|SIDE QUEST| CCC 2 - Battle for the Dollar |AutoCorsa|

Its 2012. You are a normal person, who happens to be a car enthusiast. You also happen to be a mechanic.

You see a poster. CCC, that’s a name you haven’t heard for a while. “That’s ridiculous, I’m not entering my dear car into a competition to see it get decimated before the first corner.” You think.

Just because you are curious, you decide to continue reading. The poster said that they will be supplying Formula cars to put engines in. It also says that you can take the engine from almost any car. They will put it in, if it just fits the rules. They also mention that they have new drivers now, which actually have a racing license (Lie).

It also says that if you win, you will win 1 (Real) US Dollar.

You want that Dollar. You have no other option but to compete.

Welcome to the 2nd CCC Side Quest! In this challenge, you will be making engines to put into a specific car. Everyone gets the exact same car, the only part that matters is the engine.

This challenge will be happening in Assetto Corsa instead of the usual BeamNG, thus making this possibly the first AutoCorsa challenge. How? zephyrj_15 recently released a tool that allows Automation engines to be swapped into Assetto Corsa cars. It works very well.

Due to this being done in Assetto Corsa we have a lot more possibilities. This includes proper AI, weather, track conditions, automatic cameras, driver aggression and more.

This challenge is definitely not for everyone, as a large part of Automation is car design, but it is for those who want to push performance to the limits (And for those who want 1 dollar). That does not mean that this challenge has no visual choices though. That will be explained later.

Anyways, let’s get to the rules. No need for inspirations, just build whatever you like, if it fits in the rules.

RULES

IMPORTANT: YOU CAN PUT YOUR ENGINE INTO ANY CAR! IT DOES NOT MATTER, ONLY THE ENGINE WILL BE TAKEN OUT, THE CAR IS ONLY USED FOR EXPORTING.

Rule 0: This challenge is in 4.2 aka the Open Beta/Alpha. If you need any help accessing this, please message me.

Rule 1: The engine must be from 2012.

Rule 2: The max size of the engine is 2400cc aka 2.4 Liter.

Rule 3: All engine configurations (types) are allowed, unless said otherwise. (Keep in mind that if you choose I3 or V16, the engine may not sound realistic in Assetto Corsa.)

Rule 4: Turbos are not allowed!

Rule 5: All internals must be either Cast, Heavy Duty Cast, Hypereutectic Cast or Low Friction Cast.

Rule 6: Racing parts are not allowed (Any parts with Race in their name).

Rule 7: The fuel must be 91 RON Unleaded (Regular Unleaded).

Rule 8: The engine must have at least 1 Baffled or Reverse Flow muffler.

Rule 10: Catalytic converter is required (Any is fine).

Rule 11: Carburetors are banned.

Rule 12: Stress of the internals can’t be higher than 3% per part (Pistons, Conrod and Crank).

Rule 13: VVL is not allowed.

Rule 14: The maximum material cost is 1500. To stop you from messing around too much, quality is from -1 to +1. (If you need specification to where this is, message me. Somewhere in the engine menu.)

Rule 15: Techpool must be kept at default! (+5 on everything)

Rule 16 (Added after update, all cars made before are already legal) : The ignition timing slider must be kept at 0, all cars that already have been entered already have it like this. The rules were not designed for this slider, so thats why it is forced to be kept at default.

NOTE: EXCEPTIONS TO RULES ARE NOT A THING IN THIS CHALLENGE! IF YOU WANT TO DO SOMETHING CREATIVE, YOU HAVE TO STICK TO THE RULES!

SUGGESTIONS

Keep in mind that everything of the engine matters, including weight and torque/power curves. In my testing, the car with the most balanced engine won.

Please do not go too high in the RPMs. This may cause issues in Assetto, especially with sound. If you don’t want your car sounding electric or wrong, I’d stay under 8500 rpm for most engines. (Also, too high of RPM’s gives me extra work due to having to manually change gearing.) Though, this is the CCC, so im up for a challenge. Madrias, thats for you.

We will most likely be sticking to low to medium speed, but it all depends on how many entries we get. Do with that what you will.

LIVERIES

This challenge will be using the Ford Spec Racer mod by Daniel Jimenez ( Ford Spec Racer for Assetto Corsa | RaceDepartment ). This will give us a choice of a variety of liveries. Here they are. (When you submit, put the name of the livery somewhere)

All already chosen liveries will be written here. If you would like a basic custom livery such as basic patterns, sponsors, or colors I can always make it for you. Just remember that they most likely won’t be very high quality.

