Sedan/Estate Thread

Simple, but clean and pleasant. I like your car.

Available with 142 (250 TurboDiesel) to 350 (550) horsepower.

5 Likes

Introducing to the world, the 1974 Ascot Grenadier EX 2.5. Ascot Automotive’s answer to Gasmea’s recent influx of imported models, the Grenadier seeks to show what an economical homegrown offering can do. With a new 2.5 Inline 4 (a.k.a cut in half 305 V8) and tuned to provide premium fuel economy, you can show those foreigners what for in your all Gasmean brand, Ascot.

2 Likes

Want a Grenadier but wish it had the go anywhere prowess and grunt?

Introducing:

The 1974 Grenadier MX4 3.7!

2 Likes

Some soul-less cheap American shitboxes, the 1982 Globus Intruder and the successor, the slightly less disastrous 1990 Globus Bravura. The latter has at least interior parts that don’t fall off on bumpy roads and doesn’t rust after driving the first time in the rain.

3 Likes

This is the most luxurious car I have made so far in 4.2 - the 1995 Ventnor V12. Aesthetically, it’s inspired by the contemporary Bentley Continental R, but in a sleeker four-door format.

Engineering-wise, it’s powered by an all-alloy 400-bhp 6.0L naturally aspirated V12 driving the rear wheels via a 5-speed advanced automatic transmission and a geared LSD. It’s hand-built to order, hence the hand-made interior (which incorporates a luxury stereo sound system, plus a CD/cassette tape player). For maximum comfort, it utilizes air suspension with adaptive dampers and semi-active sway bars, tuned for a smooth ride with a hint of sportiness. The interior - trimmed in the finest genuine wood, leather and metal trim (exact colors being dependent on the buyer’s request) - usually seats four, but you can specify a five-seat configuration at extra cost.

More Pictures

I used 1 techpool point for the block/heads (to select aluminum/silicon as a material for both), 1 techpool point for the chassis (to unlock AHS steel as a chassis material), and 2 techpool points for driver assists (to ensure that ESC is available by '95 - I had it fitted to this build).

Obviously, such opulence doesn’t come cheap - the markets section of the overview tab shows an estimated price of $73,500 AMU - but anyone in 1995 looking for the most luxurious thing on four wheels could do a lot worse than the Ventnor V12.

(I only posted this after taking a look at the Primus Legacy above, and realizing that I wanted to - and could - do even better.)

3 Likes

Not sure if one can compare the cars, the Legacy rivals the S-Class, the Ventnor a Rolls. However, this is what these threads are for: Inspiring others and challenging them to make better cars. The Bentley vibe is totally believable, the only thing I don’t like is the rear which is very bland i.m.o. Well, mine in contrast takes maybe a bit too much inspiration from the original body donator, the Opel Senator so I might be sitting in a greenhouse and should not throw a stone.

Which body did you make this on?

I chose one of the '88 Indicator body sets (a remake of the E31-esque coupe body from 4.24 and earlier) - specifically, the largest one, with a 3.0m wheelbase.

Automation reckons this is a two door sedan so…

The Ascot Renegade 450S

Will work on an interior for it… maybe…

In 1994, only a minor early facelift changed the appearance of the Legacy. The front lights were now more transparent due to Xenon bulbs, the bumpers were now in color of the car, the rear got different material for the taillights, the chrome handle of the trunk was widened and the plate moved upwards while the rear bumper became smaller.
The interior featured a nicer steering wheel, but not so much more. Most changes were under the metal, such as new engines and a brand new 5-speed-automatic.

This was surely not enough to beat newer competitors, but on the other hand, the car wasn’t left behind in this tough market.

2 Likes

MORINI 1900 T (1933)

2 Likes

The B7 50Si. The 911-killer (though not really)

6 Likes

1994 Primus Merit

Available with the engines:
200td
250tds

and the trim levels
Classic
Comfort
Sport
Elegance
Avance

5 Likes

1933 Authié et Dallier 4/26 Landau Sedan. My first real attempt at a pre-war car, and yes, kind of a new brand for me that I probably will introduce soon.

Engineering is barely done at all since it doesn’t work well for 30s cars in Automation so…mostly done for the aesthetics.

4 Likes

Great refinement and sublety.

1 Like

Thanks! I see one minor flaw now, forgot to mirror the door hinges, they were rarely hidden in this era. They are there on the other side though…

3 Likes

The Legacy was a conservative premium car that, even in its luxury version, didn’t really deserve the word “fancy”. After new top-end cars like the Ventnor came on the market, it was clear that the successor needed more prestige and modernity.

In 1998, the Cognoscenti replaced the Legacy, and even if the Legacy well deserved the title “comfortable car”, the Cognoscenti set the benchmark in comfort.
Even if it is larger than the predecessor, it looks much smaller, thanks to its sleek and fluent silhouette. The standard equipment is described with two words: fully complete - even a Sat Nav was fitted in EVERY Cognoscenti. The acoustic PDC from Legacy facelift recieved an optical screen as support and the 600 came with a V12 with 490 horsepower - and, as the first Primus ever, an active suspension, tuned for comfort.
Once again the new Primus overtook the competition, however, it’s price accellerated as fast as it’s engines, the Legacy was almost a bargain in comparison. A Diesel version was not offered for '98, but expected to come soon after.

5 Likes

Morini Stambecco, unique built in 1943.
Restored in 2021 and exhibited at the Villa D’este elegance competition in 2022.

In the garage

At Villa D’Este

4 Likes

That might be the impetus I need to develop a successor to the Ventnor V12…

2 Likes