boring shit disease

4 Likes

The 2014 Bellfire Monika SE "For all your daily needs"

6 Likes

2021 Rockerfeller Alumni Sport

11 Likes

First Attempt at a car.

3 Likes

So, this one may be a bit controversial, as it’s a big two-door car, but… It’s from the 1970’s, it’s American, and it has two bench seats. I think that qualifies it, if only loosely, as a two-door sedan more than a coupe.

This is the 1970-1984 Bricksley Knight. Specifically, this one’s the 1975 model before any attempts at a design update from 1970.

It’s powered by a 427ci V8 with the optional single turbocharger, making not-quite-enough horsepower to have fun, while still getting appallingly terrible fuel efficiency at 5.2 US MPG.

If you think it still sounds fun, that’s because you haven’t been introduced to the soulless 4 speed slushbox it uses to telegraph that insufficient power to the rear wheels.

Mostly, this was my excuse to build a car to play with the new update, and I have to admit, I like it. Of course, this car’s a clear example of a work in progress for me, but… I’m getting somewhere with it.

(Practically obligatory interior shot. Yes, I did bother to put an 8-track tape in the player. And yes, I did that instead of filling the gap between dashboard and hood. As I said, work in progress.)

It’s not a great car, but I was having fun screwing around. Sure, it probably belongs in some “Coupes” thread, but the one I saw is packed full of supercars and fast things. This is anything but fast.

The only way to really have fun with this car is to swap out the 4 barrel carb for mechanical injection, get it off of that crappy Regular Unleaded in favor of Aviation Gasoline, crank the compression back up, and put better tires on it. Oh, and cut off the catalytic converter before you blow it up with leaded gas.

5 Likes

That would be a great idea - the subforum really needs a thread dedicated to coupes that aren’t out-and-out sports cars or supercars.

2 Likes

congrats you made an early 2000’s looking hirochi sunburst

Tall estate :stuck_out_tongue:

11 Likes

Not a car yet, but mostly a WIP interior. The E8, the luxury GT that defines them all.

3 Likes

Maybe the best way to enjoy a Saarland Ambrosia was as a roomy station wagon, though. Like usual, the wagon was called the “Pilger”. It was available with all the engines from the Ambrosia sedan, though there was no ES trim. The 2.4 litre 4-cylinder models, as well as the 2.6 and 3 litre models had a limited slip differential that was only optional in the sedans.

The example shown is a 2.6 litre in “Polaris white”, model year 1994, last year for the Mk1 Ambrosia, a very rare model year since the Mk2 was introduced in 1994.

5 Likes

Looks like a small version of Pontiac Aztec, Walter White approves

The last generation of the Saarland Kardinal was introduced in 1987. Like its predecessor, it used most of the centre portion of the body from the Ambrosia (or in the case of its predecessor, the Bischof), but adapted a more formal styling. The Kardinal, as the top of the line model it was supposed to be, was only sold with the 3 litre engine, with automatic transmission and hardly anything was optional since most stuff you could think of was included as standard.

Since sales of the Kardinal were declining and since there afte all was not much difference from a loaded Ambrosia, the Kardinal ended production in 1994.

6 Likes

Is this build based on one of the new bodies introduced in 4.2, and if so, in what size (specifically, wheelbase)? If not, I’m assuming you used the updated version of either the Crown Vic or E31 bodies, both of which have been carried over from 4.1.

1 Like

It’s the small Crown vic body.

3 Likes

From what I’ve seen, I think it’s the one with the 2.7m wheelbase, then - in other words, E-segment sized for the 1990s.

yes

1978 SAARLAND KARDINAL PILGER

The only time in history the Saarland Kardinal has been available as a wagon (or, in Saarland language, “Pilger”) was in its 1978-86 generation. Basically, it combined the body of the Saarland Bischof wagon with the front end and luxurious equipment from the Saarland Kardinal. That meant that, for example, that the doors were different from the Kardinal sedan, that was a fake hardtop with a hidden B-pillar. The wagon had a visible B-pillar, just like the Bischof in both sedan and wagon form.

The Kardinal Pilger was available with the same engines as the Kardinal sedan and Zandvoort coupé. That meant that even the 3 litre 181 hp inline six was available, making it pretty fast for a 70s station wagon. However, sales were moderate compared to its cheaper Bischof sibling, meaning that the Kardinal wagon was dropped when the new generation arrived in 1987.

4 Likes

2008 Taimania Monetsu XLS 3.5

8 Likes

1979 Concord Corinthian

The Corinthian was Concord’s Full-size Luxury sedan that had been in continuous production since 1952. But ever since the oil embargo of 1973, efforts to downsize it and the other large Concord models had been made for the sake of fuel economy. This downsized 6th generation model is over a foot and a half shorter than its predecessor, as well as being over 400 pounds lighter. But, it still continues on with it’s optional 7.5 liter V8, along with smaller 6.6L and 5.8L V8s.

6 Likes