Regular Coupes (not sports cars or supercars) thread

I admit that there is some strong Opel influences in Saarland, yes, though I try not to make a complete ripoff. But this one became a bit close to its source of inspiration, I must admit. :rofl:
Some other models are much less Opel inspired but that will show as the story of Saarland unfolds, I guess.

The 1954 car Kolla PC (premiun Coupè)

On a cloudy afternoon A driver returns to his Kolla PC 120 after taking a “toilet break”

:rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

Quite an advanced car for its era!

2 Likes

the mechanical base is inspired by the 1954 Alfa Romeo Giulietta but to keep the cost down instead of the DOHC engine I added an OHC engine.

in 1958 a restyling of the Kolla 120 PC was made which consisted of: front headlights embedded in the bodywork, rear lights with direction indicators and the addition of two white reflectors and petrol cap closed by a door.
The motor was re-phased so as to weigh 2kg less and to bring consumption from 16 to 17 US mpg.

a total of 24,000 Kolla 120 PC was sold from 1954 to 1962.

2 Likes

The street version is a regular coupe for U.S.A. in the 1950s

2 Likes

1967-69 SAARLAND KARDINAL COUPÉ

In 1967, for the first time in history, a stylish coupé model was introduced of the Saarland Kardinal. Since it was not supposed to be a volume seller, it was not built “in house”. Instead, it was actually converted from four door sedan bodies by a third party coachbuilder. That also meant that the addition in price was significant over the already quite expensive Kardinal. Sales were slow, and after a little over 4000 cars built, the production ended already in 1969.

This would not mean the end for the Kardinal coupés, though, since the 1978 Saarland Zandvoort basically was a coupé version of the Kardinal, that time built in-house, with a more moderate sticker price and better sales records.

7 Likes

Mmm, could it have a V8?

2 Likes

I quite like the rear end design on that.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, it had to do with the new “HICAM” OHC inline six. While a V8 would have given it a prestige boost that could have been remarkable both in the sales charts and on the autobahn, developing one for a relatively small number of cars was not economically viable.

2 Likes

Hmm, outsourcing is always a possibility :wink:

You mean, like outsourcing them to a distant american cousin, disassembling them and blueprinting them in Germany because ze amerikan krap will blow up on ze autobahn otherwise…? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Nah, inspiration is one thing, a total ripoff is another.

4 Likes

1972 Dominion Elgin Crown Coupé

Just your standard V8 personal luxury boat.

12 Likes

Love the parking and taillight treatment!

Trabant’s ugly sister is my Trubby.
obviously I joke. :grinning: :grinning:

3 Likes

Hmm, that looks suspiciously close to my Moravia brand’s first car. Do I smell trademark infringement? :smile: (I kid. The Trabant had been a big stying influence for this as well :smile: )

4 Likes

Currently in progress, far from done. But yes this is a coupe. I apologize about the terrible image quality, Iv build everything on a legit potato!

It is a pity. It certainly does not allow you to build machines in real time, and full presentation. I recommend lowering the framerate to 24 fps, as I did. It is the only game where I’m completely happy with this parameter.

2 Likes

was

9 Likes

no sir, we did not expect the spanish inquisition