Sandbox Database

Hi there,

I’m trying to create a sort of standalone multiplayer mod, introducing a new way to play that integrates Automation and BeamNG, combining features from Automation’s Campaign mode with BeamNG’s multiplayer competitions. The evolution can be followed on wossom.net. For now, it’s essentially a fancy take on an Automation challenge, but baby steps. One thing that would help a lot is finding where the “Cars Sold (Estimated)” value, as seen on the screen, is stored in the database generated by Sandbox mode.

Thank you for the amazing game.

2 Likes

TBH I don’t expect it to be stored anywhere, rather calculated every time.

2 Likes

In case it’s not actually available in the database, if I could take a look at how “Cars Sold (Estimated)” is calculated, I could create a function that uses the database data to calculate it automatically, without having to check every car each time it’s updated.

If you’d like i can help you look into this as i tried something like you’re doing right now years ago, i didnt make it far but i doubt you can easily take info from the database. Have you considered using csvexporter?

1 Like

Thanks, man! I’m actually already using the CSV exporter from Google Sheets and importing it into the Wix database, but I’m manually entering the values in the Google spreadsheet instead of pulling them directly from the Automation sandbox database. I did figure out how to export from the Automation database and will use that in the future. However, what would really make a big difference right now is being able to either get the predicted sales numbers directly from the database or, at least, figure out how the calculation is done.

2 Likes

Im pretty sure (i may be very wrong) that it also depends on how many cars you actually have in your game, but either way i would reccomend making your own calculations with the data given to come up with multiple scores that can be connected to each market and their sales, which can be put together. For example lets say a sport score of 15 gets you (15xPopulationxCircumstances_From_0_To_1)÷A_Reasonable_Number, leading to a reasonable sales number per market. Do this for every market (for example luxury, utility, whatnot) by using different calculations per score, then add all of those together for a final sales number. You can add of course many things to this such as company prestiege and marketing, and how they did in races, etc.

2 Likes

This is probably what I’m going to do in the future. It even allows for a better simulation of the real-world market. While I truly appreciate the effort and creativity the devs put into creating the Automation world, I think simulating real country markets is more fun.

2 Likes