RevTec Engine Range

RevTec was established in 2000 and we strive to create powerful, yet economical engines to suit the requirements of today’s consumer. In order to achieve this, here at RevTec, we use only the latest technology to enhance our engines allowing them to exceed all expectations.

We create all types of engines, ranging from Inline 4’s to V12’s.

All of our engines feature ‘TORQ+’ VVL technology to provide a surge torque at higher RPMs to increase total output. Our TORQ+ system works in sequence with the advanced ignition systems found in all of our engines allowing them to be more fuel efficient and emit fewer emissions

Our first engine was the RevTec 1.0i: 994cc Inline 4 engine, capable of producing 72HP and 84Nm; class leading at the time.
It boasted a DOHC head, resulting in 16 valves, allowing for greater performance and economy.
SPFI injection was used alongside an advanced ignition system to increase throttle response, power and fuel economy, whilst reducing emissions.

The RevTec 1.0i was updated in 2005 where EFI fuel injection was used, increasing power output to 78HP and torque to a hefty 95Nm. Alongside a revised exhaust system, efficiency, emissions and power output was improved simultaneously.

A final revision was given to this engine in 2010, where an all new alloy block and head was used to reduce weight. In addition, a new direct injection fuel system powered by Bosch was used allowing for an energy efficiency rating of 31.05%. This resulted in exceptional fuel economy and lower emissions.
Furthermore, power output increased to a sprightly 85HP and a useful 100Nm of torque. This allowed for a more relaxed drive as lower RPMs could be used in driving situations, improving comfort, fuel economy and reducing emissions.

Power and torque curve for 2000 1.0i

Power and torque curve for 2005 1.0i

Power and torque curve for 2010 1.0i

1 Like

In 2005 we released two new engines in an attempt to compete with sportier vehicles. In order to succeed we developed a 1.4 inline 4 to blend performance and economy, whilst the 1.9 twin turbocharged V6 was prepared to provide insane straight line speeds and contained many weight saving technologies to improve agility and handling of the sportier vehicles.

RevTec 1.4i

The RevTec 1.4i was provided in two variants; naturally aspirated and turbocharged.
The naturally aspirated variant was capable of outputting 160HP and produced a useful 140Nm of torque. This was capable by the use of EFI fuel injection and RevTec’s own ‘TORQ+’ VVL system. An efficiency percentage of 27.49% was achieved making this engine fuel efficient and powerful.

The turbocharged variant of this engine was capable of putting out a whopping 200HP and 190Nm whilst still being 22.61% efficient. Efficient turbochargers and water-air intercoolers allowed us to increase torque and horsepower imensely whilst still remaining fairly fuel efficient.

Both variants of the RevTec 1.4i had a redline of 9000RPM encouraging a sportier drive.

Power and torque curves for 1.4i

Power and torque curves for turbocharged 1.4i

RevTec 1.9T V6

The RevTec 1.9T V6 was a performance orientated engine; power output was 258HP @ 8400 RPM whilst it still generated a hefty 270Nm of torque. This allowed for a more sporty and engaging drive as the driver had the ability to explore the whole rev range up to 9000 RPM and can enjoy the useful amount of torque. Bosch EFI fuel injection systems were used in conjunction with water-air intercooled twin turbochargers designed by Garrett.

However in 2006, a major redesign was required to the TORQ+ VVL system as well as the exhaust system. Many 2005 engines reported TORQ+ failures after track use due to the high redline of the engine resulting in the catalytic converters becoming clogged. Therefore in 2006 we redeveloped the TORQ+ VVL system to be more resistant to track day use, whilst the exhaust diameter was increased to allow for larger catalytic converters to prevent them from clogging in the future. As a result of these changes, power output increased to 267HP @ 8900 RPM whilst torque remained the same at 270Nm. These changes also resulted in an efficiency gain as the engine was now 18.99% efficient, compared to the previous engine which was 18.00% efficient.

Power and torque curves for 2005 1.9T

Power and torque curves for 2006 1.9T