Share your car ideas:

Do you happen to have an idea for features etc. that you think should be in cars?

Ill start this off quickly with this:
I thought one day, if front wheel drive is an issue because of torque steer, but fwd is still better
for traction etc… wait… why can’t we make a car with FWD but rear wheel steering?
I tested this in the game Garry’s Mod which has quite realistic physics so it worked.
What i discovered was that i got much better traction this way, the control was better,
turning circle is smaller, and i got rid of torque steer.
Why could we not really make cars this way?
I understand it’s hard to connect the steering wheel into the rear wheels, but you don’t
necessarily have to.

Share your own ideas and opinions on existing ones!

1 Like

Having driven a rear wheel steering vehicle they are not stable at speed and even at 15-20mph you’d be hard pressed to stay in control around neighborhood streets let alone 45-50mph back roads or highways.

1 Like

You know what is a lot easier? Making FWD cars with equal length control arms, it’s worked in Nissan’s 1250 hp FWD LMP1 car. And Honda did something similar to kill the new Type-R’s torque-steer. Also, rear-wheel steering only would be terrible, it would be like driving the car in reverse everywhere.

1 Like

Maybe you should tell that to the team of the Trust SSC. :wink:

I’ve said this for a long time, I think we need some kind of device that blocks your phone from getting signal inside your car, but your car would still connect to your phone and recieve phone calls. That way you can’t be using your phone at all while you drive, but you can still recieve and make calls through the handsfree system in the car.
There should also be things in place to stop people removing these devices, too.

[quote=“Microwave”]I’ve said this for a long time, I think we need some kind of device that blocks your phone from getting signal inside your car, but your car would still connect to your phone and recieve phone calls. That way you can’t be using your phone at all while you drive, but you can still recieve and make calls through the handsfree system in the car.
There should also be things in place to stop people removing these devices, too.[/quote]

i actually looked it up, for the US any device that impedes the functionality of any cell phone is highly illegal, its a huge safety concern here (especially for how often some people get shot up)

1 Like

If people are shot that often, I think America has more to worry about than people using their phones whilst driving! :laughing:

1 Like

@ Noporian: Not really a fair example, but just for laughs, item number 10 at the start of the video sums it up perfectly :laughing:

youtube.com/watch?v=KTnGZ37sZqM

[quote=“strop”]@ Noporian: Not really a fair example, but just for laughs, item number 10 at the start of the video sums it up perfectly :laughing:

youtube.com/watch?v=KTnGZ37sZqM[/quote]

Yeah not really a fair example because tall and short vehicle going fast :smiling_imp:

[quote=“Microwave”]I’ve said this for a long time, I think we need some kind of device that blocks your phone from getting signal inside your car, but your car would still connect to your phone and recieve phone calls. That way you can’t be using your phone at all while you drive, but you can still recieve and make calls through the handsfree system in the car.
There should also be things in place to stop people removing these devices, too.[/quote]

That would mean passengers are also unable to use their phones, which would be a no go.

1 Like

Of course there are… “limitations”… but is a passenger not being able to use their phone that bad? What if they’re distracting the driver?

Have you ever been on an over 10min drive? If they’re not on their phone i’m pretty sure they’d be talking to the driver and that’s more distracting

:laughing: I don’t know then, but you get the idea.

1 Like

Yeah in Arizona there is a so far untaught person just shooting at cars on the highway

Person or person(s) they still don’t know, is it still 11 cars?

idk, but they say that there may be a copycat out there

[quote=“Noporian”]

Have you ever been on an over 10min drive? If they’re not on their phone i’m pretty sure they’d be talking to the driver and that’s more distracting[/quote]

This is something I don’t quite get, but I imagine it would vary per person. I think driving is the one thing I can do that I can talk at the same time and experience no difference. This is quite possibly because when driving regularly, there are few instances where I would require a heightened attention on the road (and at these times I do stop talking). But for the most part, experienced drivers would more realistically have frequent periods of trance states when driving routinely, during which one would be headba- I mean listening to music etc. After all, radios are perfectly legal in cars!

There was the case of a Melbourne commuter who got busted and fined not a small amount of money for using a signal jammer to disrupt calls of people he saw driving and talking. He probably thought he was doing a public service, but here too, signal jamming is illegal.