Sedan/Estate Thread

the Alya Toron. Why did Shooting Brakes never catch on anyways?

6 Likes

2012-16 Tokis Maxwell

The Tokis Maxwell was a Mid-Size Sedan produced by Omota division Tokis from 2012-2016. It was one of very few Tokis Models sold globally. It was a average sedan that was average to see in between 2014 and 2018. Tokis would issue a facelift half-way through the 2015 Year. They issue the 2015.5 Tokis Maxwell, it received a minor facelift that updated styling, tech, and engines. The new Etec Flo-3.4 Liter I6 engine was added to replace the ZZ60 3.2 Liter I6, which was aging after a decade of being used on various models. The Maxwell never caught on to well due to it’s faint recognition and poor and small Omota-Tokis dealer range, with only three dealers being named “Omota-Tokis”. This lead to it’s discontinuation on August 28th, 2016. The Car was removed off of Omota’s Tokis tab under it’s website in November 2016.
Pre-Facelift

Facelift, Shown on a dealer lot in August 2015. It’s parked next to a Omota Next, which shows that it’s
shown at a Omota dealer.

3 Likes

DAN 1100 (1972)

A premium four dors car for younger driver

4 Likes

Thought experiment; what if giant luxury liftback sedan a la Porsche Panamera Executive… But with 2nd row legroom sacrificed for a 3rd seating row behind the normal rear seats? And not Tesla Model S style rear facing baby seats no we’re doing proper seats.

Result: 2006 Pippuri Cygnale

Besides simply the outright size of the car, the high mounted angular halogen projector headlights combined with the signature Pippuri twin chrome lines (which also hide the dual antennae) across the hood, roof and lower twin segment grille bring a sense of occasion and grandeur to the Cygnale.

That name, Cygnale, a reference to an elegant, graceful and fast creature that carries it’s children under it’s secure wings; cygnus, the swan.

Luxury dual tone leather seating for all seven with even the third row having full size seating, the roofline that extends well above the third row, the four zone climate, innovative (trash by 2023 standards) navigation, warm orange mood lighting and speakers for all seats provide and guarantee the utmost comfort for six adults to cruise along.

The chrome speed streaks under the doors and behind the wheelarches combined with the speedboat like rear overhang aren’t only appearance of speed, however. The cygnale’s impressive hood hides beneath it Pippuri’s fuel efficient evolution of it’s 5 litre VZ5K v12 engine with Multi-Inject technology for a maximum fuel efficient, maximum torque PMi engine with 400hp power and 600Nm of torque yet returning a relatively impressive 14 litres per 100km in mixed driving.

Now, who would want to be seen in a Mercedes R-Class, when you could have this? Minivans are now a joke, and good family SUVs are yet to be proven. So don’t buy that Q7. Go to your Pippuri dealer instead, and show the world your family’s worth in your new Cygnale.

(Non-marketing voice; I had a ton of fun experimenting with new, bold 2000’s luxury styling choices and a ton of fun with fiddling with the interior for a third row between the gigantic wheel arches. This project was really fun overall. And moving the roof so far back to provide headroom for the third row combined with the boatlike tail made for a noble profile, in my opinion.)

9 Likes

Assol Vista 2(KoAZ 2165)/Vista Cross(KoAZ 2166)-Russian car manufactured by the KoAZ plant. It is new and will be on sale only in June of this year. After Cherrier left Russia and the sale of the KoAZ plant to RusTechnologies, a search began for a partner to launch the second generation of Vista, as a result, the Iranian automaker Tarpan was chosen, while Vista 2 is just the beginning of cooperation, because it is planned to expand the lineup of companies, as well as mutual export of cars . There are three cars in the family: Vista 2 sedan, Vista 2 hatchback and Vista Cross (compact cross hatch positioned as a separate model). Four engines are installed on cars: a 1.4 liter tarpan engine with 90 hp, a 1.0 liter turbo engine of joint development with a capacity of 104 hp, a clone of the Cherrier 1.6 engine (with an increased volume) with a capacity of 110 hp and a 1.7 liter tarpan turbo engine with a capacity of 163 hp. Goes on sale in June this year

Vista Sedan

Vista Hatchback

Vista Cross

Engines
1.7T 4I17IT (Tarpan) 163hp I4 SOHC 16V 5-speed auto-manual FWD
1.6 110hp I4 SOHC 16V 5-speed auto-manual FWD
1.0T 104hp I3 SOHC 16V 5-speed auto-manual FWD
1.4 4I14I (Tarpan) 90hp I4 SOHC 16V 5-speed manual FWD

5 Likes

It seems to me a very original and interesting concept, also a good and elegant design.
It’s like a Mercedes V-Class made into a sedan, the drawback maybe in the last row of seats, the free space from the head to the glass.

Very good, congratulations!

:portugal: 1993 Lusitano Sintra

7 Likes

DAN 1100 MK II (1980)

A second generation of premium four dors car for younger driver

The car

The 1100 cc engine whit new injection sistem

3 Likes

Rigel Colombino 1999

The new Rigel sedan, the Rigel Colombino. the ideal car for those seeking comfort and elegance in a single vehicle. The Colombino has a modern and aerodynamic design that not only gives it a sophisticated look, but also improves its fuel efficiency. In addition, it features high-intensity headlights that provide bright, clear illumination for added safety when driving at night.

