SGTV '16 Hockenheimring GP Endurance Race results

Oh, cool! Means I can make my van look more like, well, a van (or maybe a bus…)

Where does it go from here?

I am very confused…:confused:

Put it in this filepath: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Automation\GameData

You’ll see all the Steam mods in the GameData folder, just place the “thecarlover10RacingVan” folder in there and it’ll appear in-game next time you launch it.

Thank You Very Much, TCL! <3

Looks like there’s no defined fuel type. Am I to assume we do have access to Ultimate Unleaded?

yup if its not in the rules its allowed

I’ll give it 48 more hours after this is posted before I close the polls and start acepting entries as it looks like the rules are good with the lack of activity here. If you think a rule should be changed this is your last chance to let me know.

Would it be possible to get a front engine option for the body?

Would like to second the request for a front-engine optional body choice. I like the idea of mid-engine van racing, but I struggle to keep mid-engine vehicles anywhere near driveable.

I’ll see if i can get @thecarlover to make a front engine version for this

First, big like for midseaseon resubmission.

Second, I thinkg the combination with total cost is important. If we will already have 30k (which I would say it’s too much) for a van, than I see no use in giving us 5k to upgrade. On the other hand, building 15k van and than upgrading it makes more sense.

Whats does upgrade mean? Only quality sliders or you can basically rebuild a van?
How long will tyres last?

By upgrade I meant you get 5000 more to make it faster so instead of 30000 you would get 35000to spend total cost

with the tyre wear I am fairly sure that it is the same as the amwec '15 which was
Duration w/a load of 1000kg (2204.62 lbs) on the driving wheels

Soft + 8 quality 200 km // 124.30 miles

Medium + 5 quality 250 km // 155.37miles

Hard + 2 quality 300 km // 186.45 miles

Racing van now has a front engine option. credit to @thecarlover for making it happen so fast

2 Likes

1 Like

Are you sure? A van without power steering sounds a bit too dramatic :sweat_smile:

well it is a racing van and I would rather the drivers get the full feeling of what the wheels are doing

it seem most want 20k as the starting point.

i’d like 5-8k for the starting point, and give an incremental bonus reward for winning one.
since you know, 5k on a 20k van and 2k on a 8k van might give the same percentage of improvements.

and by making the starting point really low, the gratification for winning and getting the bonus each time, feels better than giving that 5k on that 35k van since it might only give marginal improvements.

1 Like

well its looking like its gonna be 20k with a re-tune mid season based on the poll results (6 to 3 on the tune vs upgrade) so I don’t see the point in making the starting money that low.

On the bright side of things you did give me an idea, prize money. This prize money will not be allowed for use on vans but could be good for your companys / racing teams storyline.

Looking forward to this! Only got one preliminary design done, but I’m thinking of taking full advantage of making 2 different vans.

As for a team, Storm Automotive would simply enter as themselves, though the story behind the two vans will be completely different.

I tried to install the mod and despite following your instructions to the letter, I’ve had no success. :sweat:

Is it possible for this mod to be put up on the Workshop so it’ll work?

P.S. The download file only contains the mid engined version, lol!