RCAERO thread

hey man, after some research, i found out what was happening to my car.

Apparently, mid engine cars are hard to control without ESC. By relying on TC and ABS alone, the car was pretty much undrivable. And even with ESC, my car was suffering from serious pendulum effect, where the rear tends to slide even when you’re driving carefully.

Another thing that caught my attention was weight distribution. Using the widgets from BeamNG, it seemed that even with downforce, the front suspension was not getting any load. In automation, I even used like 100 front distribution and the distribution was 33/67 front and rear. And changing the sliders made almost no noticable difference in the weight balance.

My performance reference for my car was the 488 Pista and it has 41% front weight, and in various videos, drivers say that it’s an easy to drive supercar. I dunno if it’s because i’m using a V12 and thus the pendulum effect is stronger or if it’s a programming flaw that the devs overlooked.

Maybe I’ll change the engine and see if I get different results.

I can’t help you on that one i’m afraid, I don’t have beam installed rn.

I’ll send you some other projects i’ve been working on with the same body, maybe you’ll find some answers then:)

thanks. It’s also a good idea to have BeamNG. It lets you know what to improve on your cars.

1 Like

Yeah I’ll think about downloading it one of these days, could be fun testing my 313mph hypercar.

Arrow Vigore GTR

The specs remain the same, this was mostly an esthetic exercise.

The interior isn’t perfect (pedals are a bit too high, and rollcage doesn’t connect properly), but I reckon it looks nice none the less

4 Likes

Styling and design studies (no technical specs)

Arrow Antares One-Off

Arrow Excelsior (electric)

1 Like

Falcon FF

Spec list:

• Suspension: Pushrod F/R active dampers with active suspension
  • Chassis: Carbon panels on carbon monocoque
  • Engine: 4L TTV8 > 1066hp (10k rpm)
  • Transmission: AWD 7 speed dual clutch
  • Brakes: 6F/4R carbon ceramic brakes (380/335mm)
  • Top speed / 0-100: 428kmh / 2.2s (266mph)
  • 1/4 mile: 8.94s
  • Weight: 1.257kg
2 Likes

Arrow Berline Series

Quad Turbo V12, 4-wheel steering, 9speed Auto, air ride suspension, the whole thing.

4 Likes

Its cab-backward proportions give it the look of a four-door coupe - why not make a two-door version as well?

1 Like

On it

Arrow Coupe Series

4 Likes

I definitely like the two-door version better - the proportions are definitely more befitting a car of its type, even more so than the four-door version.

1 Like

true

Arrow S5x

3 Likes