Resuki Motors

Rhisuki Motors is an American manufacturer of automobiles and small engines for power equipment, founded in 1959.

Rhisuki Motors started by only manufacturing small engines for its own brand of power equipment. While not being immensely successful for the first couple of years, by the third year sales had started to grow very quickly. For the next 3 years the money from sales was focused on expansion of the company, eventually making it the 16th largest motor company in the U.S.A by 1965.

In late 1965 the decision was made to also have the company produce and manufacture cars. Today Rhisuki is the 18th biggest motor company in the U.S.A., but actually 10th biggest globally. This is a cause of the company focusing on a more global market than just the U.S., and design is heavily influenced by Asian design in most cars. The brand has become known for making affordable, fun and reliable cars. Rhisuki Motors produces upwards of 4.6 million combustion engines yearly.

In 2002 Rhisuki Motors created RRD (Rhisuki Racing Division) in an effort to make performance based cars. The first model to get a RRD level trim was the 2005 Velrona.

Current headquarters: Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA

(Only did some research, and haven’t checked every company. If any details conflict with any other brand, please tell me.)

Present Models (WIP)

(1970-present) Mirev Midsize sedan/hatch
(1985-present) Velrona Compact sedan/hatch
(1987-present) Retoro Mid-engine sports coupe
(1995-present) Kamata Kei car, Japan only
(1999-present) Bouken Compact pickup
(2005-present) Koritsu Subcompact economy car
(2002-present) Trekka Compact sport utility
(2012-present) KeiS Sub-compact coupe

The 2019 Trekka

The 4th generation of the Trekka, it features all the same trim levels with an all new sports trim. The 5 speed automatic was updated to a 5 speed dual clutch. Safety was also updated. The interior also got some minor refinement.

Trim levels have stayed the same since introduction, BE5, BE4, SE5, SE4, LE5 and LE4. All trim come with an optional AWD package, and SE has a RWD Variation. All trim except LE have an optional 6 speed manual.

The new TSE5 trim was also introduced, with a turbocharged version of the previous 2.9 liter inline 6. Making 425 hp at 7,600rpm and 458 Nm at 5,300. The trim also includes the AWD package. Gas mileage is a solid 25.6 mpg or about 11 L/100km.

For all trims other than the TSE5, previous engine is kept, making 270 hp at 7,400rpm and 296 NM at 4,800rpm. With the all new dual clutch transmission, gas mileage has gone up to 27.3 mpg or about 10.5 L/100km.

2 Likes

Nice use of modern fixtures - it gives the Trekka a clean, minimalist look. But the body you chose unlocks in 1995 - there are several newer sedan bodies which, with some effort, could also lend themselves to a similar design aesthetic. As such, the fixture/body combination seems like a mismatch to me. Also, you’re holding yourself back with a 5-speed dual-clutch - a seven-speed would be much more fitting for this day and age. Even so, it clearly shows some promise.

2 Likes

Glad you like the minimalist look style, I usually try keep my more modern style designs that way. The clutch was to try to keep prices low while giving an upgrade, but I understand why a 7-speed would be a further improvement.

I kept the body based off the previous generation since I like boxy hatchbacks, and tried to make the fixtures hold the body design up, but the next generation is definitely gonna need a new one.

2012 to Present KeiS

The KeiS was introduced to the market in 2012. A new generation was introduced in 2018, with a new face and engine. The KeiS was always made for a niche market. Despite its name it is not technically a kei car due to exceeding the 63hp limit. This removes the benefit of lower insurance on the car in Japan, so it was produced for the global market as a sub-compact coupe.

The KeiS has 2 trim options, Sport and Sport Premium, both having an optional 2 seat version instead of the normal 5 seats. Price starts $15000 USD with 2 seats and $16300 USD with 5. Another large benefit is that due to the low displacement engine, insurance is usually very low as well.

The engine is a twin-turbo 660cc boxer 4. It revs to 12000, making 120 hp at 10,400 rpm and 101 nm of torque at 7,300 rpm. The car averages 25.2 mpg, or 11.5 L/100km. The transmission is a 6-speed dual clutch.

3 Likes