Sedan/Estate Thread

1987-94 SAARLAND AMBROSIA Mk1

The Saarland Ambrosia was introduced in 1987 as a replacement for the long lived Saarland Bischof. It was rear wheel drive like its predecessor, but ditched the solid rear axle for a semi trailing arm suspension. It also added some other new technology like rear disc brakes and standard ABS.

It was available as a sedan or station wagon, with 1.8, 2 and 2.4 litre 4-cylinder engines, as well as 2.6 and 3 litre 6-cylinder units. The entry level model was the XE, followed by the LE and the most luxurious model, the GLE. There also was a sports model of the 3 litre sedan called the ES. In 1990 Saarland teamed up with Swedish sports car manufacturer RAUK, that enlarged the 3 litre inline six to 3.6 litres and added a turbocharger, in the low volume special version “RAUK-Saarland Ambrosia ET”.

The first generation Ambrosia was replaced by the second generation in 1994, even if a few MY94 Mk1 Ambrosias actually were built.

9 Likes

Well, I’ll be the first to say that this was not the car I set out to make today, but… I guess it’s what happened. To some of the old-timers here, you’ll recognize the name and the body of this car, and there’s some familiar styling cues, but… It’s gotten a much-needed UE4 treatment and a styling revamp.

This is the 2005 Storm Surge XR-3 plug-in Hybrid.

Layout: L-AWD (50/50 power distribution)
Engine: 1590cc DOHC I3 turbocharged with VVL/VVT, 134hp, Direct Fuel Injection
Transmission: 6 speed Sequential, geared differentials
Chassis Design: Glued aluminum chassis, aluminum panels
Suspension: Double Wishbone / Multi-Link

End result? 61.1 MPG (US).

(Yes, I know there are more optimizations I could make, but this is already beating the original Storm Surge XR-3’s MPG by quite a bit, and there were some hefty balance changes between Kee and UE4 that make comparing the rest of the stats like comparing apples and lemons.)

4 Likes

1966-72 SAARLAND ADJUNKT

1969 Deluxe models in Indigo blue and Norwegian green shown

The Saarland Adjunkt was introduced in 1962 as the smallest model in the lineup, slotting in under the Bischof. It also was the first attempt from Saarland to build a front wheel drive car.

The second generation was introduced already in 1966. It was a slightly larger car than its short lived predecessor. It also featured larger engines, where the only alternative in the first generation had been an 1 litre 4-cylinder, the new Adjunkt could be had with a variety of engines, from a 48 hp 1.1 litre to a 75 hp 1.4 litre. The bodystyles available at the launch was a two door sedan, four door sedan or a two door wagon. Later a four door wagon also joined the lineup.

The second generation Adjunkt was replaced with the third generation for the 1973 model year. However, a demand for larger engines (that was hard to fit to the FWD platform of the Adjunkt) as well as some customers still being sceptical to front wheel drive also meant that the slightly larger RWD Saarland Alpin was introduced in 1970, slotting in between the Adjunkt and the Bischof.

5 Likes

Wells Design Concept 2

DC-2

5 Likes

Leutewagen Meta GTH

5 Likes

Work in progress. A sedan with identity crisis on it’s exterior design (I think), a mix of formulas between the Hudson Hornet (just imagine a modern version of it), Ford Taurus, Bentley Continental, and Ford Mustang (the rear, no photos for this one yet, anyways they’re some of my favorite sedans). For now, I name it after my real life initials, since it’s pretty much how I image myself if I was a car (this one is pretty much me wearing anything formal).

8 Likes

2020 (mk.3 facelift) Essa Bravada X-Line

5 Likes

2018 Leutewagen Meta Toursport and Sedan

6 Likes

Small sedans, pre-facelift and the facelift

6 Likes

1998 Avion Nyx Ti V8

12 Likes

LVAP Slamp EEEX 6040.
Spedometer’s redline - 6800 rpm.
Motor: 388hp and 418 nm 308 lb-ft.
This sedan has superb handling and requires minimal driving skills, which is of course a plus. As you might have guessed, 60 percent power is applied forwards.
The engine is a SOHC32 V8.
The NBGP run was 2:38 minutes, 15 seconds slower than the more boring BMW M3 Challenge, that has RWD.

1 Like

Clearly one of the most well-designed cars I have seen on that body, nice job.

3 Likes

1986 Schnell LX20 LSi

3 Likes

Thank you sir :ok_hand:

1 Like

WMD TR-1

9 Likes

Thats a great car, why post delete?

I missed it

Press the orange pencil and 1 and you can see what was edited

1 Like

Thanks for that…

Damn, not bad at all…maybe it’ll surface again🤔…

1 Like

My first car after half a year. What do you think its inspired on? I called the model 100. Any ideas for a brand name?

5 Likes