CHOSEN : Black Magic (Djadania) - Canon KFC (Madrias) - Steam (happyfireballman) - Racedepartment (Quneitra) - Adidas (AndiD) - Dominos (ErenWithPizza) - Monster Energy (DoubleTrouble) - nVidia (HyperBoloid) - DHL (Shimmel) - TMC (Tofik/Vampire82) - Dunder Mifflin (Ludvig) - Wario (Soviet Russia) - Nikon (Chema) - Oreo (Ananas) - Red Bull 1 (Vento) - Puma (CH_Flash) - Samsung (HowlerAutomotive) - Cyberpunk (Lanson)

DRIVERS

Now, something important. Who is the driver? Your choice. You can call your driver whatever you want, including yourself (Just no racism or anything like that). All name types are fine, though if you are using a full name, please state the full name (Johnny Jim) instead of initials (J. Jim). It is not shown fully, but it helps with the commentary ai (if used). If you are using your username or anything similar, it will be shown fully (Luiginet). If you do not choose a name, your username will be used. You also can choose the Nationality of the driver, which will show a flag, but it is not necessary. (If not chosen, it will be a World Flag)

If you’d like, you can give the driver a background in a forum post, because why not. If you do, I’d say to make it comedic.

One of the advantages of Assetto Corsa is being able to change aggression of the drivers, so that’s something you can choose. (Driver skill is all equal)

You have the choice between 70% aggression which is the safest but makes the least moves, 80% which is the most balanced, and 90% which makes the most moves but also spins the most. If you do not choose, you will automatically get 80% aggression.

SUBMISSION/MISC

THINGS NEEDED/RECOMMENDED IN SUBMISSION

.car file, or if V16 BeamNG .zip file (If you need help accessing this, please message me!), livery name or suggestion (I will choose if not put), driver name (Your username if not put) and driver aggression (If not put will be 80%). You only need to send me the .car/.zip file, but if you do the result may not exactly be what you want. NOTE: There is no naming for the engines. You can, but no need.
And of course, you can choose driver nationality.

You can send me your .car file however you’d like, though the 2 main options are the Forums and the Discord (My username on discord is the same as the forums). If you use discord for it and you are in this server, please upload them to the Showroom and Submissions in this discord Brad Lee Garage.

There is no limit to re-submissions/fixes. Just don’t go crazy with them. If you’ve got a legal engine submitted, I’d say to keep it that way.

The submissions will close on the 18th of November at 1 pm Atlantic Standard time. The first video will be posted on the 20th of November.

YOUTUBE : |SIDE QUEST| CCC - Battle For The Dollar - YouTube
DISCORD : Brad Lee Garage
CAR USED : Ford Spec Racer for Assetto Corsa | RaceDepartment
TOOL USED : engine-crane | RaceDepartment (We are not associated)

NOTE: If you win, you can call yourself a Professional Automation player. Cool right?

1 SUBMISSION PER PERSON! DON’T WORRY, THIS IS ESPECIALLY FOR THIS CHALLENGE

Oh yeah, I forgot a rule…… Have fun!

ccc2

4 Likes

I’ll try to respond as fast as i can! Wont always be here, but i’ll do my best.

So this is 91 regular fuel yes? Nothing Illegal?

1 Like

Oh yeah, i forgot to mention that. I’ll update it, one sec. Illegal technically, but since you are giving yourself a disadvantage its not that bad.

How are the cars driven? Is this going to be a fully ai driven race?

1 Like

Yes, it is going to be ai driven, but dont worry. The ai is actually good, so not much RNG is involved. Of course you could also drive them yourself, but then you might as well use BeamNG.

A spec car challenge with multiple engines built to a common template? Sounds rather like IndyCar in its present form, doesn’t it? Except unlike in IndyCar, we can use any engine configuration we want, with a max capacity of 2.4L (2400cc), normal aspiration, and running on regular pump gas (but no dedicated racing or even forged/CNC parts). Anyway, will you allow the use of hypereutectic or even low-friction cast pistons or not? After all, they reduce emissions and fuel consumption, respectively, compared to other piston types, but the latter has the lowest RPM threshold of any piston type.

1 Like

Never thought of that. I’ll do a quick test and see what happens, then i’ll get back to you.

Ok, seems good to me. Not a big advantage, but it gives that extra choice. Thanks for mentioning!
Btw, looks like i made a mistake with the Livery Selection. The white red bull is White Bull, and the red car next to it is Lenovo.

So the challenge is about making an engine for racing? So is this an experiment where the only variable changing is the engine?

2 Likes

Mostly correct, yes. You can of course change the driver agression too, but the only parts that change on the car is the engine itself (Though, the higher the RPMs the gearing may get longer, but i try to keep this balanced).

I’ll join in, I think. Calling dibs on the Canon/KFC livery.

I’m thinking a 2.4L V12 seems like a good idea.

2 Likes

I call for the Steam livery

2 Likes

Ayy, CCC is back! And we’re making suitably chad Formula engines it seems? Dibs on RaceDepartment please :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Count me in, Adidas livery, please.

1 Like

I only have this weekend to work on it, but I will do my best to enter. I take the UPS livery

2 Likes

Dayum you guys choose fast lmao. I’ll update it soon.

3 Likes

There we go, updated.

I’ll admit, I’m looking forward to this.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised, lots seem to be. 2 entries in 7 hours is insane on my end.

2 Likes