Sedan/Estate Thread

5 Likes

1992 → Pippuri Oinas, the predecessor to the 1999 Pippuri Oinas that I posted a couple months ago.

This was the last independently produced Pippuri model before the Finnish brand merged with Sampo to create SPA-Motor, and as such shares no components with any Sampo models. Sporting the old style Pippuri logo with the P letters forming a key, the car has styling akin to pre-VW Bentley, combined with European sports sedan sensibilities.

The Oinas slots squarely into the compact executive class with the likes of the 3-series, Alfa 156 shown here in four bodystyles/variants:
GL : Grand Liftback (Beige)
SC : Sporting Coupé (Copper)
GW : Grand Wagon (Silver)
GS : Grand Safari (Blue)

All models are equipped with traditional Pippuri big block flat 6 engines, with the GL and GW being available as standard with the 145hp high torque low power engine for better economy, and the SC and GS offering the higher output 195hp with more advanced fuel injection and larger displacement for better performance on the trail or the track.

6 Likes

I like the model and the history of the brand, I can see it parked in an office area in the mid-90s and today as the first second-hand car.

The 1995 B7 also isn’t quite ready for prime time along with the rest of the late 90s line but it’s getting there, I’m at the point now where I’m happy to show the exterior on a non lore thread.

Key competitors: Mercedes-Benz E-Class (W210), BMW E34 5 series, Audi A6, Lexus GS300, Volvo S80/S90

7 Likes

I think we had the same inspiration at some point :smiley:

You still managed to let your car look unique (unlike me), also in the interior that features some detals that let it stand out from the mass, yet it looks alright.

3 Likes

1995 AMS Ventnor V12 6.0 Ultimate

Updated version of the Ventnor V12 previously shown here, now even more opulent inside and out, to suit its remit as an entrant in QFC23.

2 Likes

I knew this would come. Looks promising.

I was anticipating the need to improve the interior and exterior design of the Ventnor V12 at some point in the future, and I did just that.

Thick and heavy

6 Likes

3 Likes

1935 Petoskey MV “Aero”

This was a more obscure model developed by Petoskey Motors. Aerodynamics played a huge role in the vehicle design, hence the popular nickname “Aero”. It was also the first Petoskey car to be built using a unibody chassis. MV stood for Modular Vehicle. The intent was to produce a car that could not only be mass produced quickly, but also boast an adaptive configuration allowing for easy updates to the design as technology improves over time.

Unfortunately this forward-thinking automobile did not catch on with buyers as hoped. Many felt the radical design off putting compared to more conventional automobiles of the period. Material complications and a worker shortage due to the Great Depression and later World War II meant a severe delay in production of the car in any significant numbers. The lack of a rear window and the bizarre sideways-opening trunk did little to endear to buyers as well.

The MV was produced in limited quantities from 1935 to 1945. But this would not be the end of the story for this troubled automobile…

5 Likes

Good to see Petoskey back after many years.

4 Likes

Various images of the B7 while I decide what to do with the B9

9 Likes

Make it a competitior to something like the BMW 8 series or the Mercedes SL?

It’s less that and more design-wise. There aren’t really any bodies that suit a 90s style B9 in the game (ie something similar to a W220 S-Class).

The Indicator body sets, despite their limitations (such as a short trunk morphing range and a narrow engine bay, among others), come close enough for the new B7 - they have a default unlock year of 1988, but they can still look fresh even into the early 2000s, which is why they seem just right for the second-generation B7. In contrast, the original B5/B7/B9 were built on a far boxier body set with a default unlock year of 1976 - but at the time of their introduction in 1986, their angular shape would have fit right in.

No fixtures (because I am not up for visual design) but this is intended to be a supercar killer full size saloon. It can just barely go 200 MPH.

In terms of engineering for its era, this is pure lunacy. Why not post the .car file for anyone who wants to have a go at designing its exterior (and an interior, if they wish)?

This is exactly the issue. There isn’t really a suitable body for the B9 unlike the B5 and B7 so I’m unsure what to do with it