Sedan/Estate Thread

Rigel Odiel

5-door sedan Basic trim

2 Likes

Ah yes, a typical Rigel. Very realistic and period-correct, having a spanish vibe and well detailed but nowhere overdone. I would like to see Rigel in community challenges.

2 Likes

1972 VAUGHN TOBAGO

In 1960, Vaughn introduced the Endura, as a more compact alternative to the full sized models like the El Mirage. Soon after that, a station wagon model was introduced, called the Vaughn Tobago.

The Endura/Tobago got their first major restyling in 1964, and the second in 1968. The 1968 model was then produced until 1972 with just minor changes.

Engineering wise, the mid size Vaughn was very close to its full size relatives. That meant body on frame construction, longitudinal engine, rear wheel drive, a double wishbone suspension up front and a solid axle in the rear, with a K-link suspension and coil springs.

As was the case with many american cars of the era, you could option it more or less how you wanted to. Six or eight cylinders, 3 speed auto or either 3- or 4 speed manual, and many different option packages.

This 1972 Tobago is optioned rather sporty, with the 210 hp 353 cubic inch V8, bucket seats up front, 4 speed manual, front disc brakes and a limited slip differential. One could say that this is a car that really hauls in both ends.

The next restyle came in 1973, and then another one in 1978. Both the Endura and Tobago were discontinued for the 1988 model year.

(urgh…I should have turned off the ground snapping I see now, lol.)

8 Likes

Even if I’m currently planning to enter with an Austrian import, this one is so accurate that I’ll have to consider building something American as well.

2 Likes

The Morini 1900 a car product from 1950 to 1955 in three trims.

In red: Morini 1900 a five-seater sedan with a single carburettor 1900cc I4 engine with 85 horsepower.

In wine: Morini 1900 L a five-seater sedan with a single carburettor 1900cc I4 engine with 85 horsepower but with more chrome and the addition of fog lights.

In green: Morini 1900 S a 4-seater coupe with a 1900cc I4 engine with single carburettor but 2 Barrells with a power of 93 horsepower.

1 Like

2000 Globus Bravura LS

The third generation Bravura was even more boring than it’s predecessors, and the LS base trim only makes all worse.
However, a boring car is not always a bad car. The Bravura was reliable, secure to drive and a cheap way to get from A to B in a relatively comfortable way.
Please look at the DIY radio, now even with button text.

5 Likes

The 1955 Morini car line up. all based on the 005 platform but with a wheelbase that gradually lengthens.

Morini 1100

Morini 1500

Morini nuova 1900

2 Likes

Configuration Vaugn Tobago is a high pilotage, it is show, how it gorgeous, and thoughtness. :heart_eyes:
But I must noticed, that it frankly design rather match our days, but not these far, strict era of 1972…

2008-2013 Omota Sintora JX
A boring European sedan that even teenagers dread having to drive.

5 Likes

Morini 1300/ Morini 1600 (1962-1971)

The only differences was the engine and the numbers of headlights

5 Likes

Morini 1600 TI (1962)

The lightened version of the Morini 1600 with tuned engine for participating in competitions reserved for touring cars.

Technical fiches

On the road

3 Likes

6 Likes

2023 Enuly Hanjui
Omota’s partnerzhip with Enuly creates a weird modern 2nd gen Omota Sintora.

3 Likes

1970-1980 Globus Grand Cruiser

Shown are a 1970, 1974 and 1977 model. When it was presented, it was a 325-hp-strong luxury boat, and when it faded out it was a relic from the past, the time for overly large body-on-frame cars was over by the second oil crisis and recession.

Despite it’s rapid decline at the end of the 70s, it was overall a very succesful car for Globus, and when it went for good the brand was almost dead, just coming back two years later with more efficient cars like a phoenix out of the ashes.

7 Likes

Lovely!

An early to mid 50s Gasmean full size sedan. Base Model with a 120 hp straight 6

3 Likes

Zip 001 (1946)
Are you a general secretary of commie party.
This is the car for you.

7 Likes

ZIP 002 (1958)

4 Likes

1995 Avion Titan 3.0i

9 Likes

1974 Van Zandt Keystone

6 Likes