Sillymods [Currently frozen WIP]

New 00s race car body :astonished: Now available on Steam Workshop!

00s Race car

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=712459179
Available from 1999. Only 1 variant.

Stand alone: 712459179_Sillyworld_00sRacecar.zip (418.1 KB)

70s Race car

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=704572382
Available from 1969. 2 variants, long and short tail.

Stand alone download: 704572382_70sRacecarSillyworld.zip (334.6 KB)

90s GT coupe

Download from Steam here
Stand alone: 668943016_Sillyworld_90LargeCoupe.zip (496.1 KB)

Available in coupe, soft top and t top.

90s GT1

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f … =585937806
Available from 1995, with 3 variants, a regular coupĂŠ, a racing coupĂŠ and a roadster with hard top.

Standalone version–> Sillyworld90GT1.zip (607 KB)

SCHEDULE PROJECTS

• MODERN SUPERCAR (ford GT)
  • MODERN AERODYNAMIC (bmw i8)
  • 00s FUN CAR (porsche boxter/TT mashup)
  • 00s and 10s GT (European coupes/sedans)
  • 80s - 10s REAR ENGINE (DMC delorean and how it will be evolve if it was still in production)
4 Likes

CLK-GTR. The much beloved flying car of Le Mans '91 (twice!) Also my poster car for many years after NFS III: Hot Pursuit came out. Even when I discovered the homologation version would cost 3.25 million dollars.

The flying le mans car it was in 1999, and the model it was the CLR, and the “flying” it was due the excessive ground effect (like the 1978-1982 f1 cars).

True, I did kind of mash a few different things together >_>

Wait, you’re doing a 90’s GT1 car? If yes, that’s kurwa awesome!

Oooooh, CLKR GTR! Hype!

Just a request, or a suggestion or whatever, unlike the original car, please make the bonnet plain, so we can put other headlights than just pair of round ones and look good :slight_smile:

Looking great though, can’t wait.

Progress so far (I’m fixing the rear)

EDIT: december 18th (almost 19th)

Slow progress on the body, mainly because I wasn’t home almost all day, and because after I do some part, for diferent reasons, I have to re-do it again. Anyways, I think is looking pretty good :wink:

That looks very good :slight_smile:

Looks pretty well, but I’m quite afraid of it. Maybe with windows etc. it will look much better, because for now it’s practically empty bodyshell :smiley:

Small update! Slow, really slow progress…

Now I need some help :blush: how do I apply the materials from the sample file?
any one knows…? :frowning:

Also, there are some estrange shadows in the rear, any idea on how to remove those? I changed smoothing groups but that only made it worse.

Do you mean the white-ish shadow? If so, that’s just from the angle of the model and such in 3ds Max.

I mean this…

These dark areas :neutral_face:

That would be from having smoothing groups cover over some high angles (like 90 degrees or close to it). It might be worth changing some of them now, depending on how the angles in the bodywork appear on the real car, but it’s not really something that’s a worry at the moment, as shadows like that don’t appear in-game. Once you do have it in game, look at how the smoothing groups look, and if reflections look weird then it’s best to change them a bit. I wouldn’t recommend smoothing over right-angles, however, but it all depend on how it looks in-game.

Thanks for the help thecarlover :smiley:
I’ll test it in game to see if I need to re-do the rear

Looking pretty good. I just want to point out that no car window is truly flat, so you might want to add a little bit of curvature to them.

Speaking of window curvature…

You might want to take a look at this spot.

After a long day I finally tested the car body in-game. unfortunately, the chassis in automation was too “tall” for the model, and the suspension mountings in the front were glitching. So I just made the body a little higher. It works now, but it looks super-weird :laughing: I’ll re do the front tomorrow morning.

The engine bay is big enough, you can put the next engines:

Mid Longitudinal (with DOHC, individual trottle bodies and race intake)

• V12 – 105.6x79.2 = 8324cc
  • V12 – 104.3x104.3 = 10694cc
    And even bigger engines with longer stroke.

Rear longitudinal (with DOHC, individual trottle bodies and race intake)

• V6 109.1x81.8 = 4585cc
  • V6 107.8x107.8 = 5903cc
    Bigger engines with longer stroke.

You can put V12 in the rear but they tend to glitch.

Some pictures:

Neato! What drag coefficient will you be giving it?