Scope of multiplayer

So here’s a question for you dev’s, where do you see multiplayer going with the game? I know you have an engine build-off coming up in a release soon, but I am trying to speculate.

Is there going to be an open world type system where you can drive your cars around a city/town with your friends? Or even a dragstrip for that matter?

Will you be able to sell your created vehicles online to others, as you would expect a car dealer to do?

Will there be sort of a co-op online mode where you could work with friends online, like sharing a garage, and build vehicles together, or have teams where both parties are “branded” the same?

Sorry if this has been discussed before, I did try searching through the forums, but didn’t find anything. I apologize if this is a little soon and development hasn’t gotten to this point, I was just thinking of the replay value of the game with some of my gearhead friends of mine. This couldn’t quickly become the hot game for all of us.

Thanks.

[quote=“kgeen1987”]So here’s a question for you dev’s, where do you see multiplayer going with the game? I know you have an engine build-off coming up in a release soon, but I am trying to speculate.

Is there going to be an open world type system where you can drive your cars around a city/town with your friends? Or even a dragstrip for that matter?

Will you be able to sell your created vehicles online to others, as you would expect a car dealer to do?

Will there be sort of a co-op online mode where you could work with friends online, like sharing a garage, and build vehicles together, or have teams where both parties are “branded” the same?

Sorry if this has been discussed before, I did try searching through the forums, but didn’t find anything. I apologize if this is a little soon and development hasn’t gotten to this point, I was just thinking of the replay value of the game with some of my gearhead friends of mine. This couldn’t quickly become the hot game for all of us.

Thanks.[/quote]

Well, there isn’t going to be ANY driving in the game, so an open world driving sim isn’t going to happen, nor does it really make sense given that this is a car company simulator.

Multiplayer would be similar to the kind of multiplayer in games like OpenTTD, Railroad Tycoon, Cities in Motion 2 etc. In that you’ll be running companies that are all selling cars in the same world, competing for sales, buying each other out, etc.

Coop will be possible, in that more than one player could share control of a company, so two people could collaborate to manage a massive worldwide company if they wanted.

You won’t be able to sell your cars themselves to other players, you’ll be selling them to the simulated world market that you’re all playing in, although other companies will be able to buy designs off you if you allow them to.

That CO-OP would be great!

And that co-op makes sense, especially if you should run a 2v2 in real time. Then you really need to collaborate and manage your activities well to get the most out of it :slight_smile: one guy designing a new platform, while the other one makes the engine, for instance.