6 Likes

Here’s something I’m super proud of. More non-advert voice later, listen to this while reading to get the mood of the car (and any commercials I’ve thought up in my head).

A new age of mobility begets a new age for Sampo.

Welcome a new logo and a new style, Sampo Hani

*All images in this post are of the Hani+, with the plus sign indicating the estate version.

Go back in time to go back to the future. The Sampo Hani takes on a bold retro style with multiple different looks, not inspired by a specific model in Sampo’s own past but of many a classic design all in one perfect compact sedan/wagon.

To embrace the new EV world, Sampo is debuting a new badge with the Hani. Out with the reindeer of old, Sampo now sports a stylized letter S, that can also be interpreted as a lightning bolt. This new logo also hides the horizontally opening charging port on the front mask of this unique B-segment vehicle.

What’s under the hood if not an engine? Rather than a traditional front trunk (which other manufacturers may forego completely) the Sampo Hani uses free space above and between drive gear to house a full size spare wheel with grabhandles, an emergency kit for first aid and repairs, in addition to access hatches for the battery and fluids.

An estate body style not only adds to the retro stylings, the extended roofline makes sure the Hani+ not only has a larger cargo capacity but also better headroom than traditional hatchback vehicles in the B-segment, such as Polo, Fiesta or Fabia. (A sedan body style is also available for markets that still appreciate that.)

Hani is available with a variety of both exterior styles as well as interior styles. In addition to the space provided by the traditional yet smooth body, Regal models like the one pictured above have options for faux-leather interiors with classic styles such as the above pictured saddle brown and black laced with lacquered real wood.

Alternatively, you can shroud the airy two spoke wheel and the Hani’s impressive (Largest round OLED-screen in any production car!) infotainment screen in white faux-leather and black alcantara on Colour trims, combined with black wood, carbon effect or exterior paint accents. The choice is yours!

Explore our range of paints for both Regal and Colour models, design your own interior style and find your perfect Hani! You won’t have to worry about saving on options, either. Every Hani comes with every possible equipment option as standard! You’re only left with choosing your own style.

All Regal models come with a black mask, chrome accenting and machined face 16" wheels. On the counter, Colour models come with a white mask and roof and 16" wheels with body colour inserts. Both styles come with surface adaptive active suspension to counter cobblestone roads in cities where Hani is bound to make it’s home.

In it’s entirety Hani is an exciting new step for Sampo in the age of EVs. A new standard for design, a new standard for quality, and a new standard for technology. Hani will surely be the pride of SPA-Group’s catalogue both 2023 and onward.

///Advert voice over, the reason I’m super proud is that I’ve had this dream of making a retro styled B-segment EV wagon in Automation for literal years now, but I’ve never got the styling right to be satisfied with what I see. In addition to that, I’ve put so much effort into this design in other ways too, like multiple fully custom fixtures (The wing mirrors, for example are custom) and overall maybe my highest fixture count ever to get to this relatively simple and elegant design.

8 Likes

It looks like an SUV, but actually isn’t one, hence its placement here. As for the body set used as the basis for it, it’s definitely not the '85 Relay (in any size), but something else - it could be the 5-door wagon version of the '62 Simple body set, if I’m not mistaken.

However, given that pure battery-powered EVs aren’t yet possible in Automation, I suspect you created a placeholder engine to power the Hani. What type is it, then, and does it power the front wheels, the rear wheels, or all four (either AWD or 4x4)? At any rate, it looks just like a retro-futuristic EV should.

1 Like

Yeap, the body is the '62 2.5m simple Combo.

As for the placeholder engine, my usual go-to is a (as large as will fit) NA 3-cylinder heavily muffled with expensive options (for a more realistic ev drivetrain price), in this case exactly 3.0l driving the rear wheels only, as is typical for bespoke small EVs.

My reasoning is that these unrealistically large 3-cylinders provide plenty torque from the jump, a pretty linear power curve and are almost completely silent when exported to BeamNG without doing any unpacking editing to the vehicle’s zip. Hella noisy in the Automation test phase though.

Wasn’t there a thing that if you put ‘!ev!’ in the car description then export it, it will actually turn it into one? I was sure that I saw people doing that.

I recently exported a car without doing that and discovered that in the BeamNG parts configurator, there were options to replace the stock fuel tank and engine with a battery, electric motor and motor controller - try it yourself to see what I mean. Unfortunately it doesn’t seem to properly simulate the wave of low-end torque with an electric motor, which means you have to floor the car from a standstill and it still accelerates far too slowly.

3 Likes

I tried that and the !ev! thing and wow… Yeah it takes an absolute age to accelerate and is weak and heavy, so I’m assuming doing this isn’t super intentional. I remember in a previous version of Beam you could open the ZIP up, just delete a couple lines and switch the sound files to remove the engine sound, exhaust smoke and the ICE-style gearbox operation. That at least kept the character of the car, this technique is awful.

2009 Primus Cognoscenti

Sharper styling, better handling, more prestige. The luxury Primus is all-new to sucessfully compete in the next decade.

4 Likes

That’s a rather sharp looking car.

1 Like

Allure S4 2.0t

2 Likes

1976 Avion Castello Nightwing

12 Likes

Interessing mix of American and European styling.

2 Likes