Sedan/Estate Thread

1998 Yamaguchi Kuruma WRC STX

You can get the new Kuruma in all sort of variants, from the budget shitbox for your daily traffic jam commute to a pathetic job up to the rally-spec WRC STX which has 280 horsepower - according to the manufactor. In reality, it has 330…

3 Likes

My knock-off Lancia Thema 8.32 wagon… just cause.

3 Likes

nice, the lights look great

1979 and 1985 Yamaguchi Kuruma

The Kuruma is the successor of the 417/Mobula and a cheap family car. The car was developed in a joint venture with Planar (exterior design by @lotto77 ). The center gauges, a mean to reduce the work to convert between LHD and RHD versions, are the only real quirk of it - the rest is perfectly boring.
The facelifted version keeps this feature and adds even more refinement.

3 Likes

American car, part 5, the Falcon - Lux One V produced by 1965 to 1970.

4 Likes

202X Voss R-series

This is my vision of what could a car like the new 7-series look like, but less in-your-face. And yeah, I didn’t have good ideas for the sides, so they’re somewhat bare. You can learn more about it and download in my thread for random stuff.

10 Likes

I like this - does it have an interior?

Nah, I only (rarely) make interiors for cars of my “proper” brands (and this isn’t one of them), as I don’t care about those “lower tier” ones too much and for me the process is too tedious, cumbersome, and the parts are too limited. But then again, I barely even publish the “proper” ones outside of challenges, because I’m a damn perfectionist who’d like to make complete presentations for them with some lore background, tech specs and available variants.

Very nice front indeed, i also like how the wheels match the lights…well done.

BEHOLD the low effort(took 5 hours to make with all trims) creation of mine: The ETR Cordea 1992

The car comes with 2 body styles: Sedan-ish Liftback and Station Wagon/Estate.
And it comes with 3 trims + 1 sport trim
The car in the pic is the top trim (not the sport one tho).
Engine options are: 1.6/1.8/2.0/2.8. All of these are high cam profile NA VVT engines. The 2.0 has VVT + VVL.

I think I did a fairly good job making a generic looking 90’s mid-size saloon. It could have some more details but I didnt have the time to add those.

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Third generation Salon Companion, released in 1988. 2.0 LX model shown in the picture.

14 Likes

Not bad for a first attempt - if I’m not mistaken, the Cordea is based on the '84 Commoner body set, and you did a great job with it.

1997 Empire Larkspur SXL 30th Anniversary Edition

6 Likes

Thanks mate. It is not really my first attempt at making a sedan but it is my first attempt at making a proper and detailed sedan.

I forgot what the body’s name was but it probably is the commoner.

This is the 1981 Iberville Marseille. Not the first car I’ve made, but it is the first that I feel is good enough to share here. It’s an American luxury sedan competing with cars like the Chrysler Fifth Avenue and Cadillac DeVille. It is rear-wheel-drive, has a 5.3 liter V8, a ladder chassis, a top speed of 140 mph, and a 0-60 of around 7 seconds. This is the fleet-level Limited trim, so sadly no vinyl roof. No interior either, I still haven’t really figured out how to do them.

7 Likes

Welcome to the forums! Make sure to interact a bunch so you can hain permissions like post editing and such. I’m really liking this design, maybe consider adding some more trim and maybe different mirrors? Its going along nicely.

This is the 1970 Gavril Bishop, a European compact sedan competing against cars like the Opel Ascona and Morris Marina. This particular car is a base trim made for the British market, so it has right hand drive, only two headlights, and a 1.3 liter I4 making 58 horsepower. It has an interior, but it’s currently unfinished.

3 Likes

2003-2008 HatzenBach Vorstadt 300 GS

3 Likes

1949 Winson Ruby 1500 Deluxe, a compact postwar family car aimed for the upper middle class market who want good quality and smart looks but not too large of a car, this vehicle being around the size of a Morris Minor.

13 Likes

I am still new to the game (and the forums for that matter) but this is honestly one of my proudest works.
The 1988 Sugbo Kudzu FS, the sporty option of Sugbo’s mid-size sedan offering.

7 Likes