Sedan/Estate Thread

yes, I was even able to do a proper Thunderbird/Cougar replica.
Meanwhile, the 1995 Globus Grand Cruiser is taking shape on the better body. I was able to keep it close to the stable build.

Just Missouri things…

3 Likes

All it needs now are wheel spats, suspension hydropneumatique, and culasses hexagonales then it will be perfectly Français!

And a rubbeur front änd rear bumpeur for parking á Paris.
Oui, and special baguette holdeurs on the dash, with a fromage compartement.

N’oubliez pas, les pneus de caoutchouc lunaire et le trois roues directrices!

I did indeed give it hydropneumatic suspension, at the very least.

1991 AMS Albite 4.0

Originally made for FC1 and proposed as a general-purpose personnel transport.

1 Like

2000-2005 Globus Grand Cruiser, the final version of a landyacht legend. The second facelift of the L90R platform was already a dinosaur when it was introduced, but after 10 years, it´s reliability was very good and despite a very outdated chassis, comfort and power for money was hardly to be found somewhere else. It was quite common as taxi in Gasmea.

5 Likes

1969 Yamaguchi 417

After some pathetic but cheap and reliable Kei cars sold, Yamaguchi needed a “real” car to both be seen as a capable car company and to have something to export, mainly to Archana.

The 417 was in some details progressive (OHC engine!), but in most conservative. For the money, the customer recieved a 70 horsepower engine and space for five as well as proven reliability. With less than 10 liter consumption and easy servicing, the 417 was not a bad car for the non-premium family segment and an acceptable taxi. Having the export in mind, Yamaguchi placed the gauges in the middle and left space for steering rack and pedals on the left side in the engine bay.

A Deluxe model with disc brakes and slightly upgraded suspension as well as a nicer interior was available. The optional bicolor paint was already quite out of fashion in 1969, but Yamaguchi was a traditional company, even in the conservative Ariya.

4 Likes

1977 Cavaliere Nobile Caligula

Fast. Ultra luxurious. Handling of a sports car. We better don´t speak about price and reliability…

3 Likes

The Dragon’s range of models in 1966.

Dragon 57 whit basic interiors

Dragon 72 whit standard interiors

Dragon 88 whit premium interior

2 Likes

Is a 2 door, but Automation says it’s a sedan soo…

Is a cheap crap econobox from the 70s, but it has one feature that is unique for one of my cars…

CUSTOM MADE LIGHTS

…ahem. I was bored so, I made the lights using flat shapes, vents and one of the 3D cylinder shapes. I guess it could be considered a ‘proof of concept’, but I don’t know if I’d try to keep using it or if it’s too much effort for such little results.

3 Likes

My first attempt of American car the Falcon - Lux One produced by 1944 to 1947.

5 Likes

American car, part 2, the Falcon - Lux One II produced by 1948 to 1953.

5 Likes

1991 AMS Albite 4.0 ES

Based on my FC1 submission, but retuned to run on 95 RON premium unleaded, to tie in with JOC4B.

The spec shown here is identical to that of Bruno’s personal car (except for plate size) - he bought it in 1990 after realizing that he needed something in which to carry his wife and two children.

With 300 horsepower from a 4.0L all-alloy V8 driving the rear wheels via a five-speed advanced automatic gearbox, plus all-independent suspension (dual wishbones up front and a multilink rear) tuned to provide a balanced blend of comfort and sportiness, this full-size sports sedan blends vivacity with usability.

The interior (shown above on the original FC1-friendly version) has all the mod-cons you’d expect from a car of this type - full leather interior with wood accents, climate-controlled air conditioning, high-quality stereo surround sound system with CD/cassette player, central locking, and dual front airbags. All in all, it’s a pleasant place to be wherever you sit.

3 Likes

2001-2004 Inertia Fantica, Pre-Fl
Inertia’s boring wagon made when cars were, well, boring. I guess everybody starts somewhere, and in this case its a 16 yr old looking for a car.

3 Likes

1989 and 1994 Cavaliere Nobile Freccia

Both cars shown are top trims in export spec, but the cheaper ones are fun as well.

4 Likes

American car, part 3, the Falcon - Lux One III produced by 1954 to 1959.

2 Likes

1992 Yamaguchi Zen

The seekest car of it´s time, often called “catfish” by the press, intended to attack the competitor IP and therefore changing the whole concept of the Zen. A wide selection of engines was available, with everyone except the base being boxer engines for a better handling. Advanced chassis, class-leading aerodynamics and sporty handling at good economy made this a success, although the design was not liked by everyone.

5 Likes

American car, part 4, the Falcon - Lux One IV produced by 1960 to 1964.

2 Likes

1998 Yamaguchi Kuruma WRC STX

You can get the new Kuruma in all sort of variants, from the budget shitbox for your daily traffic jam commute to a pathetic job up to the rally-spec WRC STX which has 280 horsepower - according to the manufactor. In reality, it has 330…

3 Likes