Razyx's mods

The early 00s concept car is really striking! I will find plenty of uses for it after it’s released. I even think it would look just as good, if not better with a proper wraparound rear window!

Also, I believe a 10s equivalent of the small not-12C body is also possible, and that can be accomplished by making a smaller version of the Aero J6. If that body is in your future plans, please let me know!

oh my lord, what you’ve done with the rear of the volk 2 seater… it is just marvellous, one of the freshest things I’ve seen in recent times.

Definitely going to be looking into seeing how else the lines can be manipulated. All around sexy and absolutely a must for a revamp of my FR model…

…one thing though. The front bay only houses maximum 305s. Now in real life “only 305s on the front” is something nobody said ever. But would you find it permissible/workable if we allowed greater deforming limits on the front wheel arch?

ermm. what?

@Awildgermanappears, yup that rear end reminds the TT’s butt.

Probably, but would be another ‘common’ thing. :slight_smile:

@strop, Glad you like it. At first I was not completely sure if it would work in a proper way, but after trying it I think that allows many and different setups with taillights arrays, etc.
About the wheel size, you know what to tweak, let me know the values and I’ll update it :slight_smile:

BTW, for those that don’t know, the Volk’s rear window can be morphed, but it gets poorly highlighted.

Xeon coupe uploaded and finished.

I’ve found this pic on Blanton Motors thread and, my last model will be something alike, before quitting with modding (cars at least).

1 Like

Noooo! Why? :anguished:
Will you still come back to R5?

Very Nice, but…
4 seat and mid engine? There is no space for that. Maybe should be 2 seat mid engine or 4 seat rear engine?

3D is more than these cars so it’s better quit with everything finished, and yup, will go back to the R5, release the 4x4, make ‘that crazy’ sport car (the one above gave me an idea that I was looking for a radical car) and, maybe, polishing some of the old models…oh! and Flubby.

Thanks, and this time is all in one (as usual I would say). 4 seats (or 2+2) would be for the front engined variant, but… OTOH you can morph the windscreen to the front, like the door, and leave those little seats for the kids. :grin:

Look at the Ferrari Mondial 2+2 transverse mid engine. Not much distance behind the door.

1 Like

Then again the Mondial engine bay is specifically packaged for a transverse engine, whereas in Automation you can’t assign two different engine bay sizes for transverse and longitudinal engines.

I’m sad to see you go Razyx… you’re very talented at making these bodies and fixtures.

1 Like

If this latest body is the last one you will make for us, it’s a great way to go out - its originality makes it stand out from the crowd. You could always go back to making more fixtures, but since you had given us plenty of those before, why not continue to flesh out your own company further?

@KA24DE, Thanks for your words but I’m not going anywhere :stuck_out_tongue: (and there are really good/better modders in the community), it’s that my timetable is going to change and there would not be time for more bodies (anyway, the work ahead is more than enough and will take some time to finish everything).
As @abg7 has suggested I’ll continue with my brand (I have many bodies to give a try, even some of mine that I have to try/know in depth.),… also trying new designs is the way to know what fixtures can be done or are ‘needed’.

OTOH, I’m afraid that the last model won’t be that ‘crazy’, the chassis is messing up some of my ideas.
I’ve started in a different way (looking the chassis boundaries) and going to take more time than expected, well, I’m improvising too.

No!! it won’t be a Porsche (I hope).

That engine cooling!!! :sweat:

3 Likes

Will you still be releasing the Willys MB body at some point?

yup, ‘the 4x4’ (although it was 4x2 too). I’m making more bodystyles, and the UTE variant is giving me a headache with some clipping between the little body and the chassis… and, of course, the UVmap.

1 Like

Ah yes, the pain of truck beds clipping through the frame/suspension.

and I thought it was gonna be a quick thing (so naive) :joy:

Another look to the Lebrel , you know, a coupe with rear/mid engine layout.

7 Likes

Actually this thing looks awesome. Looks like it’s slightly based on Audi TT.

1 Like

This looks like the makings of a proper supercar… You may have given us a few such bodies before but this is your best work yet.

Also, the Shark targa, when configured as a mid-engined car with a longitudinally mounted engine, actually can accommodate a V8 or straight-four, but only a small one in either case (a 3.6-liter flat-crank V8 just barely fits). I didn’t expect to find that out… and was surprised to discover this fact. So this body is much more versatile than I thought. Such engines cannot be mounted transversely in that body, though, unlike small-capacity V6s with a displacement of <2.5 liters.

1 Like

This is the sort of thing that would give way to some monster like an Ultima GTR

1 Like

Man you have an opinion on everything.

3 Likes

@Oskiinus, I started with an idea that went out of the window. From there on it can be aything…, like a rounded rear end and a squarish front end, and that it’s what has happened. I’ve had to remake the front end.
I said porsche-esque and… see the pic :slight_smile:
@abg7, it’ll be a super car. The rear engined version will compete with the porsche 911 and the like.
@ramthecowy, The mid engine variant will allow ‘monsters’ (bigger engines).

BTW, the willys will get another delay… I’m fully rearranging it.

13 Likes