Request. Plz, very plz

Hi. Well, I find that the vanilla 10s SUVs are a bit boring, and I wondered wether there exists a body that’s small, interesting and futuristicly shaped, or something like a Jeep Wrangler. Anyone get what I mean? Or maybe like an Evoque… just something that ticks those boxes.

EDIT: And by the way, is it possible to make a truck body? No, not a pickup. A real truck-something like a Scania.

It IS possible to make a heavy duty truck, it’s just that nobody is interested in doing them. And exposed frames would rape the game’s programming.

Trucks like a Scania also don’t fit within the “car company” scope of the game, just like the F1 cars that people would like as well. Not to mention the issues with how the frame is organised, and that a cab would be useless in the delivery category (what it’s really designed for) because it doesn’t have a trailer.

1 Like

What about delivery-sized trucks? Like Mitsubishi Fuso

Automation supports only one wheel at each end of the axle and the chassis type is not modeled, this would rule out the Fuso and it’s ilk.

I don’t see why it couldn’t be. Cab Over vehicles are possible, so a larger box truck or flatbed cabover can’t be impossible. The only thing required to make something like a Fuso Canter or Toyota Dyna work in Automation is to add body cladding to the sections where the chassis would normally be exposed. Even single axle city buses should be possible, the only problem with the vehicles would be to make them fit within the confines of the design room.

2 Likes

The game has a seating limit of 9. I tried setting 11 seats in the .lua for my 70s van, and no value over 10 appeared. Basically, buses aren’t viable. I should also mention again, that while a body style might be possible, it’s not within the scope of the game and would not fit properly in any of the markets or have all the technical aspects needed to accurately portray the vehicle (such as dual wheels on the rear axle).

That’s why I propagate small cabovers like the Toyota Dyna. By all means these are closer to large trucks than cars, so they have similar aesthetics but in a format that would make them viable for the game in the utility demographics. Some of them even have singular rear wheels.

Alas, the most likely chance to see someting similar ingame is a pick-up version of the 80s Asian van scheduled to release in the next update.

2 Likes

Not wanting to sound rude, but everyone is forgetting the thing about the SUV. Is anyone going to pay attention?

If it’s not in the game or on the Steam workshop, it doesn’t exist. The only modern SUVs that are not vanilla content are my early 2000s Range Rovers and 2010s Escalade/Suburban, but neither of those are quite what you’ve described.

Oh. Then i’ll check yours and use them… but thanks.

1 Like