form F1 cars, with big Venturi tunnels superseeding flatter floors of old LMP’s. The nose shape of the car and use of less common in-wheel electric motors allows for ample air feeding from the floor up the front of the car, minimising side-air inlet and reducing the risk of feeding wheel wake to the massive floor. Side inlets are used to help floor extraction, granting very high floor efficiency in every track condition.

Born form our first ever road hypercar, the Nuvolari LMH has now evolved into a truebred racecar, ready to bring the battle on the asphalt of the most famous track of them all: Le Mans.

6 Likes

2023 Milano Fenice Sedici

La pièce de résistance in the Fenice lineup, this V16 powered monster eschews the roadgoing aspirations of its predecessor, allowing it to become the ultimate endurance racing machine. It sports a full carbon fibre construction, with the body draping a one-piece tub, whose structure is strong enough to be considered an integrated rollcage. The design of the body ensures air flows in all the right places, providing immense downforce and cooling. Inside, the driver sits in the centreline of the car which, combined with the wraparound windshield, provides ultimate visibility. To aid this, high-resolution screens for the mirror cameras flank the driver.
It’s shown here wearing Milano’s signature Italian flag livery, proudly sporting the company’s longtime sponsor Ammonite Fuels, as well as social media site Ribbit.

9 Likes

You originally built this car for a similar challenge, but didn’t have enough time to finish it for that one. However, this time, you have finally given us a proper presentation - and this time it definitely looks race-ready as an LMH, and everyone’s dream car in its base form.

@the-chowi The Fenice Sedici (named after its V16 engine) deserves its positioning as the pinnacle of the Fenice line - unencumbered by road car regs, this is surely the most extreme race car you have ever made!

3 Likes

It would be perfect if I could add a little more detail.

2 Likes